project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Off-Topic Forums > Off-Topic Discussion
24 Apr 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Off-Topic Discussion For all discussions not related to PR. No Spam.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-16-2008, 09:16 AM   #1
DeltaFart

Default Ever get the feeling?...

Ok heres a thread of when you get a feeling that some people thought you knew too much about something and though you were a bit odd. Herees my scenario
In US history class my teacher was talking about the civil war bullets, and how they were lead and now a days they used steel instead. I had to correct him on that because it was just blatantly incorrect to even the once a month plinker (im more than that but my dad doesnt have all that many chances to go out to range) and also explained that the rounds were wrapped in copper. Also how the rounds today were just as bad to your insides as they were back then, with tumbling and shatter damage and all that. I had some of the white "gangstas" say how I stood up my teacher. Hhaa, everyone was looking at me for that.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
DeltaFart is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 10:22 AM   #2
SiN|ScarFace

You are on a shooter watch list now, congrats.

SiN|ScarFace is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 12:06 PM   #3
Ironcomatose

Dude i do this on a daily basis. Im known for doing this in fact, so no biggie to me and i dont understand the feeling your talking about.

[R-DEV]DuneHunter - No offense to any female gamers, but never, ever underestimate the amount of havoc a woman can unleash upon innocent unsuspecting electronics.
Ironcomatose is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 01:37 PM   #4
GeejPurdie

Send a message via MSN to GeejPurdie

That moment where you stop talking and realise exactly how everyone is looking at you?
Hell yeah I know that feeling pretty well.

Bullets may have ones name on it, but shrapnel is addressed; To Whom it may Concern.
GeejPurdie is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 01:41 PM   #5
bullock

Send a message via MSN to bullock

the only rounds that are made of steal are amour piecing i think, i could be wrong, and i find myself correcting people about militry matters as well, the film shooter i got told to shut up because i was picking all the hollywood bs to pices such as at the begining a spoter and shooter wouldnt be lying that close to each other ect
bullock is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 02:07 PM   #6
[uBp]Irish

i really didnt find Shooter all that interesting...

back to topic, yes, i have had that feeling especially when you can take the teachers word, reword the argument and then spit it back at them and they're wondering what the hell just happened. priceless.

[uBp]Irish is online now Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 02:20 PM   #7
[R-MOD]Dunehunter
Forum Moderator
Supporting Member

Send a message via MSN to [R-MOD]Dunehunter

Hm, had something like that while watching Black Hawk Down with a female friend of mine...I started talking about the differences between the equipment in the movie and what is used now, stuff about the realism, different possible tactics...

[R-MOD]Jigsaw] I am drunk. I decided to come home early because I can''t realy seea nyithng. I hthknk i madea bad choicce.
[R-MOD]Dunehunter is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 02:32 PM   #8
SiN|ScarFace

Quote:
Originally Posted by [uBp]Irish View Post
i really didnt find Shooter all that interesting...
Not talking about a movie or a book.

SiN|ScarFace is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 02:55 PM   #9
[R-DEV]OkitaMakoto
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

Send a message via AIM to [R-DEV]OkitaMakoto Send a message via MSN to [R-DEV]OkitaMakoto Send a message via Skype™ to [R-DEV]OkitaMakoto

Mainly happens with friends where I go off on tangents about current equipment like dune was saying. Whats used, where, when, effectiveness, etc. A lot from the forums actually.

Never too much in class aside from when war comes up and I toss in some little fact ehre or there. Nothing to get too excited about, but it kinda makes it obvious to people what my interests are

"[An intelligence officer is] an instrument of his country, an observer and reporter of information."

[R-DEV]OkitaMakoto is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 04:05 PM   #10
DeltaFart

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiN|ScarFace View Post
You are on a shooter watch list now, congrats.
Nah, people actually go to me to ask if a shot in things like CoD4 is possible quite entertaining

DeltaFart is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
feeling