project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Off-Topic Forums > Off-Topic Discussion
22 Jul 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Off-Topic Discussion For all discussions not related to PR. No Spam.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-14-2008, 06:28 PM   #11
DeePsix
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tef View Post
Hey bob are you jamaican?
No, Bob's from the UK

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

PR Testing Team: Serious Business.
[R-DEV]LeadMagnet: I guess that's what you get when an Irishman drinks light beer.....bad advice.
[R-DEV]dbzao:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Last edited by DeePsix; 02-14-2008 at 07:06 PM..
Old 02-14-2008, 06:59 PM   #12
Tef

Ok well damn so I don't know somebody in my home country that plays PR.
Tef is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 07:22 PM   #13
BloodBane611
Supporting Member

Bob's suggestion seems a good one to me. Personally I'd say buy whichever gun strikes your fancy (after checking some reviews on quality of course) and just go from there.

[R-CON]creepin - "because on the internet 0=1"

BloodBane611 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 08:14 PM   #14
Ecko
Supporting Member

I own an R85, I'll tell you the good and bad.

Bad:
Single fire mode is worthless, don't even bother using it... the gun doesn't cycle properly resulting in a motor jam. This is fixed by switching to full auto a firing a few rounds. But you can control your fire on full auto anyway.

Rate of fire is below that of a japan gun, still good but not awesome.

Good:
Finnish is excellent, pretty much impossible to tell apart from the real thing.

Accuracy is superb as is range.

With all china soft (every gun you listed) you will need to throughly clean the gun, chinese factorys have a habit of leaving god aweful grease on the gun the effects the performance.

Remember, to spray the gun is a criminal offense unless you can provide a defense, If you play airsoft at an insured site, you have the right to spray it or purchase a RIF. My advice would be to get yourself ukara registered, it takes 2 months.

AKA Ecko1987
Beep-Beep-Beep.
Last edited by Ecko; 02-25-2008 at 02:57 PM..
Old 02-14-2008, 08:43 PM   #15
Fullforce
Retired PR Developer

JG are a good, up-and-coming company. Most of their stuff is pretty good for the price, just don't expect any miracles.

The Army R85 is pretty solid too. However, once you get it, disable the blowback - it's useless, and will only break your gun. It's very simple to disable it and I can find you a guide if you do decide to get the R85.

At the end of the day, go for whatever product you like the look of the most. If you're buying within the UK you'll have warranty so any lemons can be sorted out nice and quickly.

Spraying over that garish green counts as manufacturing the IF (Imitation Firearm) into a RIF (Replica Imitation Firearm) which is illegal unless you're a registered skirmisher.
Fullforce is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 08:51 PM   #16
Tef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecko View Post
I own an R85, I'll tell you the good and bad.

Bad:
Single fire mode is worthless, don't even bother using it... the gun doesn't cycle properly resulting in a motor jam. This is fixed by switching to full auto a firing a few rounds. But you can control your fire on full auto anyway.

Rate of fire is below that of a japan gun, still good but not awesome.

Good:
Finnish is excellent, pretty much impossible to tell apart from the real thing.

Accuracy is superb as is range.

With all china soft (every gun you listed) you will need to throughly clean the gun, chinks have a habit of leaving god aweful grease on the gun the effects the performance.

Remember, to spray the gun is a criminal offense unless you can provide a defense, If you play airsoft at an insured site, you have the right to spray it or purchase a RIF. My advice would be to get yourself ukara registered, it takes 2 months.
Chink? Chink? God damn it why, please refrain from calling my race chinks.
Tef is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 08:57 PM   #17
lonelyjew

I'd go with the JG. I bought a JG a year ago and am happy with it. I am not hardcore into airsoft but the thing never let me down and, in fact, I like it more than my full metal CA AR-15.

Thanks luizinhuu for the find

People are hopelessly ignorant of their own ignorance.
-Me
lonelyjew is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 09:07 PM   #18
Chubben
Supporting Member

Send a message via MSN to Chubben

I have an M14 made by CA, if you are looking for something heavy that can be made into a semi sniper ( you can tune it alot ) its the gun for u.

But if you want close quarter combat its not the gun for you, its very heavy to drag around weighs 4.2 kgs. and its very slow to turn with in a tight spot..

Chubben is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 10:21 AM   #19
Blackhawk 5

right so, the ARMY L85 is about the only MPEG brand of that style good enough to be useable. Of course its no STAR and many could not afford such a gun. Also 2 tone guns are the legal way to get airsoft guns without any specific lisense, persponally with MPEG brands go with JG and ARMY, maby some more i cant think of now.
Blackhawk 5 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 10:24 AM   #20
Blackhawk 5

forget to mention arnies airsoft has some good reviews on the ARMY as well as it being a UK base might relate to that.
Blackhawk 5 is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
airsoft, assistance, decision, needed, purchase