project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Off-Topic Forums > Off-Topic Discussion
20 Nov 2017, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Off-Topic Discussion For all discussions not related to PR. No Spam.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-03-2013, 03:55 PM   #3541
WelshManDan
Supporting Member

Default Re: What is the last movie you watched?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gx View Post
The main problem with bay and cameron is now they ONLY use CGI, which to me is very lame. Christopher Nolan, now that man knows how to shoot a movie. For example, the first scene with the plane, he could have gone the route everyone else did and use CGI, or he could have filmed most of it between two actual planes in the air.

How The Aerial Stunt Was Filmed in Dark Knight Rises ? Garrett On The Road
So what? We all know Nolan is better than 90% of directors and is probably going to be the est one day.

Cameron (not modern Cameron btw - old school Aliens etc are his best ino) and Bay just make highly entertaining films, and Bay especially can capture action films with all the cliches you can think of that just make it badass as hell. Sure he's not going to win an Oscar, but instead of making films as pieces of art, he makes them as over the top action flicks, which personally I absolutely love.

McTiernan isn't exactly the most incredible director ever, and yet made a few of the best action movies of all time. Of all time.
WelshManDan is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 04:08 PM   #3542
Rabbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by WelshManDan View Post
So what? We all know Nolan is better than 90% of directors and is probably going to be the est one day.

Cameron (not modern Cameron btw - old school Aliens etc are his best ino) and Bay just make highly entertaining films, and Bay especially can capture action films with all the cliches you can think of that just make it badass as hell. Sure he's not going to win an Oscar, but instead of making films as pieces of art, he makes them as over the top action flicks, which personally I absolutely love.

McTiernan isn't exactly the most incredible director ever, and yet made a few of the best action movies of all time. Of all time.
I wholeheartedly agree with you on aliens and Camerons older films, as for Bay, I have just never liked any of his movies, I don't know what it is about them. Well actually I just don't like transformers because It feels like the MW2 of movies.

Rabbit is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 04:09 PM   #3543
ShockUnitBlack

McTierman's great. Die Hard and Predator are awesome movies. Die Hard 3, not so much, but whatever.

Two words for Bay: Pearl Harbor.

"I Want To Spend The Rest Of My Life With You Tonight."
ShockUnitBlack is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 04:09 PM   #3544
KP
Retired Moderator

Quote:
The main problem with bay and cameron is now they ONLY use CGI, which to me is very lame. Christopher Nolan, now that man knows how to shoot a movie. For example, the first scene with the plane, he could have gone the route everyone else did and use CGI, or he could have filmed most of it between two actual planes in the air.

How The Aerial Stunt Was Filmed in Dark Knight Rises ? Garrett On The Road
I just figured it was all CGI. Hanging out of the back of a C130 in flight ... well, that's just farkin' cool!

Gonna have to watch that movie again now...

More guns and bullets make bad guys go away faster,
which in turn makes everyone in the area safer.

-Paul Howe
KP is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 04:18 PM   #3545
WelshManDan
Supporting Member

Quote:
I wholeheartedly agree with you on aliens and Camerons older films, as for Bay, I have just never liked any of his movies, I don't know what it is about them. Well actually I just don't like transformers because It feels like the MW2 of movies.
Aliens is joint with Predator and Rambo II in the most badass movies of all time. Something just so cool about it, sucks to think there will never be another film that can capture that kind of feeling again, the technology of the camera and sound equipment being the most perfect balance between quality and graininess. Same with most of those films to be honest. I just cant imagine somebody coming along and making something as great as Predator or Aliens again with the "HDNESS" of this generation.

Tarantino gets a good mix though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShockUnitBlack View Post
McTierman's great. Die Hard and Predator are awesome movies. Die Hard 3, not so much, but whatever.

Two words for Bay: Pearl Harbor.
Tarantino: Jackie Brown (although I thought it was okay)
Spielberg: Indy 4
McTiernan: Last action hero

Most directors have a bad stain on their records. Unluckily it was after making 3 great films in a row (The Rock, Bad Boys + Armageddon).

Pain and Gain could either be a great action flick or absolutely terrible though. Im saving my judgement for that one.
Old 02-03-2013, 05:05 PM   #3546
sweedensniiperr
Supporting Member

Stanley Kubrick

/end of discussion

sweedensniiperr is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 06:00 PM   #3547
Cassius
Supporting Member

He did like 3 movies in 20 years.

|TG|cap_Kilgore
Cassius is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 06:13 PM   #3548
jerkzilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweedensniiperr View Post
Stanley Kubrick

/end of discussion
Not so fast!

Andrei Tarkovsky.

And you know what?

Alfred Hitchcock.

And I'm sorry but Rambo 2 was absolute garbage compared the the first (which could have been a quite a bit better).

This signature is here due to lack of imagination.
jerkzilla is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 06:22 PM   #3549
WelshManDan
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerkzilla View Post
Not so fast!

Andrei Tarkovsky.

And you know what?

Alfred Hitchcock.

And I'm sorry but Rambo 2 was absolute garbage compared the the first (which could have been a quite a bit better).

That single scene alone takes it from a 5/10 film to a 9/10
Old 02-03-2013, 06:28 PM   #3550
jerkzilla

Well it would have, if Rambo was supposed to be comedy.

This signature is here due to lack of imagination.
jerkzilla is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
2012, 7th panzer division, fast, get out of here 9gag, kill everyone, le 9gag army, movie, recommend, watched