project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Off-Topic Forums > Off-Topic Discussion
23 Nov 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Off-Topic Discussion For all discussions not related to PR. No Spam.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-19-2008, 04:09 PM   #61
lonelyjew

Quote:
Originally Posted by solodude23 View Post
Doing Muay Thai and BJJ now. I still work out but that in itself is a huge workout.
How's BJJ? I think grappling > striking but you're doing both so what would you say?

Thanks luizinhuu for the find

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

People are hopelessly ignorant of their own ignorance.
-Me
lonelyjew is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 04:20 PM   #62
Wasteland

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-CON]Onil View Post
Airsoft 2 or 3 times a month

BTT almost every day or night during the summer

Parkour from time to time.
Awesome. I've been looking to get into parkour. What would you say is more important: cardio or strength? I think that my bottleneck would probably be flexibility, which I'm working on. But I don't do any cardio at all (which will have to change in the next month or so), since it f**ks with my bulking. I can't imagine you really need cardio for learning parkour techniques. Maybe if you're doing a sustained session, linking techniques together, but I'm a ways off from that.

Originally Posted by: ArmedDrunk&Angry
we don't live in your fantastical world where you are the super hero sent to release us all from the bondage of ignorance
Originally Posted by: [R-MOD]dunehunter
don't mess with wasteland, a scary guy will drag you into an alleyway and rape you with a baseballbat
Wasteland is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 04:22 PM   #63
A.J.Sawyer
Retired PR Developer

Skiing

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
You did not bear the Shame
You Resisted
Sacrificing your Life
For Freedom, Justice and Honour
A.J.Sawyer is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 04:34 PM   #64
Wasteland

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonelyjew View Post
How's BJJ? I think grappling > striking but you're doing both so what would you say?
I've never really done any formal grappling (though we used to do a ton of it while sparring in Krav Maga- but no real training of techniques). But I've found that if the fight gets to the ground, unless the other guy is a wrestler/grappler, it can become about mounting the other guy and pummeling him until you think it's safe to get up. Not saying that grappling's not incredibly useful. Just that if you were to pick one or the other, I'd say that striking was more versatile.

we don't live in your fantastical world where you are the super hero sent to release us all from the bondage of ignorance
don't mess with wasteland, a scary guy will drag you into an alleyway and rape you with a baseballbat
Old 02-19-2008, 04:40 PM   #65
SethLive!
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-MOD]Wasteland View Post
it can become about mounting the other guy and pummeling him until you think it's safe to get up. Not saying that grappling's not incredibly useful. Just that if you were to pick one or the other, I'd say that striking was more versatile.
i would disagree, 99% of all fights ive seen just end up with two people rolling on the ground. (at least if its a serious fight)

Someone please tell me that the above is irony.
Or I'll rip my own eyes out with a sardine.
-[R-Mod] Masaq
SethLive! is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 05:03 PM   #66
robbo

Looking at the Faces of PR me thinks alot of people on hear are lying...
anyway.

Motocross every saturday and sunday, just got my self a CRF450 for £3000
Gym 3 times a week.
Cage Fighting stopped last summer, think im going to start it again.

robbo is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 05:18 PM   #67
milsims.blogspot.com

While the basic use is a sport, I run an advanced laser combat program here in Australia called Military Sims as a hobby one weekend per month. It uses the most advanced equipment with the most advanced software to create a suspended reality. The idea is to create modern squad based combat experiences for all those involved, and the feedback so far had been awesome. So much so that we have already been invited a few times to join the ADF on their excercises as their OpFor using our equipment instead of their old training systems. It keeps us all fit.

It's based on SE Queensland for anyone interested.
Last edited by milsims.blogspot.com; 02-19-2008 at 05:25 PM..
Old 02-19-2008, 05:48 PM   #68
Wasteland

Quote:
Originally Posted by SethLive! View Post
i would disagree, 99% of all fights ive seen just end up with two people rolling on the ground. (at least if its a serious fight)
You see, I've always found it different. Any fight that I've been in that was pretty serious, but in the end we didn't really want to hurt each other too bad, would start with yelling in each other's faces, usually with the other guy spreading his arms all wide for some reason. Then somebody would push the other one, and then the other would push back. We'd close the resulting distance really quickly and go to a clinch and trying to break to punch each other. Somebody would get thrown, and it would become a grappling fight on the ground.

But the *really* serious fights, where they're trying to seriously harm you, always seemed to stay striking fights. It's just too dangerous to commit to grappling when someone can break free and start hammering you with strikes.

Old 02-19-2008, 06:12 PM   #69
robbo

Hmm lets see here,
I would go for grapling when the adrenelin is running its hard to actually hurt somone by punching them repeatadly.
I have been in both situations (Internetz serious discusions.) id much rather have somone punch me in the face repeatadly on the floor than somone break my arm in an armbar which would be much more effedtive.
robbo is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 06:19 PM   #70
Wasteland

Unless the other guy's trained in BJJ, I'd be really surprised if somebody managed to break my arm without me knocking his teeth out with a few well placed back elbows.

Tags
sports