project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Off-Topic Forums > Off-Topic Discussion
31 Aug 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Off-Topic Discussion For all discussions not related to PR. No Spam.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-29-2008, 01:04 AM   #1
Dondero
Default Headset

Its time for a new one.

What do you all recommend?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Dondero is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 04:24 AM   #2
Trigz07

Plantronics headset. They cost 50 dollars but are worth it. The only downside is after a month or so the head set could easily go down if you lean your head foward so =/
Trigz07 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 07:00 AM   #3
[R-DEV]Rudd
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

Plantronics headset, makes you look like a cyberman- but the sound quality is worth it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by [R-DEV]Rudd; 01-29-2008 at 07:01 AM.. Reason: spelling
Old 01-29-2008, 07:04 AM   #4
Soulis6

I have a nice $30 one (logitech i think) but for some reason it doesn't work with BF2, so i still use the crappy little headset i got for free by pre-ordering BF2. Works just fine. lol.

Soulis6 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 07:30 AM   #5
Makee

Send a message via Skype™ to Makee

Sennheiser & Plantronics are both excellent choice.

I'm using Sennheiser for PR and bluetooth Plantronics for mobile phone.

It will maybe cost you just a little more then others, but they are worth every cent you paid for it.
Makee is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 08:00 AM   #6
[R-MOD]Dunehunter
Forum Moderator
Supporting Member

Send a message via MSN to [R-MOD]Dunehunter

Sennheiser is great yeah, good quality stuff, especially when you wear it for hours on end that's important.

[R-MOD]Jigsaw] I am drunk. I decided to come home early because I can''t realy seea nyithng. I hthknk i madea bad choicce.
[R-MOD]Dunehunter is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 03:12 PM   #7
BloodBane611
Supporting Member

Plantronic. They're not the greatest fitting, but they're not painful to wear. $50 US for a good pair with a great sounding mic.

[R-CON]creepin - "because on the internet 0=1"

BloodBane611 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 03:22 PM   #8
ReaperMAC

Send a message via AIM to ReaperMAC Send a message via Skype™ to ReaperMAC

Plantronics .Audio 340 Behind-the-Head Enhanced Multimedia Headset

Its the one I have right now, comfortable and behind the head , great sound quality and also featured in the movie: Diehard - Live Free or Die Hard

You should be able to get one for under $30.

[R-DEV]dbzao: My head Rhino.... (long pause) My beautiful head
[R-DEV]Rhino - If you want to spam do it in the tester area please.
Control the Media, Control the Mind.
ReaperMAC is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 04:38 PM   #9
[R-COM]Darkpowder
Support Technician

Speedlink Medusa 5.1 Progamer. They come in a great case too, have std. 5.1 connectors, and the case is a big benefit if you travel with your PC now and again.

Best partner for the X-Fi big boys i've found, the postional ability is outstanding, great mic too. not cheap but the buid quality is awesome, with the ability to swing the headsets into 90 turns to rest on the shoulders between matches.

Dr-Rank and bond and rhino, nightwolf, squidy has seen them so they can attest to the quality.
If you want USB, Natalas plantronics are pretty good too, but nowhere near as comfortable for long sessions.

You basically run them as 5.1 speakers not headphones, so if you want a plug in to a headphone jack kind of set these aren't the ones for you. these babies plug in the back where your surround sound speakers go.

[R-COM]Darkpowder is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 01:27 PM   #10
Nickbond592
Retired PR Developer

^^ speaks the truth

Smeg: Fuzz commands a lot and promotes good teamwork, db flips vehicles, Bosco is an all-round nub, Outlawz is an SP whore, Nickbond is a friggin ninja and Rhino gets kicked for being a n00b.
Nickbond592 is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
headset