project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Off-Topic Forums > Off-Topic Discussion
31 Oct 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Off-Topic Discussion For all discussions not related to PR. No Spam.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-16-2008, 10:31 AM   #1
[R-DEV]Rudd
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

Default has the war changed your daily life?

This is aimed at we civilians

I'm just sitting here counting the seconds b4 i have to leave for a cell development and animal/plant diversity exam and it occured to me that the war hasn't changed my daily life.

I keep up on all the news as best I can, but when I mention it to someone else they seem apathetic- in fact only my own father seems as concerned as I.

Does any1 else find this disconcerting?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

[R-DEV]Rudd is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 10:47 AM   #2
Gaz
PR Retrobate
Supporting Member

Wut?

*CURRENTLY AFK - MIL STUFF*

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"By profession I am a
, and take pride in that fact. But I am prouder, infinitely prouder, to be a father". - Gen Douglas MacAurthur.
-Proud wearer of motorcycle helmets since 1998.
Gaz is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 10:48 AM   #3
<1sk>Headshot

Ya man, i got evacuated to the country and I have to use ration tickets to buy my food

"Computer games don't affect kids, I mean if Pac Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching pills and listening to repetitive music."
<1sk>Headshot is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 10:58 AM   #4
SiN|ScarFace

Yea, most of the troops are gone from town which makes going to the bars actually fun instead of fight night.

SiN|ScarFace is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 02:16 PM   #5
Sundance Kid

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Gaz View Post
Wut?
read the title and u'll know...

U.S bace in mad of 5 enterdil bildings with lap tops and rados in them
Sundance Kid is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 02:48 PM   #6
[R-DEV]Rudd
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Gaz View Post
Wut?
i'll translate my english in to english- every1 I talk to seems dimly aware that britain is fighting any1!

Old 01-16-2008, 02:59 PM   #7
Morgan

Day to day it doesn't affect many people. I think about it but it's not a pressing concern. Sorta like global warming. Something you're aware of but does scare you sh!tless quite yet...

Morgan is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 03:29 PM   #8
[R-DEV]Rudd
Supporting Member

I just find it odd i guess, btw about global warming read Michael Crichton's 'State of Fear' it has a terrible ending but the book is excellent for perspective.

Old 01-16-2008, 06:02 PM   #9
Nickbond592
Retired PR Developer

Modern war wont really affect you unless its on your continent, as we can source what ever we need from other places until its finished or at least stable. and it wont seriously affect you unless its on your doorstep or in a neighboring country, or of course if your family is the military (this is also aimed at us civvies)

Smeg: Fuzz commands a lot and promotes good teamwork, db flips vehicles, Bosco is an all-round nub, Outlawz is an SP whore, Nickbond is a friggin ninja and Rhino gets kicked for being a n00b.
Nickbond592 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 06:58 PM   #10
BloodBane611
Supporting Member

Not at all. But I don't think anyone expected it to either.

[R-CON]creepin - "because on the internet 0=1"

BloodBane611 is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
changed, daily, life, war