project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Off-Topic Forums > Off-Topic Discussion
22 Sep 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Off-Topic Discussion For all discussions not related to PR. No Spam.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-12-2009, 06:33 PM   #711
[R-DEV]Rhino
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

Default Re: FH 2.2 Released!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedoombringer0 View Post
Well thats not the case for me completely pasted a tiger in a churchill i did at about 1km.

Hit in the turret ring about 2/3 times he hit me twice and i survived had very little armour left though. He then accused me of hacking =P
FH2 dont have any view distance of 1km, all there new maps are only 1km by 1km maps

Ye if your going up against a Tiger, a Churchill or a Firefly is the only thing you really want to touch it with but to get any real chance of killing a good tanker in a tiger you have to some how get to there rear.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
[R-DEV]Rhino is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 06:36 PM   #712
thedoombringer0
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Rhino View Post
FH2 dont have any view distance of 1km, all there new maps are only 1km by 1km maps

Really i could barely see the thing it was that small =P
ooh well.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

thedoombringer0 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 07:08 PM   #713
Colonelcool125

Quote:
its soo easy to just denominate an entire game in one of them. All you need to do is hang back, camp in some area where you can not easily be flanked (which is pretty easy on most maps) and then just wait for any enemy tanks to apear out of the fog. Even if they get the drop on you and manage to get one or two hits on your front armour, not a problem since you can take the enemy tank out in one pretty easily (unless its a Churchill which then its 2 on its front armour, 1 on the side or back) and then any little damage you may have taken can be repaired in the field in a few seconds by a engineer.
Agreed. When we tried to take down that Tiger I scored three hits on the rear armor and he didn't even flinch.
Colonelcool125 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 07:19 PM   #714
[R-DEV]Rhino
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colonelcool125 View Post
Agreed. When we tried to take down that Tiger I scored three hits on the rear armor and he didn't even flinch.
ye I think you where in the same squad as me when we had 5 or 6 tanks all going for the tiger at once from different sides and even thou 1 or 2 got behind it just because the tiger couldn't kill us all at once, the tanks that managed to get around behind it couldn't kill it...

[R-DEV]Rhino is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 07:20 PM   #715
LeChuckle

shoot the tracks

LeChuckle is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 07:23 PM   #716
DankE_SPB
Retired PR Developer

Send a message via MSN to DankE_SPB Send a message via Skype™ to DankE_SPB

Quote:
ye I think you where in the same squad as me when we had 5 or 6 tanks all going for the tiger at once from different sides and even thou 1 or 2 got behind it just because the tiger couldn't kill us all at once, the tanks that managed to get around behind it couldn't kill it...
lol, dont forget repair battalion, jumping out from Tiger
even our second zerg rush with HE against it didnt succeed

Quote:
shoot the tracks
it works when its alone, when there are 3-5 engies repairing it chances are deadky low low

[R-DEV]Z-trooper: you damn russian bear spy ;P - WWJND?
DankE_SPB is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 07:30 PM   #717
thedoombringer0
Supporting Member

Seeing the king tiger in FH2 reminded me of COH where 25 pounder shells bounced off.

Either the arty gunners in that particular game tonight where bad or its the same situation as COH.

thedoombringer0 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 07:39 PM   #718
torenico

Send a message via MSN to torenico

Many FH Vets, especially Tank Vets, found themselves as little puppies on Normandy.

Tanking in Africa was a matter of Who spot Who. I've spotted tons of guys first and i took them down. Also, UK best airplane was the Beaufighter, now only 2 or maybe 3 maps had it, the superiority went to the germans in most cases.

In Normandy, Totalize for example, tanking as german is damn hard.

-The Typhoon, deadly whit its Rockets, can take down a tiger in a row. This forces the tiger to seek for cover, wait in under a tree, behind a Hedgerow or something and ambush.

-17pdr, Fear it, thats all i can say, fear it. Achilles, Firefly, damn fine tanks. Too bad their armor is kinda bad, but their gun are incredible. They can hurt a Panther pretty bad.

-Your cover is against you, the Hedges and Bushes can contain PIAT infantry. Beware of them.

torenico is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 07:43 PM   #719
LeChuckle

doom - we were talking about tiger not tiger 2 i believe?

LeChuckle is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 08:52 PM   #720
[R-DEV]Chuc

Send a message via MSN to [R-DEV]Chuc Send a message via Skype™ to [R-DEV]Chuc

I love doing fire support (artillery, mortars) in this game..

Personal Folio -
[R-DEV]Chuc is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
14th, america, battle, bf2, dec, enters, fh2, forgoten, forgotten, hope, hope2, mod, release, released, v22