project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Off-Topic Forums > Off-Topic Discussion
20 Aug 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Off-Topic Discussion For all discussions not related to PR. No Spam.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-07-2010, 06:40 PM   #1031
masterceo

Default Re: Forgotten Hope 2 (BF2 Mod)

I like all your ideas, but what about the deviation? As of now, the player with the best reflex wins, even if he's lonewolfing with a simple bolt action rifle.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Priby:Why cant i be norwegian?
H.sta:becouse we are a specially selected bunch of people created by god to show how awsome mankind can be
masterceo is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 06:43 PM   #1032
Ts4EVER

Quote:
Originally Posted by masterceo View Post
I like all your ideas, but what about the deviation? As of now, the player with the best reflex wins, even if he's lonewolfing with a simple bolt action rifle.
I should have written that: The concept uses PR as a basis. So if I didn't mention it, it works like in PR, not FH2. FH2 is a whole other story.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Ts4EVER is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 06:45 PM   #1033
masterceo

Right, this concept sounds ace to me, I would certainly play FH2 more.

Priby:Why cant i be norwegian?
H.sta:becouse we are a specially selected bunch of people created by god to show how awsome mankind can be
masterceo is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 06:53 PM   #1034
Ts4EVER

Just for the record: I love FH2 the way it is. This would be a totally different game, PR WW2.

Old 07-07-2010, 06:58 PM   #1035
77SiCaRiO77
Retired PR Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ts4EVER View Post
I wrote that the top view would be removed. About planes: Personally I don't care for them and I think they only take away valuable player slots, especially considering that they can't be properly portrayed in the BF2 engine.
helis and planes in PR are not represented completaly realistic in PR eigther , but removing them will just remove another layer of combat , one that IMO can be usefull if coded correctly . also , with all the spawn points , you wouldnt notice 2 or 3 players less in the battle.

top view for mortars is needed because players of other squads also can spot , and unlike mordern warfare , the small mortar bateries in WW2 didnt needed the comander aproval to strike .
77SiCaRiO77 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 07:03 PM   #1036
Ts4EVER

Yes but in WW2 most squad leaders weren't directly hooked up to the mortar So ingame you could have mortar support for your squad, but for really well aimed fire you'd need a dedicated spotter in the mortar squad.

Old 07-13-2010, 08:48 AM   #1037
Tim270
Retired PR Developer

New update

Forgotten Hope

Tim270 is online now Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 01:44 PM   #1038
[R-DEV]AfterDune
PR:BF2 Lead Developer
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

FH2 is fine as it is. Just like PR, it's the players that make the game fun. I've had terrible games in both PR and FH2, but also have had excellent rounds with great teamwork! Really, if your team works together and uses VOIP all the way, you're in for a big win .

Great work, FH2 team, as always!

[R-DEV]AfterDune is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 01:52 PM   #1039
Brummy

Send a message via MSN to Brummy

Stupid question; should I bother download the current FH2 version? I lost the files. So should I wait for 2.3 or is that going to be far away?

|
Brummy is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 02:00 PM   #1040
boilerrat

Is there a normandy beach map yet?

boilerrat is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
14th, america, battle, bf2, dec, enters, fh2, forgoten, forgotten, hope, hope2, mod, release, released, v22