project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Off-Topic Forums > Off-Topic Discussion
26 Nov 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Off-Topic Discussion For all discussions not related to PR. No Spam.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-15-2007, 08:47 PM   #11
Spearhead
Retired PR Developer

Send a message via ICQ to Spearhead Send a message via MSN to Spearhead

Bought the Orange Box mainly for portal and EP2. Since I would pay as much for both as for the whole box I took the box and I decided to play a bit of TF2 since I paid for it.

I wasn't expecting too much after playing a bit at the Games Convention in August. Back then things were too chaotic and I wasn't really there for that game and portal captured me much more than TF2 did. It just looked like a clone of TFC with different style.

So after playing it a bit on my PC at home this weekend I have to say that it was much more fun than I expected and it plays extremely smoothly. You easily play it much longer than you originally intended. Main thing is that one needs some time to learn the new maps but it's usually fun from the start to play around with the classes and tools.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Spearhead is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 11:29 PM   #12
The_motivator

my fav thing to do so far, as a spy, is disguise as the opposing team's spy, and wander amongst my teammates. People tend to hold their fire when they see a spy of their own color running around the enemy, lol. It's great fun though.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
The_motivator is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 12:14 AM   #13
lonelyjew

Hehe, I saw a spy dressed as a pyro trick an enemy medic into not only healing him but following him into a friendly heavy, soldier, demoman, and pyro. Suffice it to say the idiot medic was little more than a smear afterwards.

Thanks luizinhuu for the find

People are hopelessly ignorant of their own ignorance.
-Me
lonelyjew is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 03:19 AM   #14
Dylan

Send a message via MSN to Dylan

I never got into it. It was just not fun for me, I really didnt like the cartoonish nature. It was to "gamey" as the DEVs might put it. A few months ago I had high hopes for it, but now I just dont want to touch it. I had more fun with counter strike than TF2.
Dylan is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 03:59 AM   #15
Desertfox

I don't get whats so special about portal, you go through portals....? Also, Doesn't EP2 have like motion blur or DOF? And is portal made by valve or is a HL2 mod.

Desertfox is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 04:29 AM   #16
Dylan

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-CON]Desertfox View Post
I don't get whats so special about portal, you go through portals....? Also, Doesn't EP2 have like motion blur or DOF? And is portal made by valve or is a HL2 mod.
Well I guess your one of the few that dont like portal. EP2 does have motion blur, and Portal is done by Valve.
Old 10-16-2007, 04:46 AM   #17
Desertfox

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-MOD]Dylan View Post
Well I guess your one of the few that dont like portal. EP2 does have motion blur, and Portal is done by Valve.
It's not that I don't like portal, I haven't even tried it. Everyone is just talking about how portal is so amazing etc, and I just don't see what the big deal is :P

Old 10-16-2007, 04:49 AM   #18
Dylan

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-CON]Desertfox View Post
It's not that I don't like portal, I haven't even tried it. Everyone is just talking about how portal is so amazing etc, and I just don't see what the big deal is :P
Well play it, and you will see. :-/ Its more than just portals, its the atmosphere, story, and CAKE.
Old 10-16-2007, 05:00 AM   #19
Spaz
Supporting Member

Anyone got a ts server that ppl can use only to play TF2?

I was playing last night as a spy and its so fun

Spaz is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 06:12 AM   #20
Desertfox

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-MOD]Dylan View Post
Well play it, and you will see. :-/ Its more than just portals, its the atmosphere, story, and CAKE.
I have money

My games wishlist:

Crysis
Orange Box
COD4
EVE online

and I have $0

Tags
fortress, team