project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Off-Topic Forums > Off-Topic Discussion
28 Jul 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Off-Topic Discussion For all discussions not related to PR. No Spam.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-11-2007, 01:30 PM   #1
Hardtman

Default So I'm going to build a program....

Good day again,

Here I am yet again requiring your help .

The situation is as follows: My father needs use a program to simulate building a house, quite alike to the "The Sims"-House building, but not as detailed, just walls, windows and maybe stairs.
Since I also did his Page, he asked me if I'd like to make one.
Although I have some little experience in coding (Ok,who am I trying to fool, I have yet to work at something deeper than pascal, but I think I have at least a basic grasp at how things work,and I am eager to learn), I have not nearly enough expertise to code such a thing from scratch.

So I ask you: Is there some kind of software available that gives you some kind of a raw structure that you could use to your desires?
Preferably it'd need to include 3D-Output, but maybe 2D-graphics could suffice either.

Thanks in advance.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Hardtman is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 01:34 PM   #2
[R-DEV]Deadfast
PR:A3 Lead Developer

Send a message via MSN to [R-DEV]Deadfast Send a message via Skype™ to [R-DEV]Deadfast

What about the Google SketchUp ?

[R-DEV]Deadfast is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 02:19 PM   #3
JohnnyPissoff

Here you go Hardtman:

http://www.cycas.de/dindex.html#top < Auf Deutsche
http://www.artifice.com/free/dw_lite.html
http://www.cadinfo.net/reviews/piranesi.htm

There are a bunch more free versions on-line just search for; free Architectural CAD systems

JohnnyPissoff is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 01:52 AM   #4
Hardtman

Wow, you guys deliver fast

But I'm afraid I didn't specify enough in my first post.

We need the software to be very easy-to use since it is going to be used by people without any knowledge.
It will be used for my for my fathers clients so that they can present their idea of their house.
Furthermore, since we'll probable give this software out to them, it'd be best if we don't have to worry about copyright-issues, so it'd be best if I more or less made it myself via some kind of editor.

Hardtman is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 02:11 AM   #5
Dylan

Send a message via MSN to Dylan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardtman View Post
Wow, you guys deliver fast

But I'm afraid I didn't specify enough in my first post.

We need the software to be very easy-to use since it is going to be used by people without any knowledge.
It will be used for my for my fathers clients so that they can present their idea of their house.
Furthermore, since we'll probable give this software out to them, it'd be best if we don't have to worry about copyright-issues, so it'd be best if I more or less made it myself via some kind of editor.
If its free, it should not matter. Download it, and read the text when installing to see what the terms are. If you dont know HOW to write a program, do a GUI, etc, then I think it would be very hard for you. Also, for writing programs, I think Linux has a C++ program that people can use to write programs. Just letting you know, so if you really are serious, you have somewhere to go. My knowledge of this topic are little, but my skills with CAD are not. CAD programs are very reliable, can import/export to different file types, are pretty simple once you learn the interface, and it is just a really sweet program. Go to your local library, pick up a book on it, and start cracking. Good luck.
Dylan is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 04:30 AM   #6
The_motivator

sketch-up is fairly intuitive.

The_motivator is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 07:51 AM   #7
Ecko
Supporting Member

Auto-Cad... easily the best ^^

AKA Ecko1987
Beep-Beep-Beep.
Ecko is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 08:31 AM   #8
TheOldDog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadfast View Post
What about the Google SketchUp ?
Impressive... i am going to have to look at Google software now that they are pushing into other markets.
TheOldDog is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
build, program