project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Off-Topic Forums > Off-Topic Discussion
26 Oct 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Off-Topic Discussion For all discussions not related to PR. No Spam.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-19-2007, 11:33 PM   #1
A-10Warthog
Supporting Member

Send a message via AIM to A-10Warthog Send a message via MSN to A-10Warthog Send a message via Skype™ to A-10Warthog
Default decision.

okay. im stuck and dont know what to do. i still havent built my computer yet. and as much as i need one, i really want to build a 125cc go kart (capable of speeds 120+mph) with a 5 speed tranny. but heres where i cant decide. i love love speed and anything to do with engines, and since i drive a truck i cant really race, and thats wat the kart would be for. but then my clans moving to cod4 so i want/need a new gaming rig for dx10 and whatnot (i couldent run cod4 with this prolly) and i cant get both (i think) because its my 2000USD and its either going all to one or the other. can i get some opinions on this to help me come to my decision?

A-10, EX PR Tester, Moderator, Public Relations.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
from [R-DEV]CodeRedFox: "Fixing bugs creates more bugs"
Last edited by [R-MOD]Dunehunter; 09-20-2007 at 04:41 AM.. Reason: my eyes! it burnsssss!
Old 09-19-2007, 11:39 PM   #2
Ironcomatose

Well im to young to drive and live in New York City so a go kart doesnt appeal to me at all. I would go with the PC, you get to have fun in the safety of your home!! and you can always buy a go kart game.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

[R-DEV]DuneHunter - No offense to any female gamers, but never, ever underestimate the amount of havoc a woman can unleash upon innocent unsuspecting electronics.
Ironcomatose is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 11:41 PM   #3
Garabaldi

Send a message via MSN to Garabaldi

Get whichever you'll enjoy more and get more fun out us. We can't really decide that for you.

Garabaldi is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 11:41 PM   #4
Randleman5102

the red ahhhhh it burns

You Are Now Breathing Manually...
Randleman5102 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 11:42 PM   #5
[R-DEV]OkitaMakoto
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

Send a message via AIM to [R-DEV]OkitaMakoto Send a message via MSN to [R-DEV]OkitaMakoto Send a message via Skype™ to [R-DEV]OkitaMakoto

honestly, a PC sounds like a better option, but thats just cuz i never saw much worth in getting cars and gokarts, etc.

Computers are the way of the future and more and more things not only require one, but they tend to require a somewhat beefy one at that.

In the end though, its your money. i know sometimes when Im trying to decide, I ask someone their opinion, and say they say option "B" and i disagree, or find fault in their suggestion, I take it to mean that i was already set on "A" before I asked... make any sense?

So if you thought me suggesting a PC was a good idea, In my thought process, that means get a PC cuz is what you are really wanting. but if you were like "Yeah yeah, but go kart man..." then You might subconsciously want a go kart...

Think about it, and I hope you make the "right" choice.

Okita

"[An intelligence officer is] an instrument of his country, an observer and reporter of information."

[R-DEV]OkitaMakoto is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 11:44 PM   #6
Swe_Olsson

Send a message via ICQ to Swe_Olsson Send a message via Skype™ to Swe_Olsson

i bought my self a new computer earlier this month, but its not a high performance which im able to play games with. the decision is quiet hard to make because, once u buy that computer within 2-3 years ur gonna have to upgrade it which im sure is not a problem but still. Gocart will go on, untill it breaks down its gonna cost alot of money to maintain... I say

i say GO for the Computer !
Swe_Olsson is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 12:56 AM   #7
A-10Warthog
Supporting Member

Send a message via AIM to A-10Warthog Send a message via MSN to A-10Warthog Send a message via Skype™ to A-10Warthog

well now, you guys have made some good points. but i really love cars and whatnot wayyyy more than computers. but i still like games alot. i hate hard decisions...

A-10, EX PR Tester, Moderator, Public Relations.

from [R-DEV]CodeRedFox: "Fixing bugs creates more bugs"
A-10Warthog is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 01:16 AM   #8
Fenix16

Don't know if this makes a difference to you, but its a lot easier to make money off of a computer than it is off of a go-kart.
Fenix16 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 03:47 AM   #9
Falkun
Retired PR Developer

You need to go with what will make yourself happy and not others.

Falkun is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 05:20 AM   #10
Harrod200

Step 1 of decision making; split the number of decisions/possibilities in to pairs.
Step 2; take out a coin
Step 3; flip the coin over and over, assigning each possibiliy heads or tails
Step 4; go with the winner

Personally I dunno which I'd do either.

The original gun freak gaymer geek

Harrod200 is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
decision