project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Off-Topic Forums > Off-Topic Discussion
20 Aug 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Off-Topic Discussion For all discussions not related to PR. No Spam.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-20-2007, 07:07 AM   #11
e-Gor
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Real life > the internet. But maybe that's just me...
e-Gor is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 07:11 AM   #12
Outlawz7
Retired PR Developer

I skip hard decisions by making a third option.

In this case, the third option for you would be to go earn/get some money, so you can get your go-kart and PC at the same time.

Originally Posted by whatshisname55:
"Ah yes, that link to your hard drive is working perfectly."
Outlawz7 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 07:32 AM   #13
ryan d ale

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-PUB]A-10Warthog View Post
okay. im stuck and dont know what to do. i still havent built my computer yet. and as much as i need one, i really want to build a 125cc go kart (capable of speeds 120+mph) with a 5 speed tranny. but heres where i cant decide. i love love speed and anything to do with engines, and since i drive a truck i cant really race, and thats wat the kart would be for. but then my clans moving to cod4 so i want/need a new gaming rig for dx10 and whatnot (i couldent run cod4 with this prolly) and i cant get both (i think) because its my 2000USD and its either going all to one or the other. can i get some opinions on this to help me come to my decision?

I think you've got to look at the advantages and disadvantages. You have your two passions and you can currently do one of them so why not go with the Go- Kart?

You can meet new people, race and what's more it is a lot more constructive and better for your health than spending time infront of a P.C!

I know for one I would choose the Go-kart no matter how much I love P.R or would like to try COD4 or would like ot prepare for Arma2 and OFP2. I haven't in gamed in weeks and I'm sure I feel better for it but I would like to get in P.R for a few hours next week-end after downloading the new patch.

Don't be afraid to let 'the guys' down to do something REAL

it's like choosing between Airsoft or P.R! Easy decision...but we can't all afford airsoft lol

Project Reality's Official Self-Appointed Anti Tank Guru
Over four years and still not banned
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Obligatory Epic Forum Quote (QFT + LOL)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

ryan d ale is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 07:43 AM   #14
[R-MOD]Dunehunter
Forum Moderator
Supporting Member

Send a message via MSN to [R-MOD]Dunehunter

Do keep into account that you will have extra expenses with karting, like maintenance, a place to race, fuel, etc.

Don't buy something only to then find out that you can't afford to use it.
[R-MOD]Dunehunter is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 09:59 AM   #15
jackal22

go cart, speed rocks and is better then shooting some random person halfway across the globe with pixels.

jackal22 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 10:13 AM   #16
[R-DEV]Rudd
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

how about a go kart with mounted pc?

[R-DEV]Rudd is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 10:34 AM   #17
Arrow1992
Send a message via MSN to Arrow1992

I think I would go for the PC, for the same reason as Dunehunter
But if you still can't choose, flip a coin for it

Arrow1992 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 11:23 AM   #18
SethLive!
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-PUB]A-10Warthog View Post
i really want to build a 125cc go kart (capable of speeds 120+mph)
NO!
are you sure?
my 250cc sportbike (http://www.motorcycleconnect.com/Kaw...nja_250R_1.jpg) will only 110 mph with its 6 speed transmisson! it is a four stroke engine tho (yours is probably a two stroke) but it would destroy any go kart out there!

Someone please tell me that the above is irony.
Or I'll rip my own eyes out with a sardine.
-[R-Mod] Masaq
Last edited by SethLive!; 09-20-2007 at 11:29 AM..
Old 09-20-2007, 06:33 PM   #19
A-10Warthog
Supporting Member

Send a message via AIM to A-10Warthog Send a message via MSN to A-10Warthog Send a message via Skype™ to A-10Warthog

^^
yes. bikes are heavier, which is why they go slower. just think go karts are no more than 125lbs and the rider (me,150lbs) isn't alot of weight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-MOD]dunehunter View Post
Do keep into account that you will have extra expenses with karting, like maintenance, a place to race, fuel, etc.

Don't buy something only to then find out that you can't afford to use it.
thats not a huge prob. for me because i have neighbors that don't care, and if its street legal theres nothing they can do! maintenance, no big deal for me.

but on the + side if i get this job at target ($600-700USD a month) i can get both. but id get the kart first. i think. but right now i only have enough for 1 or the other.

A-10, EX PR Tester, Moderator, Public Relations.

from [R-DEV]CodeRedFox: "Fixing bugs creates more bugs"
A-10Warthog is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 06:50 PM   #20
SiN|ScarFace

Well it's about to be winter, you might live in the south where there really isnt winter. My friend has a 125cc shifter and another has an 80cc shifter. They are fun to ride (on a track, NOT THE STREET.) but unless you live near a track and plan to go frequently or race competitively it's not going to be worth the money. For a good kart it is expensive to buy or build. Race fuel is pricey, you will have to rebuild the top end frequently (which isn't that expensive), buy tires, race gear like helmet, suit, shoes, gloves (you don't have to but you should.) And then if you break it or crash (will happen, esp if you race it) fixing it gets pricey. It's not street legal either.

A computer would be cheaper by far and will get more use. /.02

SiN|ScarFace is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
decision