project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Off-Topic Forums > Off-Topic Discussion
21 Sep 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Off-Topic Discussion For all discussions not related to PR. No Spam.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-26-2007, 04:51 PM   #1
KingofCamelot
Retired PR Developer
Default Getting a Shock Collar for My Sister's Dog

I'm going to go get one today, and I'm really tempted to try it on myself first.

Bad idea?

Ruthless Executioner of 280 SpamBots

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Retired Lead Coder for Project Reality - 0.25 through 0.4
KingofCamelot is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 04:52 PM   #2
Zrix
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

When is it ever a good idea to electricute yourself?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Zrix is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 04:57 PM   #3
Lothrian

... or, you could try training it without resorting to the electric shock treatment ... like maybe sticking it in the microwave, dousing it in petrol ... all humane ways to train animals
Lothrian is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 05:06 PM   #4
KP
Retired Moderator

KP says: DOOOO EEEEEET!

More guns and bullets make bad guys go away faster,
which in turn makes everyone in the area safer.

-Paul Howe
KP is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 05:13 PM   #5
ArmedDrunk&Angry
Banned

Ummm
Look on the internet.
I have seen some vids of people trying the collar on themselves and while it doesn't look as painful as a Taser I'm not sure I would volunteer to get zapped.
On the other hand, it would give you a better understanding of what is happening to the dog.
I have been shocked countless times by 24v circuits on boilers and while it isn't pleasant it doesn't really hurt.
120v circuits, on the other hand, do leave a lasting impression and create a willingness to double check circuit breakers before doing any repairs.
ArmedDrunk&Angry is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 05:16 PM   #6
Desertfox

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]KingofCamelot
I'm going to go get one today, and I'm really tempted to try it on myself first.

Bad idea?

lol, I couldn't resist

Desertfox is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 05:22 PM   #7
bosco_
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

^
Sexy.

bosco_ is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 05:23 PM   #8
KingofCamelot
Retired PR Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lothrian
... or, you could try training it without resorting to the electric shock treatment ... like maybe sticking it in the microwave, dousing it in petrol ... all humane ways to train animals
Don't give me that crap. I have two dogs, both of which are well trained, and I wouldn't even dream of using this on them.

However, my sister's dog resists training, doesn't respond to verbal abuse and nose tapping, doesn't respond to spritzing water in the face, etc. This is a last resort thing because the dog barks so insanely much when you leave the house, even with two other dogs present, that the neighbors are getting pissed and getting the authorities involved.

@ADA, good point. I have been shocked by 120V before and ya, its not very fun. I'm just interested to see how much of a shock there is.

Ruthless Executioner of 280 SpamBots

Retired Lead Coder for Project Reality - 0.25 through 0.4
KingofCamelot is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 05:25 PM   #9
Randleman5102

lol nice pic Desert.

We tried putting one of those collars on my old dog (may he R.I.P.).

Lets just say it didnt work. He didnt even notice the damn thing was on. He just kept barking and runnin around and stuff, pretty amusing.

You Are Now Breathing Manually...
Randleman5102 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 05:26 PM   #10
Randleman5102

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]KingofCamelot
Don't give me that crap. I have two dogs, both of which are well trained, and I wouldn't even dream of using this on them.

However, my sister's dog resists training, doesn't respond to verbal abuse and nose tapping, doesn't respond to spritzing water in the face, etc. This is a last resort thing because the dog barks so insanely much when you leave the house, even with two other dogs present, that the neighbors are getting pissed and getting the authorities involved.

@ADA, good point. I have been shocked by 120V before and ya, its not very fun. I'm just interested to see how much of a shock there is.
Sounds like you too light on your punishment if the dog gets outta hand. If I told you what we had to do to my dog, you may get pissed. Nothing inhumane, just a little worse than nose tapping.

You Are Now Breathing Manually...
Randleman5102 is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
collar, dog, shock, sister