project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Off-Topic Forums > Off-Topic Discussion
20 Apr 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Off-Topic Discussion For all discussions not related to PR. No Spam.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-05-2007, 10:48 AM   #31
ArmedDrunk&Angry
Banned

That E mail is not about the Base or any other group of radical Muslims.
That e-mail is about you.
It's about the concept that what a tiny number of elite " journalists" think and feel does not represent the majority of people in this country.

General Joker.... I am not by any means an expert on economics but logic says that if a TV program is not watched by the people in a given area ( the market ) then the advertising that pays for that program will not be seen and the people will not purchase the products and the company that paid the advertising fees will not make a profit and thereby will not continue to pay for the advertising which will result in the cancellation of the show.
Imus in the morning being a prime example of that.
He broke no laws or regulations but his sponsors took their money elsewhere and he was fired.
Old 06-05-2007, 10:50 AM   #32
SiN|ScarFace

Thanks for sharing.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 06-05-2007, 11:04 AM   #33
::Major_Baker::

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmedDrunk&Angry
He broke no laws or regulations but his sponsors took their money elsewhere and he was fired.
b-cuz Racism doesn't sell very well anymore.

I don't care what you think of me. You seem like a smart guy with strong convictions, and defending third grade simplistic tripe doesn't help your cause.

The majority of americans are done with this 'with us or against us' BS, as you can see as their support for the President's war has waned. They are starting to understand that we need to protect our own instead of getting involved in hasty wars in religously volatile areas, unless they directly threaten us.

They are staring to understand that people generally defend their land first, and ask questions later.

People have learned alot over the last 5 years about what to believe and what not to. sadly, it will all be repeated in the future all over again by the next generation, with a large cost attached.
Old 06-05-2007, 11:18 AM   #34
BlackwaterEddie

"Are we fighting a war on terror or aren't we? Was it or was it not started by Islamic people who brought it to our shores on September 11, 2001 ?

Then explain the War on Iraq

Were people from all over the world, mostly Americans, not brutally murdered that day, in downtown Manhattan, across the Potomac from our nation's capitol and in a field in Pennsylvania? Did nearly
three thousand men, women and children die a horrible, burning or crushing death that day, or didn't they?

Werent over 100,000 houses and countless thousands incinerated after an Atomic Bomb was dropped on Hiroshima?

I'll start caring when Osama bin Laden turns himself in and repents for incinerating all those innocent people on 9/11.

Same can be said about the use of napalm and the raping of civilians in Vietnam, or the use of an Atomic Bomb on Hiroshima during World War Two, both caused more deaths then 9/11

I'll care about the Koran when the fanatics in the Middle East start caring about the Holy Bible, the mere possession of which is a crime in Saudi Arabia .

Thats what happens when Christians travel to the middle east and try to force their religion down peoples throats for centuries.

I'll care when these thugs tell the world they are sorry for hacking off Nick Berg's head while Berg screamed through his gurgling slashed throat.

Nick Berg, a Civilian in a war zone, what exactly was he expecting?

I'll care when the cowardly so-called "insurgents" in Iraq come out and fight like men instead of disrespecting their own religion by hiding in mosques.

Insurgents, you mean the people resorting to terrorism after their country was invaded for no reason?, if so then why should they come out and fight?, its your job to find them.

I'll care when the mindless zealots who blow themselves up in search of nirvana care about the innocent children within range of their suicide bombs.

And ill care about the Americans when they care about the children that have been killed through coalition forces shooting them, bombing their houses or acting on "Intelligence" wiping out whole neighbourhoods.

In the meantime, when I hear a story about a brave marine roughing up an Iraqi terrorist to obtain information, know this: I don't care.

An Iraqi Terrorist that America made?, and whats this, he did it to us so were going to do it to him?, grow up.

When I see a fuzzy photo of a pile of naked Iraqi prisoners who have been humiliated in what amounts to a college-hazing incident, rest assured: I don't care.

As i said before, he did it to us so were going to do it to him?, grow up.

When I see a wounded terrorist get shot in the head when he is told not to move because he might be booby-trapped, you can take it to the bank: I don't care.

What about the information the americans could have gathered through roughing him up?

When I hear that a prisoner, who was issued a Koran and a prayer mat, and fed "special" food that is paid for by my tax dollars, is complaining that his holy book is being "mishandled," you can absolutely believe in your heart of hearts: I don't care.

Ill come round and piss on your bible, see how you feel about that.

And oh, by the way, I've noticed that sometimes it's spelled "Koran" and other times "Quran." Well, Jimmy Crack Corn and --you guessed it -- I don't care ! ! ! ! !

If this is every Americans view, no wonder everybody hates them

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you:
1. Jesus Christ
2. The American G. I.

As someone who isnt Christian, i dont believe the first on the list counts.

To be honest, im sick of finding this stuff in my inbox, ive had countless amounts of this shit land in my inbox and its just annoying, war breaks out, americans die and all of a sudden, everyones an expert on world affairs, politics and the country thats been invaded, lets ask this woman if she can find Iraq or Afghanistan on a map.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 06-05-2007, 11:38 AM   #35
Doc

Quote:
Originally Posted by General_J0k3r
religion is crap. sorry, but religion proved veeery dangerous over the centuries. we need an atheist front
Atheists have killed more than any religious group.
In fact, atheists focused on killing religious groups.

Oh, and the "Under God" part of the Pledge was added in 1954.

And yes, I am Christian, but I am tolerant in other people's
beliefs. Even if they're pastafarian.

Old 06-05-2007, 11:52 AM   #36
[R-MOD]Mongolian_dude
Forum Moderator

This is indeed a significant Email posted up by AD&A.
However, its being plagued by constant religion debates, which is not allowed around these parts. Continuation to do so will result in a high level warn. Any complaints or further continuation will result in a short-mid term ban(2weeks).
If you find yourself involved with any race issues, you will be subjected to a high level warning imidately. Any members which have recently recieved warns over this topic still apply to the warn list stated above, and therefore tan iminent ban.

Relation of this topic to reilgion such as " It was only these Xtreemest from county X, from religion X " is acceptable.
"Religion X(or religion as a whole) is lame because of _ _ _" is not acceptable.

http://realitymod.com/forum/showthre...ry+forum+rules

please head this warning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc
Even if they're pastafarian.
And dont diss pastafarianism please. They have some very interesting proof about the direct correlation between the fall in pirates and the increase in climate change.

...mongol...

Military Lawyers engaged in fierce action

Old 06-05-2007, 01:03 PM   #37
ArmedDrunk&Angry
Banned

Again, many of you are missing the point of the e-mail.
It's not about the war per se but how the war is presented to the people.

Yeah, sure the average mainstream American knows jack sh t about the details of Islam and really there is no compelling reason for them to know about it.

This was a rant about how we are shown, by our own media, as the bad guys in any given situation.

I'm don't want to hear about Hiroshima because if you look into the subject the A bomb saved a whole lot of Japanese lives by ending the war without invading the mainland.
They were and probably still are a tough disciplined people who would have fought tooth and nail for every inch of ground. WWII was not concerned with collateral damage as the firebombing and carpet bombing of Japanese and German cities shows.

The people we and the UK and the other token allied forces are fighting in Iraq are terrorists, not a formal insurgency resisting occupation.
One of the pieces of evidence for that is that we don't get attacked as much as they kill their own civilians.
Killing civilians is a terrorist act.
But sometimes, no matter how understanding I try to be I get a little sick of the Blame America paradigm and the people that support it.
People that seem unable to acknowledge the good that America and it's armed forces have done for people all over the globe.

Yes, it has become quite clear to me that we an empire.
An empire like none that has ever existed before in that we do not occupy lands and exact revenge for resistance and extract valuable resources to pay for the act of conquering that land.

Can you find fault with America and Americans ?
Sure, but no less and certainly no more than you can with any other western power of any note.

Can anyone tell me about a nation that has or had even half the power of the US and behaved more gently and compassionately with that power ?

I doubt it.
Old 06-05-2007, 01:10 PM   #38
SiN|ScarFace

And you would know, that all the people who we fight in Iraq are all "Terrorists" and none are actually against us being there and they all kill civilians. You know, like you have said, it's complex.

Old 06-05-2007, 01:10 PM   #39
BlackwaterEddie

The Mongols....oh wait......:P

Yes, it has become quite clear to me that we an empire.
An empire like none that has ever existed before in that we do not occupy lands and exact revenge for resistance and extract valuable resources to pay for the act of conquering that land.

Sorry Armed, but that is probably the most weak ass excuse i can think of. What youre basically saying is that someone else has done it, so why shouldnt we?, im sorry, but that mentality is meant to go away once you hit puberty.

Answer me this, what are the Americans and the coalition doing in Iraq?

Last edited by BlackwaterEddie; 06-05-2007 at 01:21 PM..
Old 06-05-2007, 01:43 PM   #40
ArmedDrunk&Angry
Banned

What the F are you talking about ?
My mentality has nothing to do with the reality of the world today.
Is that what you think happens ....you "mature" and grow above the hard facts of the real world ?
America is an empire, like it or not.
It's not an excuse.
and I am basically saying exactly what i am basically saying..... no cute code words.
We have interests all over the world and we deploy troops to defend those interests.
It's not a matter of right and wrong as if this were a schoolyard dispute.
Your inability to deal with facts doesn't reflect my maturity or lack thereof.
But i shouldn't respond to ad hominem attacks as it only encourages the behavior.

Of course not everyone is a terrorist or wasn't in 03 & 04 but now ?
and yeah there are civilians casualties but if the US forces had the same level of concern that the" insurgents" did.....what do you think the numbers would look like then ?
Closed Thread

Tags
email, karma, recieved, today