project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Off-Topic Forums > Off-Topic Discussion
24 Jul 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Off-Topic Discussion For all discussions not related to PR. No Spam.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-05-2007, 05:15 AM   #11
El_Vikingo

What's the point of wanting to die for a country?
I understand fighting for a country, but dieing?!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
If you are reading this dont stop, cause if you do, I'll kick you in the balls.
Old 06-05-2007, 06:06 AM   #12
NiGHTWoLF

Its seen as heroic, giving the greatest sacrifice you can give, to save your country.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
You're most probably a noob
Old 06-05-2007, 06:09 AM   #13
Viper5

I must say I agree with everything there.
Old 06-05-2007, 06:36 AM   #14
requiem
Project Founder
Supporting Member

Another "with us or against us" e-mail with what seems to generalize the muslim community, another great step ftw ! Sarcasm off

Old 06-05-2007, 07:07 AM   #15
Wasteland

Quote:
Originally Posted by requiem
Another "with us or against us" e-mail with what seems to generalize the muslim community, another great step ftw ! Sarcasm off
QFT.

Thanks for that Armed, I needed to get a little dumber before going off to work.

Originally Posted by: ArmedDrunk&Angry
we don't live in your fantastical world where you are the super hero sent to release us all from the bondage of ignorance
Originally Posted by: [R-MOD]dunehunter
don't mess with wasteland, a scary guy will drag you into an alleyway and rape you with a baseballbat
Old 06-05-2007, 08:11 AM   #16
ArmedDrunk&Angry
Banned

Sorry lady, but we're not one nation under god. We're one nation, and you may be under god, but I'm not. We're one nation under the constitution, which clearly separates the church and state. It's that kind of absolutist religious dogma that has brought us some of the repressive regimes and groups that we're currently fighting. Don't fall into that pattern; keep democracy democratic, not theocratic
The country was founded by people who believed in God but did not bow to any power.
Separation of church and state is often misunderstood.

Nightwolf......your locations is not listed but chances are a GI died to preserve your freedom sometime in the last 100 years.
God is in the eye of the beholder and I have pity on you if you are an atheist.

El Vikingo ....I quote Gen Patton "Now I want you to remember that no bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his

Requiem...at risk of offending my secular god ... yeah it does generalize somewhat but there has been a new wave of Blame America and it's karma that my non political gf sent me this the day i wrote pages in defense of my country

Wasteland .....A little dumber ? you can't substitute God for something you do believe in ?

This is the silent majority, the ones that aren't interviewed on CNN but they are the mothers of the soldiers fighting now.

I know it's tough for all of you post modern, sophisticated educated people to swallow but large portions of the military do believe in God.

What is even harder to swallow is that most of the planet believes in a God and if you turned this around almost any Iraqi/Iranian/Palestinian would agree with it if it was written from their perspective.

I have mentioned before I am not a Christian but I do love my country and I am proud of the job our military is doing over there.
I thank all the soldiers from other nations that are serving over there as well but I give more credit to volunteer forces than I do to conscripts.

The reason Al Queda and others exist is not because Halliburton got no-bid contracts or because of "torture" in Gitmo.
It's because of the mindset that created the frat-like sex show in Abu Ghraib.
It's because our culture is weakening theirs and diluting their faith.
At first it because of Arab nationalism but that in itself comes from western values that place loyalty to state of loyalty to God.
Old 06-05-2007, 08:22 AM   #17
General_J0k3r
Send a message via ICQ to General_J0k3r

religion is crap. sorry, but religion proved veeery dangerous over the centuries. we need an atheist front
Old 06-05-2007, 08:56 AM   #18
Guerra norte

True, religion is dangerous, but that's because it can be manipulated so easily, not because it's a bad thing....

Also, this is a self fulfilling prophecy, keep alienating Muslims and one day it will be "us" against "them"

I'll start caring about what Americans has to say when you stop telling me what to think.
Now FFS stop shoving all your useless propaganda crap down my throat through every possible media channels you can reach.
I live in Europe and over 90% of programs on television are imported from the US.. what the fuck?!
It's disgusting, I don't watch TV anymore and I certainly don't give a crap about what you want me to think thank you very much.
Old 06-05-2007, 09:02 AM   #19
ArmedDrunk&Angry
Banned

keep alienating Muslims
I try to learn as much as I can about the religion and political-social motivations behind current movements but what about alienating Christians....that is OK ?

I can understand you not wanting to see US programs in your country but isn't that a matter for the free market ?
If people in your country didn't watch the programs then advertisers wouldn't pay for them.

useless propaganda

It's also possible that Americans are tired of listening to how "enlightened" and "benevolent" the EU is when we see that you behave in much the same manner that we do. No surprise there as our population contains elements from your society and it is more often the pot calling the kettle black.
Old 06-05-2007, 09:11 AM   #20
El_Vikingo

I still like Paris Hilton going to jail though, funny!

If you are reading this dont stop, cause if you do, I'll kick you in the balls.
Closed Thread

Tags
email, karma, recieved, today