project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Off-Topic Forums > Off-Topic Discussion
19 Nov 2017, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Off-Topic Discussion For all discussions not related to PR. No Spam.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-03-2007, 09:31 AM   #1
Lothrian
Default Calling all socially stunted ...

I thought I may tell thee, since there is a MySpace PR group, some jolly chappy has created a Project Reality group of Facebook. Ok fairly pointless since we have here, but its a public display of pride for PR! Anyway, if your like me, and are sad enough to have a Facebook, search for Project Reality and join.
Lothrian is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 10:51 AM   #2
bosco_
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

I would join the Facebook one, but MySpace?
Do we look like f***ing emos?

bosco_ is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 11:00 AM   #3
Lothrian

I was only pointing out there was a Myspace as well ... which I also have ... I go to uni, I need something to amuse my days!
Lothrian is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 11:11 AM   #4
eddie
The [R-MOD]s' Poodle

Myspace is too emo for me. For me!

eddie is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 11:26 AM   #5
RikiRude
Retired PR Developer

Send a message via AIM to RikiRude Send a message via MSN to RikiRude

**This turned into an accidental thread hijack feel free to skip this post**

Why does having a myspace make you "emo" since I actually know what emo is, I can say I honestly don't get the ignorant to sub culture meaning of it.

I mean just a few years ago emo kids were getting the title of "punk" which they obviously weren't. Or when people call punks goths, or skateboard kids goth.

Even though there is no deepness to it, there's a difference between a jock and a prep huh?

*Glossary*
Emo - poppy type of music with whiny lyrics about girls, examples death cab for cutie, bright eyes, dashboard confessional

Hipster - kids that take bits of fashion and music from cooler sub cultures and don't know shit about it so they constantly get it wrong, hipsters are never in bands (and if they are it's something "experimental") you can spot a hipster from a mile away because of their ridiculously tight jeans and big puffy brightly colored shoes. They stole the big puffy shoe thing from wanna be skate kids, tight jeans from the punk/metal/mod kids, stole their haircuts from the hesh kids, and stole their beards from nu-metal kids.

Punks - In short, Johnny Rotten, Clash, Ramones, but can much more shallow and also insanely deeper then that. But you typically see high school mall punks with their mohawks and casualties t-shirts.

Goth - Goths are in two catagories, the good and the bad ones. Either way they usually wear all black. The bad ones listen to crap music, and to be honest I can't really think of any band names off the top of my head. The good ones listen to good music like Siouxe and the Banshees, the Bauhaus and aren't total douchebags.

And in case you're wondering I'm probably thrown into the mod/rock and roller category, but there's so little of us no one bothers hehe.

Proud n00b tub3r of 5 spam bots!
Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-CON]2Slick4U
That's like being the smartest kid with down syndrome.
RikiRude is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 11:29 AM   #6
eddie
The [R-MOD]s' Poodle

You shut your mouth.

Old 05-03-2007, 11:36 AM   #7
RikiRude
Retired PR Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie
You shut your mouth.
Seriously there is nothing worse then being in high school with a 8 inch green mohawk harassing the real emo kids then having some prep asking you if you were going to Taking Back Sunday concert and when you say "No?" they are totally baffled that you don't listen to that kind of music.

Seriously do Ramones and Taking Back Sunday sound anything alike?

It would be like being black and having someone ask you if you are going to the clans meeting!

Quote:
Old 05-03-2007, 11:40 AM   #8
eddie
The [R-MOD]s' Poodle

Taking Back Sunday suck dick though..... I know what you mean though. I'm not one of those hardcore emo's either that slits their wrists or says love is like a rose; eventually it will die.

Harassing emo kids you say? Bring it.

Old 05-03-2007, 11:43 AM   #9
RikiRude
Retired PR Developer

Yeah they do. Well, let's give this thread back to Loth.

I'm too cool for a facebook, I only got a myspace

Funny thing about the PR myspace is there were actually one or two other ones, but I think some douche started the profile, then just forgot about it. No one forgets PR!

Quote:
Old 05-03-2007, 11:49 AM   #10
hoc_xfirestormx

i have myspace. i used to book bands, so i would contact them with myspace. i dont really do it anymore, but i still have the myspace... i dunno. sometimes it comes in handy when i want to make fun of people?
hoc_xfirestormx is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
calling, socially, stunted