project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Off-Topic Forums > Off-Topic Discussion
17 Mar 2018, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Off-Topic Discussion For all discussions not related to PR. No Spam.

View Poll Results: Do you do what's best for your squad or your commander?
Squad 45 52.33%
Commander 7 8.14%
Team 34 39.53%
Voters: 86. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-08-2010, 12:53 PM   #21

Default Re: Commander, Team, or Squad?

Nothing new in this poll, sadly.

The only function in this game, including all the developer functions, that can evolve the game it self, is the CO function.

In regard to the question, its a bit of a trick question to me at least, cause there is no indication whether the CO is skillful or not.

If the case is that the CO function, is played by a ten year old, completely new player to the game, and the squad leader, is played by a 45 year old, real life SL war-veteran, then even I would consider to go for following the SL.

But per principle i will go for the CO. Cause as already said, it is the only game function that can evolve this game. Reason comes from culture, don't worry, wont go into the depth of it here with a long and maybe too abstract explanation?

Since the CO function actually is as important as it is, it is also necessary that the players out there, who actually try out the function, gets as much support as possible, so they can learn and skill-up, faster.

Define irony. A bunch of guys playing PR year after year. A game teaching initiative as the prime mover.
However, in regard to EA, these guys never took the initiative.
We who play these kinds of games are the first generation of war robot pilots.Today we pilot a camera in 3D heaven,Tomorrow...
Old 04-08-2010, 12:58 PM   #22
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Originally Posted by gazzthompson View Post
oh dear lol :P though it wasn't me who voted to bring it back

Old 04-08-2010, 01:11 PM   #23

Squad first, then team and then commander.

Old 04-08-2010, 01:15 PM   #24

Virtually always the team. If an objective is undefended my squad will go there. If an obective is too heavily defended my squad will attack. I concentrate my squad's role on what the team needs at that particular point in time, often my squad will do a boring but necessary job because to out it bluntly; it is the only way shit will get done.

On occasion I'll break from this if the commander is good enough or my squad will suffer heavily if we don't save ourselves (assets) in the heat of battle.

This is an excellent example:
Three days ago I was on qwai river, my squad moved at the start to take and hold the estate. We built ourselves a bloody fortress over the next 15 minutes. Over the round we got attacked 3 times, twice by humvees which were annhilated almost immediately and once by a stryker which took a few minutes to get. This combat was in 2 hours 10 minutes of defending with all the combat happening in the last 1/3rd of the round.

If we didn't hold estate, two men would have easily gotten inside and capped. We never knew when the enemy would attack or even if they would attack but one thing is clear: we would have lost if we didn't hold.
Old 04-08-2010, 02:42 PM   #25
Supporting Member

whos necro happy today? *giggles*

Old 04-08-2010, 03:27 PM   #26
Retired PR Developer

holy necro batman, that must be one of the most extreme necroes in pr history, damn

[R-DEV]OkitaMakoto: "Talking squad level tactics in bed is actually a little known aphrodisiac"
[R-CON]Pantera : "maybe you might learn that we are not super intelligent beings chained in UKF's basement being forced to work on this".
Old 04-08-2010, 10:47 PM   #27

Go for the team. Unless the Commander is telling you STRICTLY otherwise, then go for him.
Old 04-10-2010, 10:31 AM   #28
Supporting Member

When I squadlead and we have a CO I do what the CO says, unless its suicidal, but I try to use the radio a lot, so if there is an apc pinning us down he sees it on the map.
Old 04-10-2010, 07:29 PM   #29

always squad

Proud Member of [PR-HK]

thanks rampo93
Old 04-11-2010, 12:03 AM   #30

team, squad, commander.
team=mission accomplishment
squad=troop welfare
commander=pat on the back

edit: but commanders orders are what is done, no arguing there.
Closed Thread

commander, squad, team