project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Off-Topic Forums > Off-Topic Discussion
17 Oct 2017, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Off-Topic Discussion For all discussions not related to PR. No Spam.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-18-2017, 06:59 PM   #1
gion
Hell Let Loose Developer
Default Hell Let Loose

Hi all,

Long time PR player here. For the last 2-3 years I've been working on a title with some friends called Hell Let Loose and I thought some of the folks here may be interested.

It's a standalone WW2 title that mixes elements of PR, Red Orchestra and wraps it up in a Company of Heroes meta.

It's less about mimicking one title, and more about me trying to build a multi-faceted meta-game that I feel will provide a totally new experience of WW2.

You can read more about us at our website here.
We tend to recommend subscribing to the website, as it's the place where all the news will be distributed first. We also have a Facebook, Twitter and Youtube (where we'll be beginning to post our video content).

If anyone has any questions, don't hesitate to ask and I'll answer what I can.

Here are some in-game images from our presskit. We're going to be releasing a lot of video content in the coming weeks.

Thanks for reading!
gion is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 07:11 PM   #2
SLAMMED
Default Re: Hell Let Loose

Awesome I Can't wait for the release of the alpha testing excited been following ya'll. So far everything that has been released looks amazing keep it up !!
SLAMMED is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 07:43 PM   #3
mectus11

A lot of the stuff you're talking about in your website sounds great and ambitious, maybe a little too ambitious?

What worries me is that you're aiming for an early 2018 release with an october 2017 early access thing? I assume you have most of those systems in place?

What about the number of vehicles that are being shown? A lot of vehicle categories.

I'm really interested by this game, I didn't hear of it before, it seems like a big project and I wish you all the best with it.

As a consumer I'm worried on buying into this in october that this might end up into a lengthy early access game as seen before, how big is your team? and is the early 2018 release set in stone?

Thanks!

mectus11 is online now Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 08:06 PM   #4
gion
Hell Let Loose Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mectus11 View Post
A lot of the stuff you're talking about in your website sounds great and ambitious, maybe a little too ambitious?

What worries me is that you're aiming for an early 2018 release with an october 2017 early access thing? I assume you have most of those systems in place?
Hey! Yeah, we've actually only announced recently due to us feeling that we needed all the base systems in place before we felt comfortable giving timeframes for things. Much of the game is built, and we'll showcase this shortly once we're happy with the polish on several elements.

For us, it's very important to always show much less than what we've already done.

Quote:
What about the number of vehicles that are being shown? A lot of vehicle categories.
Yes, our plan when we launch is to begin with transport, support and armor, but the joy for us will be introducing more and more varieties as we progress. Similarly, different maps will require different vehicles (engineer variants to repair bridges etc).

Quote:

I'm really interested by this game, I didn't hear of it before, it seems like a big project and I wish you all the best with it.

As a consumer I'm worried on buying into this in october that this might end up into a lengthy early access game as seen before, how big is your team? and is the early 2018 release set in stone?

Thanks!
Our current build would be an Early Access title in terms of completion. Our key philosophy when it comes to the development of the title is that the fundamental features need to be present and polished for release. We want to widen the scope (maps, vehicles etc) on release, not introduce fundamental design features.

If you want to hear more about the title (and have the time to listen to a long interview!) we did an interview with Luetin that you can listen to here.
Old 06-18-2017, 10:28 PM   #5
FlyingR

Hey I have been following your game and already subscribe quite some time ago! It looks very very promising, and despite being ambitious like mectus stated, I have faith in it!

The video you guys will post soon, will it show gameplay or something else?
FlyingR is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 12:41 AM   #6
gion
Hell Let Loose Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingR View Post
Hey I have been following your game and already subscribe quite some time ago! It looks very very promising, and despite being ambitious like mectus stated, I have faith in it!

The video you guys will post soon, will it show gameplay or something else?
Thanks for supporting us!

We're going to launching our cinematic first - which is built from within the client itself. Then we'll follow that up with the Kickstarter launch video. That will contain gameplay and give people a sense of the handling/look/feel of the title. We don't expect people to buy into a vision they haven't seen!
Old 06-19-2017, 01:30 AM   #7
obpmgmua

Hi, a couple of questions.

1. Why WW2? Wouldn't a modern themed game be more popular?

2. What will be the scope of the game? Will it just the western front or will there be russian, pacific, african theaters too?

3. What's the gameplay going to be like? How will the gun mechanics be done? How many shots to kill? Will there be range based damage? Bullet drag and drop? Is there a Kit system? If so how extensive. Will I be able to customize my kit somewhat? Will you allow people to pick up other's kits? Will you require Squad leaders to make vehicle reservations?

Thank You.

If you want Spawnable RPGs and SVDs for Insurgent team

Sign Here ______________________
obpmgmua is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 02:54 AM   #8
gion
Hell Let Loose Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by obpmgmua View Post
Hi, a couple of questions.

1. Why WW2? Wouldn't a modern themed game be more popular?
Well, when we began development there had been a slew of modern warfare games in both the AAA market and realism market (COD, BF, ARMA, PR/SQUAD). I have a particular affinity to WW2 and have always felt that while many games existed, none had quite captured the feeling I had from playing PR - the patience mixed with the intensity of action. Even more so, none were anything close to popular or graphically modern.

In any case, we're not really making this to be popular. It's basically because we're a bunch of history nerds who are yet to play a game like ours.

Quote:
2. What will be the scope of the game? Will it just the western front or will there be russian, pacific, african theaters too?

3. What's the gameplay going to be like? How will the gun mechanics be done? How many shots to kill? Will there be range based damage? Bullet drag and drop? Is there a Kit system? If so how extensive. Will I be able to customize my kit somewhat? Will you allow people to pick up other's kits? Will you require Squad leaders to make vehicle reservations?

Thank You.
We're going to begin in Normandy with Overlord and then look to expand first to the Eastern Front and then to the Pacific Theatre. If you haven't already I really recommend checking out our website as we answer a whole range of questions (but I'm obviously happy to answer them here to!).

The gameplay will be like PR - the slow build and establishment before engagement. Due to our sector metagame, it will have key differences in the feel. There is much more deliberation in attacking or defending. Additionally, because it's a WW2 game, 98% of infantry will be engaging with ironsights, so the frontline combat is much more like Red Orchestra 2.

We're playing with ranged base damage. At the moment, a bullet will do the same significant damage to you at all ranges. Currently bullet drag and drop is in the game, but it's very hard for a player to notice this currently due to both lack of optics and relative ranges of engagement.

We have 13 roles available to players. We will seek to offer different aesthetic options for players. We are currently deciding whether these should be based on individuals, or platoons in a style similar to Verdun.

We will allow players to pick up any weapon they find in a style similar to Red Orchestra 2. It's a basic weight system with primary and secondary weapons. For instance, carrying an MG42 won't permit you to also carry an SMG etc.

No, vehicles won't be reserved. There is a designated vehicle Platoon type (the Armor Platoon) that is specifically designed to operate anything that is not a truck, jeep etc. We expect players to begin in Infantry Platoons before graduating to Armor. We are currently toying with the idea of a time played mechanic, wherein you can't join an Armor Platoon unless you've played several games.
Last edited by gion; 06-19-2017 at 03:05 AM..
Old 06-19-2017, 03:00 AM   #9
obpmgmua

Interesting. ETA when we can get our hands on it?

Also what are the roles?

If you want Spawnable RPGs and SVDs for Insurgent team

Sign Here ______________________
obpmgmua is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 03:09 AM   #10
gion
Hell Let Loose Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by obpmgmua View Post
Interesting. ETA when we can get our hands on it?

Also what are the roles?
We're aiming to run our Kickstarter in the next 4-5 weeks. Depending on which level you select as a backer (if we're lucky enough to be backed!) will allow access to the Alpha (October approx.), Beta (November approx) and the Early Access in Q1 of 2018.

The roles are:

LEADERSHIP
Commander

INFANTRY PLATOON
Officer
Rifleman
Assault
Medic
Support
MG
Anti-Tank
Engineer