project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Off-Topic Forums > Off-Topic Discussion
24 Jun 2017, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Off-Topic Discussion For all discussions not related to PR. No Spam.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-19-2017, 03:36 AM   #11
obpmgmua
Default Re: Hell Let Loose

I do think you will be backed because the project looks good. Just a small suggestion whatever you do dont make the minimum pledge too high. Squad did it and it may have detracted alot of 'driveby backers.' People who donate a dollar to things that look interesting. I'm not a fan of weight or point systems in game, they feel too sloppy for me. Have you experimented with a more call of duty or battlefield type system?

If you want Spawnable RPGs and SVDs for Insurgent team

Sign Here ______________________
obpmgmua is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 03:52 AM   #12
gion
Default Re: Hell Let Loose

Quote:
Originally Posted by obpmgmua View Post
I do think you will be backed because the project looks good. Just a small suggestion whatever you do dont make the minimum pledge too high. Squad did it and it may have detracted alot of 'driveby backers.' People who donate a dollar to things that look interesting. I'm not a fan of weight or point systems in game, they feel too sloppy for me. Have you experimented with a more call of duty or battlefield type system?
Yeah, our current pricing can be found in this email we sent out HERE.

I don't want to discourage drive-by purchases, and I feel that this is a relatively good price that allows us good room for sales.

Our weight system is going to be quite simple. It won't be a system of point counting. The basic idea is to stop players from hauling an obscene amount of gear. While CoD or BF are usually unhelpful comparisons, this would be the one place it makes sense.
gion is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 04:39 AM   #13
obpmgmua
Default Re: Hell Let Loose

25$ that cheap? This game has potential. Why not take your time, add in all relevant content and charge 50$? Make your game the definitive WW2 milsim FPS.

A driveby backer is someone who really has no interest in a project but is easily swayed by the marketing material and backs the project with a dollar or two. I learned that while I was working with an indie studio who even though had made loads of money off their products they used kickstarter and crowdfunding to mitigate their risk.

Like I said I dont like it, but from the leutin interview you sound a humble and honest guy.

If you want Spawnable RPGs and SVDs for Insurgent team

Sign Here ______________________
obpmgmua is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 05:09 AM   #14
[R-DEV]Rhino
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

[R-DEV]Rhino's Avatar
Default Re: Hell Let Loose

Looks cool, best of luck

[R-DEV]Rhino is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 05:20 AM   #15
[R-DEV]camo
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

[R-DEV]camo's Avatar
Default Re: Hell Let Loose

Sounds awesome, will gladly pledge to the kickstarter.

[R-DEV]camo is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 09:14 AM   #16
gion
Default Re: Hell Let Loose

Quote:
Originally Posted by obpmgmua View Post
25$ that cheap? This game has potential. Why not take your time, add in all relevant content and charge 50$? Make your game the definitive WW2 milsim FPS.

A driveby backer is someone who really has no interest in a project but is easily swayed by the marketing material and backs the project with a dollar or two. I learned that while I was working with an indie studio who even though had made loads of money off their products they used kickstarter and crowdfunding to mitigate their risk.

Like I said I dont like it, but from the leutin interview you sound a humble and honest guy.
Well, it's important to remember we're unproven at this point, in that we don't have a released title under our belts. We feel that our price is low enough that people will take a risk, but high enough that we'll be able to sustain development.

Obviously, as time progresses towards release we want our backers to feel really good about their investment.
gion is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 09:34 AM   #17
gion
Default Re: Hell Let Loose

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Rhino View Post
Looks cool, best of luck
Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]camo View Post
Sounds awesome, will gladly pledge to the kickstarter.
Thanks guys! Really appreciated.
gion is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 10:15 AM   #18
Frontliner
Default Re: Hell Let Loose

I'm curious as to what you mean with "wrapping it up in a Company of Heroes meta" as you're producing what I believe to be an FPS. Does it mean major gameplay implications or am I reading too much into it?

WeeD-KilleR: If ISIS comes to Germany I'm gonna grab an MP5 and dolphin-dive the shit outta them.
ArkUTD: Do note this issue was resolved by the admin team and mats, thus this was closed
Para: You sir are an arse and not what the game or our community needs.
AlonTavor: Why the hell is there always an Israeli on my team?
Easton: Fucking deutsch German Nazi cunts
Frontliner is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 05:26 PM   #19
mectus11

mectus11's Avatar
Default Re: Hell Let Loose

I think it ties in with how CoH does the resource capturing? So you capture resources to comission vehicles I assume.


mectus11 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 06:45 PM   #20
FlyingR
Default Re: Hell Let Loose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontliner View Post
I'm curious as to what you mean with "wrapping it up in a Company of Heroes meta" as you're producing what I believe to be an FPS. Does it mean major gameplay implications or am I reading too much into it?

From different parts of their website:

"A NEW METAGAME - Capture sectors and resources to beat your enemy into submission
MORE THAN THE TWITCH - Supply, capture and building systems ?"

"Players will organise and muster behind the front lines before carefully pushing forward into the French countryside towards the town. They will need to establish supply lines using logistics vehicles - enabling them to build Garrisons and other spawn locations in the field. "

"Armor and infantry must work together to smash through the front line and capture territory - pushing the enemy back and earning greater resources to sustain their fighting power. "

"Establish supply lines of trucks, transport vehicles and armored recovery vehicles. Supplies will allow your forces to construct minefields, defenses, and Garrisons. Failure to supply the front line will result in a devastating collapse"

If I'm not mistaken, you will most likely need to capture strategic sectors of the maps that give you resources in which you can spend on ammo, vehicles, weapons, etc. etc. just like in CoH. Basically what Mectus Said.

There's a lot of info in the website, like which theaters (Wester/Eastern Front and Pacific Front) and other cool stuff...
FlyingR is offline Reply With Quote
Reply


Tags
hell, loose
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:15 PM.


Powered by: vBulletin. ©vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1
All Content Copyright ©2004 - 2015, Project Reality.