project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Off-Topic Forums > Off-Topic Discussion
17 Dec 2017, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Off-Topic Discussion For all discussions not related to PR. No Spam.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-06-2017, 05:00 AM   #2941
Cossack
Supporting Member

Send a message via Skype™ to Cossack
Default Re: Squad: A commercial game made by developers of and inspired by PR:BF2

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshine2241991 View Post
really ? i asking this in PR for like 6 years .
imo this is the best things that little zoom in iron sight .
its like digital focus witch you can do in real life .

i find my self getting close to watch that pixels when i using iron sight .
and in squad i dont need to lean i just press SHIFT .hh
If you know how-to-PR, getting as close as you get to the enemy is the way to win, because all kids who think "scopes make one-shot kills" get rekt in CQB, because scopes turn on tunnel vision, they dont see anything on their sides.

Seems like you are one of those kids who gets rekt in CQB.

Cossack is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 05:04 AM   #2942
sweedensniiperr
Supporting Member

Default Re: Squad: A commercial game made by developers of and inspired by PR:BF2

I think he means that he wants the zoom in like squad has(but will be removed) on ironsights.

sweedensniiperr is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 05:25 AM   #2943
KaB
Retired PR Developer

The artificial zoom is here to substract the distance between your eyes and your screen. The goal is more for giving a decent size to iron sights on the screen than for helping spotting long range targets with a CQB weapon. Although it's hard to improve the first one and avoid the latter at the same time obviously, that's also why the zoom remains very little.

PR is using double rendered layers with different fov setup. This means the Weapon in your hands has a lower fov than the rest of the world, and this helps your sight to have a decent size on your screen (this is also why the weapon doesn't clip through the environment). So PR obviously doesn't need that zoom.

Im not gonna get into details but we just can't use this seperate fov setup between 1P mesh and the world for Squad, otherwise our new shooting mechanic (recoil, sway, etc.) would get completely broken.

KaB is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 10:16 AM   #2944
sunshine2241991

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cossack View Post
If you know how-to-PR, getting as close as you get to the enemy is the way to win, because all kids who think "scopes make one-shot kills" get rekt in CQB, because scopes turn on tunnel vision, they dont see anything on their sides.

Seems like you are one of those kids who gets rekt in CQB.

i can totally rekt you 1 on 1 on nuketown .

i never had a problem with CQB .
my issue is when you have CQB weapon and you want to shoot someone who in middle to long range its impossible (for me ) because everything is soo tiny and pixelated .
while in army i could 360 no scope with my m16

-----------Ghost-------------

My sh1t Channel : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJy..._a12QV_qaarCcQ
My Sh1tty Mixtapes : https://soundcloud.com/ghostidd
sunshine2241991 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 03:27 PM   #2945
carmikaze
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshine2241991 View Post
i can totally rekt you 1 on 1 on nuketown .

i never had a problem with CQB .
my issue is when you have CQB weapon and you want to shoot someone who in middle to long range its impossible (for me ) because everything is soo tiny and pixelated .
while in army i could 360 no scope with my m16
So all the players should suffer because you can't afford a decent pc?
carmikaze is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 07:22 PM   #2946
inb4banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by carmikaze View Post
So all the players should suffer because you can't afford a decent pc?
I have a great PC and everything at distance looks like cancer because post processing is terrible and things literally start blending in (with AA) or don't render (no AA)...

inb4banned is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 08:30 AM   #2947
saXoni
Supporting Member

Turn off post processing and up the scaling. Reshade makes it look a bit smoother too with the correct settings.
saXoni is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 02:50 PM   #2948
Murphy

Saxoni hit the nail on the head, this is something that we realized from the get go. The AA results in smudged visuals but with scaling set to 125% or higher the issue is resolved without the need to even have high levels of AA at all.

Murphy is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 04:43 PM   #2949
DesmoLocke
Supporting Member

Send a message via AIM to DesmoLocke Send a message via Skype™ to DesmoLocke

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/207816444

The helicopter mod for Squad is good fun.

PR player since 0.5 (Feb 2007)
DesmoLocke is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 05:03 PM   #2950
inb4banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by saXoni View Post
Turn off post processing and up the scaling. Reshade makes it look a bit smoother too with the correct settings.
More input lag and worse performance shouldn't be the answer.
inb4banned is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
commercial, developers, folks, free, game, inspired, katarn loves crysis, machinima, made, minimuim, play, poxo is ghey, prbf2, requirments, run, specs, squad, squad > pr, supporting, video