project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Off-Topic Forums > Off-Topic Discussion
20 Oct 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Off-Topic Discussion For all discussions not related to PR. No Spam.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-27-2005, 12:16 PM   #1
waffenbaum

Send a message via MSN to waffenbaum
Default A humble idea (for a rainy day)

This isn't really about Project Reality, but it IS a suggestion, perhaps for in the future when somebody with too much time on their hands wants to take it up.

A total mod about the american civil war, on the BF2 engine. Anyone remember Blue VS Grey/North VS South? I mean, I've always been facinated by the american civil war, the totally wicked patriotism that it involved. And I'd love to one day see that in a multiplayer shooter, but even though quite a few modders have tried, (I remember two mods like this that never came out for BF42) So for now disregarding the fact that people are already working on the great reality mod, I really wanna know, how many like this idea, and how many would be interested in actually being a part of it if it one day came to pass?

Imagine the green hills of Gettysburg as both sides wait for the commander to yell charge, the tense feeling as you load your musket. You know you only have one shot, And if anything, you might be ripped apart by the cannons on both sides.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
waffenbaum is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2005, 12:31 PM   #2
Beckwith

Send a message via AIM to Beckwith Send a message via MSN to Beckwith Send a message via Yahoo to Beckwith

that be pretty cool

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Beckwith is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2005, 12:52 PM   #3
BrokenArrow
Retired PR Developer

it sounds pretty cool, unfortunately how many people do you think would line up like that to be cut down?

BrokenArrow is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2005, 01:00 PM   #4
waffenbaum

I know I would. of course, you have your sabre too, and once you fire that bullet you gotta eload or run in there slashing, maybe bayonetting. As long as both sides are fighting for the other sides flag, man, that'd be a hoot. (Also, with the new scaleable maps, you could have city combat if you were only 15 or so, instead of big old battles)

Old 06-27-2005, 01:14 PM   #5
Wolfmaster
Retired PR Developer

it's cool, but you'd have to play with people you know will obey the laws of history. the average john 'battlefield player' doe just charges in and doesn't want to stand in a line and get blown up.

"Arguing on the internet is like running in the Special Olympics... Even if you win, you're still retarded."
- self-deprecating humor ftw -

Wolfmaster is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2005, 01:24 PM   #6
waffenbaum

Well, you know it's a bad idea to charge, but I'm thinking that big pine forests and other interesting battlefields would be better than grand scale "line up and die" fights

Old 06-27-2005, 01:25 PM   #7
BrokenArrow
Retired PR Developer

yeah, i guess id try it, but it would have to be REALLY well done, seen as PR and FH2 have reserved spots on my hardrive already and ill be playing alot of those

BrokenArrow is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2005, 01:26 PM   #8
Wolfmaster
Retired PR Developer

if it's gonna be made it should be a civil war pr. accuracy->low. reloads->slow. etc. all players should play it how it was in those days to really get the feel.

"Arguing on the internet is like running in the Special Olympics... Even if you win, you're still retarded."
- self-deprecating humor ftw -

Wolfmaster is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2005, 02:13 PM   #9
waffenbaum

Well, after the initial charge, it would mosty be total confusion and death everwhere, but if the object was to controll the center battlefield flag, in order to unlock the other teams main flag for taking, that'd be fun. And of course the big old cannons shooting up stuff. And i think the bf2 engine would make very beautiful landscapes possible.

Old 06-27-2005, 02:56 PM   #10
keef_haggerd
Send a message via AIM to keef_haggerd Send a message via MSN to keef_haggerd

i dont know how interested id be in it, WWI is where the technology just gets too slow for me, but there was a revolutionary war mod for BFV called Insurrection 1776 which was pretty much what you civil war guys are looking for as far as technology and time period are concered. check it out, ill find a link for the website they had lots of awsome ideas.

well their website isnt working right now, but here is a wikipedia entry on it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Insurrection_1776

"This is my rifle, this is my gun. This is for fighting, this is for fun"
-Full Metal Jacket
keef_haggerd is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
day, humble, idea, rainy