project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Off-Topic Forums > Off-Topic Discussion
19 Apr 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Off-Topic Discussion For all discussions not related to PR. No Spam.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-17-2005, 03:09 AM   #1
keef_haggerd
Send a message via AIM to keef_haggerd Send a message via MSN to keef_haggerd
Default BF2 Sniping 101 (Warning 56k)

After TRYING to snipe realisticly in BF2 I decided to try some unconventional things, and some worked.

M-24
First off let me say this rifle is easier to use, and more accurate from my findings, and i like BF2s "special" model that comes with a clip, so you dont have ot reload bullets one by one =P
(which by the way i prefer loading 1 by 1, because i can always have a full 5 in my rifle)

1.Normally, you have to center the guys head in the sites... not true with this weapon, at least when the guys in prone.

Notice the guy behind the tree, he is moving INTO my sights, and his head will be SLIGHTY BELOW my cross hair, i got the first shot and hit.

He tried to make a run away, but it didnt work!

Now to show the accuracy compared to the SVD Ill show you this.

I had to get 130 Meters away from targets before i started consitantly connecting shots

I was EASILY connecting shots with the M-24 at 160 meters.

I was also hitting guys at pretty far distances, I'm not sure how far this is... maybe 200 meters? 180? But I killed that guy.

I'll admit, I didnt test the SVD as much as I tested the M-24, so if you find my words on here inaccurate feel free to flame them (but only if you have the proper backup )

Also, keep in mind this is what worked best with me, give it a shot (literally) and give me feed back if it works for you. There is just something about aiming slightly above their heads that works perfect, 1-2 shots seems to always kill them, more so 2 shots.

I hope this helps some people at sniping!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"This is my rifle, this is my gun. This is for fighting, this is for fun"
-Full Metal Jacket
keef_haggerd is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2005, 06:20 AM   #2
Wolfmaster
Retired PR Developer

well well, you seem to have done your research... i myself wouldn't even find the will to test it so i'm grateful for anything like this. i'll try those ideas myself when i get the chance. and i feel not only the m24 is better than the MEC counterpart. many of the us weapons seem to always beat the mec ones.

"Arguing on the internet is like running in the Special Olympics... Even if you win, you're still retarded."
- self-deprecating humor ftw -

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Wolfmaster is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2005, 06:36 AM   #3
GABBA

Send a message via MSN to GABBA

I have too try use more unconventional method's in the future....

"Incoming fire has the rigth of way"...........

"never share a foxhole with anyone braver than you are"
GABBA is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2005, 02:00 PM   #4
keef_haggerd

well i had the time to test it because ive been sniper class alot, ive proved to be a pretty fromadable sniper (not as much as iron side, id love to see him comment on this thread) in other games and wanted to be better then decent on BF2.

Ir0nside, I want to hear your opinion on what I posted, and maybe you can give your advice on leading targets.

Today I'm going to put effort into leading running and sprinting targets. And I'll give you guys the info i find.

-Full Metal Jacket
Old 06-20-2005, 06:36 PM   #5
requiem
Project Founder
Supporting Member

You need a little more distance there

requiem is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2005, 10:28 PM   #6
keef_haggerd

i dont know why, i make MUCH better shots with hte M-24 then i do with the .50 cal, i dont know why. also at far distances i have the hardest time hitting people. period. i put the crosshair RIGHT over their chest.... nothing...a little high... nothing..... a little low?.... nothing, ill get a hit ratio of 1/7 hitting.

Please when this mod is released, explain to us the bullet physics you guys use and bullet drop.

im sure if i knew every X amount of meters i should aim X amount to the left/right/top/bottom of my scope i would be fine. but i dont know HOW to figure it out! When i aim at the water to see where i hit... it seems to hit what im aiming at... but when im aiming at a person... nothing.

im shooting from the top of the crane fyi.

-Full Metal Jacket
Old 06-21-2005, 12:19 PM   #7
BrokenArrow
Retired PR Developer

i have the same problem, i go between amazing shots and shots that make me doubt there is a hitbox in the character's head.

BrokenArrow is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2005, 01:20 PM   #8
requiem
Project Founder
Supporting Member

Long shots

find target...

kill.

requiem is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2005, 01:50 PM   #9
Dre
Retired PR Developer
Send a message via AIM to Dre

Hack... hack... hack.

Dre is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2005, 02:15 PM   #10
BrokenArrow
Retired PR Developer

haha i cant even see the guy

BrokenArrow is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
101, 56k, bf2, sniping, warning