project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Off-Topic Forums > Off-Topic Discussion
24 Feb 2018, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Off-Topic Discussion For all discussions not related to PR. No Spam.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-09-2012, 10:41 AM   #1
Pvt.LHeureux
-

Default Alien contact scenario

Imagine guys if tomorrow an alien ship lands (like a fucking huge one) in england or any english speaking country on Earth and then unloads people to make contact with us.

They don't look too alien, they look a bit like us, you know, Ape-like humanoids but have clearly different traits like higher noses or wider mouths, etc. So they land and ask in english to have diplomats sent to them.

They unload materials, smaller ships, vehicles and military like assets and personnal, their stuff doesn't look "SUPER ENERGY BEAMS AND SHIT" but more like our stuff, imagine this :

The main transport ship would look like this :

So yeah they don't look too aliens/energy/plasma, more like what we would look like with spaceships, etc.

We make contact with them and they inform us that they totally didn't know about our existence and apology. They explain to us that a huge interstellar COALITION/UNION is going on, like 20 - 30 solar systems huge. They explain that we are in the middle of it but didn't see us on their systems because it was clouded by gas clouds. A scout ship discovered us and sent the info back, they then sent "recons" to learn the main spoken language across the globe: english.

They tell us that they're not hostile but are baffled by our primitive technology. They want us to be a part of this COALITION/UNION because we still have manpower at least, they are expanding and are looking for any other planets to join them and do not open fire on civilisations without being engaged first. They're looking for ressources, manpower, water, food, traders, people that want to learn their stuff/languages, etc. All good stuff.

They're not assholes and do not discriminate us for being so badly developped, it's not the first alien civilisation they come across. They're really open to new members and they're cool guys.

They have warp speed technologies (waaaay faster than light), stargates and that kind of stuff. A bit like EVE Online.

So here we are, all our different countries, religions, cultures, etc, faced with an alien COALITION/UNION that wants us to join them.

Your favorite football team becomes fucking insignificant in 1 day , or all our current conflicts and news.

So if this happens, what would you like to do in the new awesome interstellar COALITION/UNION? Trading? Traduction? Join the military? Construction? Science? More basic jobs?

Imagine the awesomeness

This is how I would imagine their cities to be like :

This thread makes me want to write short stories about that

What's your take on this guys?

EDIT :

Ok guys, this thread inspired me to start writing small stories with this scenario in mind.
I don't care that much about proper formulating like in a book, but if you can correct me on it, that would be cool, thanks!

As long as you can understand. Enjoy!

- Damn this feeling never gets old... says Boris.
- I know right? I like it aswell, replies Sicario.

The two men exit a room and start walking along the steel corridors of Sector C while having their conversation.

- Let me reformulate : This fucking feeling is still annoying.
- Really? Wait, does it annoy you because it's from their machine or it's because you really don't like the feeling itself? Because I haven't find anyone else disliking the feeling THAT much.
- I just don't like this feeling. I don't think I would complain to them so that they might change their teleport technology.
- Right... I don't think they opened a department of complaints for our languages yet anyway.
Sicario continues :
- Speaking of languages, we still need a translator at the ship hangar in Sector D. We had an incident yesterday in which a XM603 trade ship destroyed a platform because the crew didn't understand the marshall on how to position the ship for the tractor beams to take effect.
- Any casualties?
- Just some pissed off crews and laughing Union members.
- Good to know, they can laugh.
- Oh please! We already talked about that, they're not that different from us, I saw some nice females already.
- I think there's enough human females, I don't need any alien ones.
- There you go, calling them "aliens" again, said Sicario with rolling eyes.
- But it's true they ARE aliens. They don't even know what it means, unless the alien's a translator or something.
- It just sounds derogatory, as are the words 'nigger', 'cracker' and the rest.
- What should I call them then?
- I don't know, Union members, like I use?
- Humans are Union members aswell now.
- Just use 'Union member', people will know what you mean.

The two men stop infront of a white plastic-looking door. Above the door you can read C1138.

- Alright I'll leave you here, says Boris. I'll try to get you a translator too for the hangar.
- Thanks, I'm going to the bar, do you want me to get something for you?
- Yeah, get me any kind of alien booze, this is something that I like about them at least!
- Okay, I'll see you later.

---Sicario heads off towards Sector A where most of the entertainment buildings and places are located. He went to see a movie once, but even if he understood the language he did not understand what was happening, the cultures are too different from planets to planets...
---After plowing his way through crowds of people of mixed races he made it to the bar. The bar was named Reality's Place, it was recognised as the best bar in the station and the most open minded one to new persons of any backgrounds.
---He enters the building and head for the bar where the bartender he quite knows already, a human called Alex Sweden, is talking to some Union ladies. Loud music is playing and it's hard to communicate.

- Hey Alex!
---The loud music covers Sicario's voice to the called man.
- Alex! Screams Sicario, louder this time.
---The bartender take a look to his left, noticing him. He turns back to the ladies and make them sign he'll be back shortly then walks to the other end of the bar while wiping it.
- Hey, Sickareyou! Replies the bartender along with a small wink.
- Oh no.. Sicario puts his hands on his forehead and drags them down his face.
- Oh yes!
- He came in here?
- He comes here often.
- Well, when he's in don't expect me to be there at the same time, I hate this guy's guts.
- I don't understand why you hate Natty this much, care to explain?
- Well, first, the way you called me... then there is the sarcastic tone he always uses when we disagree on things. Ah yeah! his stupid sunglasses too.
- Anyway, what do I serve you?
- Just some vodka, on the rocks please. Also I want to know something.
- Wait a second, Alex grabs the ladies' attention and shakes his head while waving them away. Then turns back to Sicario :
- What do you want to know?
- How did you end up here? Your first thought was to be a bartender in an alien space station?
- Alien booze and drugs man!

Tell me if you like it and want me to continue. I like to use forumers' names so that you guys can attach yourself to some characters and their stories. Also Sicario will see that I relate to other stuff too

Chuva_RD : You want to remove bugged thing but dont tell how to fill formed void.
Last edited by Pvt.LHeureux; 11-11-2012 at 04:17 PM..
Old 11-09-2012, 10:57 AM   #2
[R-MOD]Saobh
Forum Moderator

Default Re: Alien contact scenario

In all honesty I would believe there would be a greater chance that earth would be destroyed to make a hyperspace bypass then having some "we cool bro" aliens coming in and not pressure us (to say it politely) to join their side of the war

But hey go crazy imagining stories, situation and the likes !using your creative muscle is always good.

The only acceptable 'Lone Wolf' you'll be allowed to play : http://www.projectaon.org/en/Main/Home

[R-MOD]Saobh is offline Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 10:59 AM   #3
WelshManDan
Supporting Member

WelshManDan is offline Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 11:07 AM   #4
Pvt.LHeureux
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-MOD]Saobh View Post
In all honesty I would believe there would be a greater chance that earth would be destroyed to make a hyperspace bypass then having some "we cool bro" aliens coming in and not pressure us (to say it politely) to join their side of the war
Yeah that would be likely but there would be no story

Chuva_RD : You want to remove bugged thing but dont tell how to fill formed void.
Pvt.LHeureux is offline Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 11:08 AM   #5
Pvt.LHeureux
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by WelshManDan View Post
The aliens offer free tanning and have gyms, you're in?

Pvt.LHeureux is offline Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 11:20 AM   #6
77SiCaRiO77
Retired PR Developer

Natural resources? no thanks, I dont want my planet to be turn into a steryl rock to fuel a war that has nothing to do with us.
77SiCaRiO77 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 11:24 AM   #7
[R-DEV]Nosferatu
PR:BF2 Developer

Send a message via ICQ to [R-DEV]Nosferatu

OK, here's my take.

As a civilized species, first thing they would do is declare our planet the property of their sovereign, by the will of their God.

Second, they would introduce local savages (us) to their culture, adopted version of it, invented for underdeveloped sentient species. They would build missions to teach us their beliefs and to erase our silly prejudices we dare to call "religion", they would introduce us to their booze and drugs, they would give their weapons to selected warlords, to make us dependent from our new masters.

They came from the stars!

Third, they will buy our resources and territories in exchange for their gadgets and most primitive of their technologies. And, when they will be tired of idea of trading and our savage crap, they will take everything else with force.

Maybe, down the road, they will even invent religion that says their ancestors lived on our planet and were expelled by local savages, so returning and taking back this promised land was granted by their God.

And, as the time will pass by, humanity will be nothing but gimmick. Aliens will make us mascots of their sports team or gunships or something like that.

Because that is what all cool alien beings do, right?

"In addition to his other Asiatic characteristics, the Russian have no regard for human life and is an all out son of bitch, barbarian, and chronic drunk" - General Patton : A Soldier's Life

If violence isn't the answer, then you obviously need more violence.
[R-DEV]Nosferatu is offline Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 11:29 AM   #8
WelshManDan
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pvt.LHeureux View Post
The aliens offer free tanning and have gyms, you're in?
No, I don't believe in peaceful negotiations with inhuman beings, no matter how much they resemble us.

Don't know if you noticed, but throughout history "empires" have been built on bloodshed and warfare (as well as trading and colonialism). If one superior race comes into contact with a lesser being, measures are put into place which enable the superior force to remain superior.

If this alien race have an "interstellar empire", then they are likely wanting to permanently expand their empires border, meaning earth is the next step on their conquests.

Now, unless the aliens are entirely peaceful (doubtful considering they have an empire) then it's likely we will be handed an ultimatum, where we either assimilate into their empire to abide by their rules and be called into war at any given time (likely against other factions much further advanced than ourselves) or go to war with them. Now in yhe case we assimilated and were called into warfare between this empire and another alien one, Earth would be seen upon as a mere city in a war like that, with its people expendable and it's true value not really cared about by these 2 warring empires (or more). We may end up as the neccessary casualty for one nation to force the other into submission (think Hiroshima, but by Death Star).

So, assuming we say no to their demands, we go to war with a country that has an "interstellar empire", which could likely utterly wipe out the human race in a matter of weeks (think Germany > Poland WWII). We are fucked either way.

Also, if we did even say yes then terrorist organisations/rogue countries on earth would eventually cause warfare between us and the empire.

It's okay as long as we are the boot, but when you become the bug it's a whole different story.

See, I'm not just a pretty face.
WelshManDan is offline Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 12:02 PM   #9
Antol
Send a message via Skype™ to Antol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pvt.LHeureux View Post
love this picture, my new background
Antol is offline Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 12:16 PM   #10
sweedensniiperr
Supporting Member

you asked what i would be doing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Nosferatu View Post
alien booze and drugs
have you played too much mass effect l'heureux?

sweedensniiperr is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
alien, contact, scenario