project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Off-Topic Forums > Off-Topic Discussion
20 Dec 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Off-Topic Discussion For all discussions not related to PR. No Spam.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-19-2012, 02:23 AM   #1
GameDev
Cool A Project Reality Game "Concept"

Thoughts? what would you want in a PR Game?
Last edited by GameDev; 08-19-2012 at 02:12 PM..
Old 08-19-2012, 03:12 AM   #2
[R-DEV]Psyrus
PR:BF2 Developer
Default Re: A Project Reality Game!!

If you're serious and have skills/experience & a portfolio, I'd suggest you approach the devs about contributing towards PR2.

brenn4n [My Hero]: I'm not going to fix it for Europeans because you have enough servers and because there's people in Australia and Japan that have always suffered with pings at least 240ms. This is their only opportunity to play PR at a more comfortable latency since nobody has ever thought of having one in LA like we do.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

<3 FCV
Old 08-19-2012, 11:17 AM   #3
[R-COM]rushn
Support Technician
Supporting Member

I think you better contact the DEVs
Old 08-19-2012, 02:07 PM   #4
GameDev

i already have contacted the devs
Old 08-19-2012, 02:12 PM   #5
Tim270
Retired PR Developer

This looks like yet another post of 1 guy dreaming of grandeur and promising everything when he can deliver nothing.

Please prove me wrong and show us you have some skills

But on a serious note, sorry to burst your bubble, but why would we give you permission to make our game?
Old 08-19-2012, 03:03 PM   #6
GameDev

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Tim270 View Post
This looks like yet another post of 1 guy dreaming of grandeur and promising everything when he can deliver nothing.

Please prove me wrong and show us you have some skills

But on a serious note, sorry to burst your bubble, but why would we give you permission to make our game?
Why not? Its a community working towards a goal. With you guys so busy with your mods how could you make a game at the same time. I'm amazed you guys havent just made a game already. Why do you keep on "changing" games to make them better when you could just make a better game yourself. Plus with a Indie title their is no middle man. So if you wish you could charge $2.00 a game or a membership. Sure its not fun paying for stuff but it would give the dev team more resources to make the game better with more DLC. There is one game i would like to bring up its called WWII Online. with people paying a simple $12.00 a month they have made a ballistics models on all of their vehicle with projectile scripts and etc... Lets all be honest more money means more game, more of what the dev and the player wants. But that doesn't always happen reason? BUDGET. So why focus on mods all the time? make a god damn game. Thank you, and while im making my game i will be posting updates. Thank you
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old 08-19-2012, 03:32 PM   #7
[R-DEV]Rhino
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

- Moved to off topic, this doesn't belong in PR:BF2 Community modding, that implies that its a topic about modding PR:BF2, not making something irrelevant to it....

So, "GameDev", first of all couldn't you have picked a better username btw? No one is going to take you seriously with that...

Secondly, do you actually have any experience at all at even modding let alone game development? Not that I'm interested in your project in any way, I'm really not, just I want to see if you have anything to back this up with

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 08-19-2012, 04:04 PM   #8
killonsight95
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameDev View Post
Why not? Its a community working towards a goal. With you guys so busy with your mods how could you make a game at the same time. I'm amazed you guys havent just made a game already. Why do you keep on "changing" games to make them better when you could just make a better game yourself. Plus with a Indie title their is no middle man. So if you wish you could charge $2.00 a game or a membership. Sure its not fun paying for stuff but it would give the dev team more resources to make the game better with more DLC. There is one game i would like to bring up its called WWII Online. with people paying a simple $12.00 a month they have made a ballistics models on all of their vehicle with projectile scripts and etc... Lets all be honest more money means more game, more of what the dev and the player wants. But that doesn't always happen reason? BUDGET. So why focus on mods all the time? make a god damn game. Thank you, and while im making my game i will be posting updates. Thank you
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
While I'm not a DEV I can see multiple holes in your.... "theory"

Lets start with
Quote:
Why not? Its a community working towards a goal. With you guys so busy with your mods how could you make a game at the same time.
Well 1, you have not presented a portfolio of work, this is a must to even be considered a Dev for a mod from there you might become a Dev for the game. 2, They do this as a hobby, or at least most of them do, this is NOT their job so of course they won't have time to make both a game and mods. While tehere is a more dedicated team towards making the game, again it is their hobby and are not being paid to create the game.

Quote:
I'm amazed you guys havent just made a game already.
Well....you just said they can't make a game while making mods.....answered your own question really.

Quote:
Why do you keep on "changing" games to make them better when you could just make a better game yourself.
Clearly you aren't a real Dev of any sort, making a game and moddifying a game are completely different by the fact that the engines are most likely different, the models animations and everything has to be made from the ground up, plus making a game requires dedicated staff most of the PR team work on the mod on and off and that isn't a great way to create a game.

Quote:
Plus with a Indie title their is no middle man. So if you wish you could charge $2.00 a game or a membership.
Well done, I'm sure everyone worked this out already.

Quote:
Sure its not fun paying for stuff but it would give the dev team more resources to make the game better with more DLC.
I don't mind paying for something as long as the price is reasonable! and not completely sky high in terms of price in which case I wouldn't aquire said thing.

Quote:
There is one game i would like to bring up its called WWII Online. with people paying a simple $12.00 a month they have made a ballistics models on all of their vehicle with projectile scripts and etc...
I wouldn't pay that much monthly for a game..... ArmA 2 pretty much covers a lot of that, while it isn't a 100% simulation it's pretty good for the price it is and has no monthly fee.

Quote:
Lets all be honest more money means more game, more of what the dev and the player wants. But that doesn't always happen reason? BUDGET. So why focus on mods all the time? make a god damn game. Thank you, and while im making my game i will be posting updates. Thank you
Why are you talking about money so much..... seems such a weird thing to focus on....you aren't even trying to sell yourself here, budget affects many things within a game.
They focus on mods because they are easier to make than a game, also many of them are dedicated to the game and enjoy playing it so want to contribute to the developers so help make content.PS you won't get anywhere telling the Dev's what to do.
Your game..... I hope your not talking about a PR game because just saying, but PR is tradmarked and all content is copyrighted as far as i know.

As Rhino said, I'd like to see if you are in anyway a Dev of ANY sort.

Note: This post is NOT on behalf of the PR team, anything in this post could have mistakes or false information so do not use my post as a source. Thank you.

Old 08-19-2012, 05:06 PM   #9
[R-MOD]Saobh
Forum Moderator

Default Re: A Project Reality Game "Concept"

Thread closed as it serves no real purpose.

The only acceptable 'Lone Wolf' you'll be allowed to play :

Closed Thread

Tags
concept, game, project, reality