project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Off-Topic Forums > Off-Topic Discussion
26 Oct 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Off-Topic Discussion For all discussions not related to PR. No Spam.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-09-2012, 10:40 AM   #1
Panzerfire

Send a message via MSN to Panzerfire Send a message via Skype™ to Panzerfire
Default Red Dawn (2012 film)

YouTube Video

Red Dawn Movie News - Home
Red Dawn (2012 film) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Red Dawn tells the story of a bunch of teenagers forming up a guerrilla insurgency to fight an invading army of North Korean soldiers and their allies.

Some of the cast: Jeffrey Dean Morgan as Lt. Andrew Tanner, Will Yun Lee as Captain Lo, Chris Hemsworth as Jed Eckert, Josh Hutcherson as Robert, Isabel Lucas as Erica, Connor Cruise as Daryl Jenkins, Josh Peck as Matt Eckert, etc.

A remake of the 1984 Cold War classic, the movie was originally ment to go out in November 2010 but financial problems with MGM prevented the film from having it's post-production finished and released until 2011. After post-production was finished, the film re-entered it to be modified in order to change the villains from Chinese to North Koreans (By having the language of the antagonist switched from Chinese to Korean and editing digitally all the symbols that define their nationality). This change was ment to avoid MGM facing significant problems in promoting their films in the growing chinese market.

Two years after filming was finished, the film now gets a 21st November 2012 release date. Trailers are only now going to be shown as well as the posters.

My own opinion: I liked the original film. Not one of my faves but it was allright. The new film was screened a few times to the eyes of some film critics (Before and after the villan change) and a lot of the critics say it's a rather good film. Well I don't really take critics very seriously, after all they're failed film directors/producers so....

But still I guess it's a movie worth giving it a watch. I am 'though pretty annoyed that MGM decided to change the villains after the film was pretty much finished. All to just market their films in China. I smell some type of censorship here. Which considering the subject of the film, kind of makes the film loose a lot of credibility. Damn MGM producers and their complete lack of balls. Then again, I'm surprised they're still going to release the film. I was expecting them to throw the film into some warehouse and forget the film ever existed in the first place.

But north koreans? really? Well I guess their hands were very limited considering that the actors that have played the antagonists are asians. If they wanted to switch to Russians (Like in the original 1984 film) or any other non east Asian communist country, they would have needed to reshoot a good chunk of the film.

Oh well, I'm still looking forward to watch the film.

WOLVERINES!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

USMCMIDN: KILL EVERYTHING!
gx: KILL! KILL! KILL 'EM ALL!!
[R-DEV]Dunehunter: Great attitude for hearts and minds
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Last edited by Panzerfire; 08-10-2012 at 02:05 PM..
Old 08-09-2012, 11:06 AM   #2
Outlawz7
Retired PR Developer

Default Re: Red Dawn (2012 film)

wrt the video, someone please explain what 'legendado' means. Subtitles? Legendary?

Quote:
I am 'though pretty annoyed that MGM decided to change the villains after the film was pretty much finished. All to just market their films in China. I smell some type of censorship here.
Nah, profits.

Originally Posted by whatshisname55:
"Ah yes, that link to your hard drive is working perfectly."
Outlawz7 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 11:17 AM   #3
Stealthgato

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Outlawz7 View Post
wrt the video, someone please explain what 'legendado' means. Subtitles? Legendary?
Subtitled, yes.

Stealthgato is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 12:12 PM   #4
Zemciugas

North korea invades. lololololol. They can't even feed their own ppl, how are they gonna invade anyone lol.

Zemciugas is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 12:40 PM   #5
Spush
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

What's up with the pla cammies if they're north koreans.

Spush is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 12:54 PM   #6
SiN|ScarFace

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Spush View Post
What's up with the pla cammies if they're north koreans.
Easier to change a few flags than re-shoot with different wardrobe.

SiN|ScarFace is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 12:59 PM   #7
Qaiex

Homefront: The Movie
Watching the trailer I feel like I've seen this movie a thousand times already. I seriously doubt there will be any sort of poignant message to it, or even a plot that does more than simply provide justification for shooting a whole bunch of foreigners in the name of patriotism. Just a bunch of brosef macho men midlessly blowing things up and using weapons in an unrealistic fashion.

I don't see how it has any redeeming qualities, so I'm going to have to say no to this.
Qaiex is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 02:44 PM   #8
[R-MOD]Mongolian_dude
Forum Moderator

Im disappointed, as this looks more like macho hollywood BS, where all the guys are jocks and all the girls are babes without a hint of modesty or actual humour that extends beyond one-liners.
At least the expendables knew it was an action hero, final showdown, unlimited m60 belts, everything blows up, super soldier jerk-off. This, on the other hand, now looks like its going down that road with a face of unflinching seriousness, backwards collage football caps and bro-fisting all the way.

And seriously, they need to grow a pair about changing the PLA to the N.Koreans. If an army marches on its' stomach, N.Korean aint going nowhere. "North Korea uses Famine. But the attack missed!".
And doesnt this mean we will still see "Koreans" in PLA uniforms, using Chinese equipments, mouthing Mandarin, with Chinese ethnic features that define them from N.Koreans? It will be like a bad Kung-Fu dub! If I was Chinese or Korean, I'd actually be a little offended that hollywood implies we 'all look the same'. Im sure your average Chinese citizen would love to see the PLA ****ing imperialists' **** up! . Bet the Chinese government would just use the same footage and make a "China always wins" version anyway, so everyones happy.

Should have been the Mongols, is what im mad about.

...mongol...

Military Lawyers engaged in fierce action

[R-MOD]Mongolian_dude is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 05:00 PM   #9
sharpie
Supporting Member

Oh dear lawd.

It will prolly be a bad movie, but I bet it will profit, with a capital P. Nothing some people enjoy more then mindlessly blowing shit up with lots of guns and good looking women.

"Tom I think you have influenced the combat effectiveness of this team! Everyone has gone full potato."~Foxxyfrost
[DM]P*Funk: its like a funk guitar seminar up in that bitch
[R-DEV] K_Rivers-"...everything is broken in your country,"
sharpie is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 05:08 PM   #10
[R-COM]rushn
Support Technician
Supporting Member

when they said North Korea I almost died laughing

when clearly they are wearing Chinese camo

also North Korea and allies invade?

what other allies besides China does North Korea have?

also about the jock thing I think the main character has a tattoo on his arm USMC

or at least thats what I thought it looked like in the vid

I wonder how they are going to explain the invasion?

they flew from Mexico?

and Mongols would have been better instead of North Korea

at least they have a History of owning the most territory
[R-COM]rushn is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
2012, dawn, film, red