project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Off-Topic Forums > Off-Topic Discussion
29 Jul 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Off-Topic Discussion For all discussions not related to PR. No Spam.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-20-2012, 08:09 AM   #1
Qaiex

Default Infestation: Survivor Stories (aka "The War Z" - Zombie Survival "MMO")

Arktos Entertainment Group och Hammerpoint Interactive, two companies no one has ever heard of, are making a new MMO called The War Z.
It's basically like Day Z but an MMO.
Anyway, it's going to be a one time payment thing, so no monthly fee or anything, and you get to run around in a big world fighting zombies and stuff.

There will be a permanent death game mode.

It's going to have RPG elements and experience points, and they're planning on launching it this fall.
You can sign up for a chance at closed beta here: The War Z: The Survior MMO Zombie Game coming to you this fall!

Here's some pictures, hotlinked from Loading.se, because bandwidth stealing is cool.

Last edited by Qaiex; 07-23-2012 at 03:03 AM..
Old 07-20-2012, 08:30 AM   #2
Zeno

Send a message via MSN to Zeno Send a message via Skype™ to Zeno
Default Re: The War Z (Zombie Survival MMO)

looks great IMO

Even thou they directly copy the game from DayZ, i will most likely be better, considering they use another engine than the buggy/laggy arma2 engine

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

[R-DEV]Ninja2dan:
Not having a spotter is like masturbating with a cheese grater...mildly amusing at first, but generally painful and bloody in the end.
Zeno is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 09:16 AM   #3
Stealthgato

It's not a clone. They started developing this before DayZ came out. And let's be honest, DayZ most certainly did not invent the concept of open world zombie survival. And DayZ is about PvP deathmatch where zombies barely pose a threat...

Quote:
Sergey Titov: We started thinking about doing a zombie game last year and began developing a quest-based MMO set in a large, zombie infested world. Players would be able to explore and ?unlock? new areas on the map as they progress through quests assigned to them in-game. When DayZ was released to the public we were really excited to see another game that was akin to what we were working on ? we were like ?wow, that?s cool, we?re not the only ones making something like this." As we saw the popularity of DayZ grow, and how players and the community were reacting, we realized two things ? first, there was validation that our idea of making a zombie MMO was actually right and that there is a market/player base for it, and second, we decided to abandon the idea of unlocking parts of the map as you progress ? rather, the player will be able to freely roam the world and gather information and quests by exploring notes, diaries, etc left behind by both real players and NPCs.

So short answer ? while we began developing our game before DayZ, we've been encouraged by fact that DayZ has become so popular. And yes, of course some of our latest design decisions were influenced by the DayZ community forums.
The War Z -- A New Zombie Survival Experience - IGN

Also it's not on ArmA's engine therefore it's automatically better from the start.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Stealthgato is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 09:20 AM   #4
Zemciugas

Sounds really good so far and the gameplay looks better than Dayz. Looking forward to this. Just hope it won't degrade into score points arcade how Dead Island did.

Zemciugas is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 09:22 AM   #5
=Romagnolo=

Send a message via MSN to =Romagnolo=

All I can say

[R-DEV]OkitaMakoto:"Cheers, you're the man, Okita"
[R-DEV]Rhino:"I in fact got kicked from a server for tking."
Hitperson:"well done, treasure it forever."
[R-DEV]Adriaan:"Damned classy Roma, if I may say so."
[R-DEV]Chuc:"Pro man, pro."
(yes, it was about me)
[R-MOD]BloodBane611:"Romagnolo, you definitely deserve a LOL award for that."
=Romagnolo= is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 10:20 AM   #6
Qaiex

I'm mostly concerned about the RPG elements and the "option for permanent death" rather than being a standard.
Since Day Z is a mod, they can follow a vision, but these guys are making a proper game, so I'm afraid of them pandering too much to the casuals, and watering down the experience.
Qaiex is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 10:43 AM   #7
No_Surrender
Supporting Member

Cartonish graphics and bloom, not a good start for a game that needs a immersive enviroment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealthgato View Post
It's not a clone. They started developing this before DayZ came out.
Sure, they even chose the name before DayZ.
No_Surrender is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 10:43 AM   #8
crot
Supporting Member

Looks like crap, smells like crap, it is crap. This is a typical attempt at bringing the mod/game mainstream.
With Gold/Coins as currency I can already see where this is going.

CrazyHotMilf: can you release PR 1.0 today cause its my birthday and i want to play it ? because its gonna be very nice and every thing
crot is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 11:29 AM   #9
Stealthgato

Quote:
Originally Posted by crot View Post
Looks like crap, smells like crap, it is crap. This is a typical attempt at bringing the mod/game mainstream.
With Gold/Coins as currency I can already see where this is going.
Looks like crap? And you can tell already it's crap? Seriously? Don't be idiotic, please.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qaiex View Post
I'm mostly concerned about the RPG elements and the "option for permanent death" rather than being a standard.
I love that option actually, I don't want to lose hard-earned items gotten through difficult quests or exploring because of some retarded kid playing the game like Call of Duty and shooting everyone he sees. If that's what not-permanent-death means, anyways.

Last edited by Stealthgato; 07-20-2012 at 11:42 AM..
Old 07-20-2012, 11:32 AM   #10
Souls Of Mischief

There is a thread about this upcoming game on the militaryphotos.com forum.

New Zombie MMO coming out
Souls Of Mischief is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
aka, dayz, infestation, mmo, scamz, stories, survival, survivor, the war z, thewarz, war, zombie