project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Off-Topic Forums > Off-Topic Discussion
02 Sep 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Off-Topic Discussion For all discussions not related to PR. No Spam.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-15-2012, 12:07 AM   #1
Conman51

Default Battlefield 4?

Can anyone tell if this is real?

http://i.imgur.com/N9S0i.jpg

Battlefield 4 release date, trailer & gameplay rumours | T3

Battlefield 4 - Xbox 360 - IGN

They haven't finished all the DLCs for 3...or gave us mod tools yet

"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog."
-Mark Twain

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Conman51 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 12:29 AM   #2
[R-DEV]Ninja2dan
PR:BF2 Developer

Default re: Battlefield 4?

It's just more PR hype. As you can see from topics all around the internet, the game has only been "announced", and there is no confirmation as to how far they are into actual development. For all we know, they might not even have completed their GDD yet. Or at least they haven't moved beyond the concept phase.

As for any "early access" BF4 beta crap, yeah sure it might be valid offers. But that's like giving away tickets to the 2022 Superbowl. "Oh, wow, cool! I just got access to....oh wait, I might die of cancer before it's open."

Just remember that BF3 is a new release, and games like this wait a while before they put out a new one. They want to let the game sit on the market a while, soak up players, rack up sales, gorge the players on it until they're all fat and bloated from it. After a few years, when the fun and excitement wears off, and they start starving for more, that's when you hit them up with a new release. Just soon enough that they don't go feeding off of another franchise, but not so soon that you lose a few trickle sales. It's all about marketing.

And don't get too caught up in much content review for a while. It'll probably be 2-3 years before you see BF4 actually released, and I'm betting that technology advances will change their game design during that process. Anything you see over the next year or so should be considered concept art.

Edit: Note to Conman and the mods, I changed the topic title to correct for spelling (was Battlefireld, removed the "r")

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Last edited by [R-DEV]Ninja2dan; 07-15-2012 at 12:50 AM..
Old 07-15-2012, 12:49 AM   #3
mangeface
Supporting Member

Default Re: Battlefield 4?

I agree with ninja. BF3 just came out late last year. Only CoD will release new title every single year. I wouldn't anticipate a BF4 for a couple of more years, maybe longer (since it took 6 years to go from BF2 to BF3, granted they had other smaller titles in between like Bad Company).

<-USMC, that is

mangeface is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 01:26 AM   #4
Qaiex

They said it was just an intern who jumped the gun. I don't believe a word of it, even if it does fit with the EA trying to turn Battlefield into their version of CoD narrative.
I don't think they will even hint at a Battlefield 4 until they've released all the DLC and milked people for all they're worth. Then they'll tell you all the money and time was pointless, since they're going to release Battlefield 4 in a couple of months.
Qaiex is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 02:30 AM   #5
BloodyDeed
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

That's how you start a media campaign these days.
Just leak a small picture, no need to prepare a full news post.
The internet does the rest for you...for free

BloodyDeed is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 04:00 AM   #6
cyberzomby

Well, its EA, so they could have decided to jump on the COD bandwagon and create a "new" game every year. They just got a new engine so they're good for a while if they want to mimic COD's release scheme.

There where a lot of years between BF2 and BF3. Dont think they'll wait that long for the next one. Now that BF3 still is hot/new/fresh its smart to talk about BF4 to get the crowd in the mood and release BF4 not to long after.
cyberzomby is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 04:05 AM   #7
Ssential

BF doesn't have to jump on the CoD bandwagon, it's already there. Since a long time:

2002 Battlefield 1942
2004 Battlefield Vietnam
2005 Battlefield 2
2006 Battlefield 2142
2008 Battlefield: Bad Company
2009 Battlefield Heroes
2009 Battlefield 1943
2010 Battlefield: Bad Company 2
2011 Battlefield 3

Ok, some of you might think that BF1942, BF:V, BF2, BF2142 and BF3 were the only real battlefield games. That leaves 5 years between BF2142 and BF3. But even then, always when they developed a new engine, a sequel is coming 1 or 2 years later. If they keep the pattern then BF4 will be released at the end of 2013. It's definitely very realistic.

Last edited by Ssential; 07-15-2012 at 04:11 AM..
Old 07-15-2012, 09:47 AM   #8
WelshManDan

Yeah they are the original COD. Just only recently has that transpired to "console kiddies" as well as "neckbeard warriors".

I bet they do a Bad Company/Battlefield cycle from now on, BC one year, BF the next.
WelshManDan is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 10:48 AM   #9
Brainlaag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ssential View Post
BF doesn't have to jump on the CoD bandwagon, it's already there. Since a long time:

2002 Battlefield 1942
2004 Battlefield Vietnam
2005 Battlefield 2
2006 Battlefield 2142
2008 Battlefield: Bad Company
2009 Battlefield Heroes
2009 Battlefield 1943
2010 Battlefield: Bad Company 2
2011 Battlefield 3

Ok, some of you might think that BF1942, BF:V, BF2, BF2142 and BF3 were the only real battlefield games. That leaves 5 years between BF2142 and BF3. But even then, always when they developed a new engine, a sequel is coming 1 or 2 years later. If they keep the pattern then BF4 will be released at the end of 2013. It's definitely very realistic.
Wait wait wait....WAIT, you better retract the statement in bold, or otherwise the gods of gaming and not to forget the loyal BF playerbase will punish you. BF3 is not and never will be a "true" BF game.

Brainlaag is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 11:08 AM   #10
Polka

Quote:
Originally Posted by WelshManDan View Post
I bet they do a Bad Company/Battlefield cycle from now on, BC one year, BF the next.
They better. Since BC was actually fun.

Polka is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
battlefield, battlefireld