project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Off-Topic Forums > Off-Topic Discussion
02 Sep 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Off-Topic Discussion For all discussions not related to PR. No Spam.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-28-2012, 01:17 AM   #1
saXoni
Banned
Supporting Member
Default The Walking Dead (PC/Console Game)

Anyone tried it? I just bought it from Steam and downloading it as we speak. Watched the trailer and the first 3 minutes of a walkthrough, and I must say it looks pretty awesome.

Telltale Games - The Walking Dead

The Walking Dead - Story Trailer

As far as I could tell it's like a movie or a TV-show where you're the main character. You can decide your own destiny by making important decisions throughout the game.

Stand by for some feedback!
saXoni is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 04:31 AM   #2
Zemciugas

Default Re: The Walking Dead (PC/Console Game)

Played the first part, really enjoyed it. Like you said, it's like a movie/ TV-show centered around your character. You decide what to tell other people, what actions to take in certain scenes, there are also some critical actions where you need to decide what to do and they will affect the future or the lives of certain people.

Overall it's very interesting and interactive. Sadly it ends when you start to enjoy, it's very short ( around 2-3 hrs, depends on how you play it though ). Looking forward to the next episodes.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Zemciugas is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 06:21 AM   #3
saXoni
Banned
Supporting Member

I started playing the first episode (not done yet).
Spoiler for Episode 1:
Hershel blamed me for his son's death, and I feel really shit now... At least I saved a poor child's life!
The game looks really, really promising. I really like the comic-graphics, and the 'gloomy' feeling you get. At times it's really intense, even a bit scary!

If you like comics, or the TV-show for that matter, you should really try this game out. It costs 24,99 Euros on Steam.

Do you know when episode 2 comes out, Zemciugas?
Last edited by saXoni; 06-28-2012 at 07:10 AM..
Old 06-28-2012, 06:52 AM   #4
Zemciugas

Quote:
Originally Posted by saXoni View Post
I started playing the first episode (not done yet). Hershel blamed me for his son's death, and I feel really shit now... At least I saved a poor child's life! The game looks really, really promising. I really like the comic-graphics, and the 'gloomy' feeling you get. At times it's really intense, even a bit scary!

If you like comics, or the TV-show for that matter, you should really try this game out. It costs 24,99 Euros on Steam.

Do you know when episode 2 comes out, Zemciugas?
No idea. I played through a few times, saving different people and that kid is like mentaly retarded or smth, only slows everyone down, better to keep the other guy, atleast he's usefull.

Old 06-28-2012, 07:07 AM   #5
saXoni
Banned
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zemciugas View Post
No idea. I played through a few times, saving different people and that kid is like mentaly retarded or smth, only slows everyone down, better to keep the other guy, atleast he's usefull.
You're right.
Spoiler for Episode 1:
I also chose the fat teenager instead of the fit girl.
I'm going to play the story over again.

Episode 2 comes out tomorrow 29th of June.
Old 06-28-2012, 08:32 AM   #6
Cassius

That sounds more fun than sitting down to watch the series. Anybody played through dead Island?

|TG|cap_Kilgore

Cassius is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 08:45 AM   #7
Zemciugas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassius View Post
That sounds more fun than sitting down to watch the series. Anybody played through dead Island?
Dead island is nice, but way to arcadey and repetitive.

Quote:
Episode 2 comes out tomorrow 29th of June.
Sweet

Old 06-28-2012, 03:04 PM   #8
saXoni
Banned
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassius View Post
That sounds more fun than sitting down to watch the series.
These two hours have been more fun than watching two seasons of the TV-show. You should definitely check it out!
Old 06-29-2012, 07:29 AM   #9
English_infidel

This would be nice as a free roam type.. Loved the program.
Is it good sax?

English_infidel is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 08:00 AM   #10
Zemciugas

It's story driven and you choose what to tell people, what actions to take and so on. Not free roam.

Tags
dead, game, pc or console, walking