project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Off-Topic Forums > Off-Topic Discussion
20 Dec 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Off-Topic Discussion For all discussions not related to PR. No Spam.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-23-2012, 03:03 PM   #1
havoc1482

Send a message via AIM to havoc1482 Send a message via MSN to havoc1482 Send a message via Skype™ to havoc1482
Default Battlefield 3 whole computer freezes

Okay so I know this isn't a PR tech issue so I put it in off topic, but ever since I got the new BF3 patch and bought Premium my computer freezes completely about 10-20 minutes into game play. There is a sound loop (similar to a computer about to BSOD) and I need to shut down via power button.

I know its not a driver ()I have latest) or an overheat issue because my CPU and GPU never get hot.

I want to know if anybody has any info about this or if anybody that play BF3 has had this issue.

Once again I know its not a PR related topic but the BF forums are full of morons and whiners and none of the good questions get answered.

SPECS
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
EVGA GeForce GTX 560
Intel i7 950
8GB RAM

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

havoc1482 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 03:27 PM   #2
Sgt. Mahi

Default Re: Battlefield 3 whole computer freezes

Sounds like a overheated graphic card to me. Have you checked the temperature while gaming?

Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading
Sgt. Mahi is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 03:29 PM   #3
havoc1482

Send a message via AIM to havoc1482 Send a message via MSN to havoc1482 Send a message via Skype™ to havoc1482

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt. Mahi View Post
Sounds like a overheated graphic card to me. Have you checked the temperature while gaming?
I have and the temp never exceeds 55C. I have my EVGA Precision program to make an audible alarm when the temp rises to abnormal levels. I've even tried lowering the graphics settings to reduce the load but it still happens

Old 06-23-2012, 03:40 PM   #4
/Randoph/

EDIT: I should read posts below me before posting sorry.
/Randoph/ is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 04:01 PM   #5
crot
Supporting Member

My friend had a similar problem. It was due to the fan that stopped working on the GPU during gaming.
I'd check the fan during gaming, sensors might indicate that it is in normal temp, but still. And/or try unhooking grapchics card in your comp and reattaching it, same for memory(also try changing it's positions) etc.

CrazyHotMilf: can you release PR 1.0 today cause its my birthday and i want to play it ? because its gonna be very nice and every thing
crot is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 04:19 PM   #6
Brainlaag

Had very same problem with my factory clocked EVGA GTX480. I did OC it even more by myself without any considerable temperature rise, yet BF3 started freezing 15-20 minutes into game, just like you. With Smartdoctor, a GPU tweaking program, I clocked it down slightly and the issue was gone. Suggest you get a tool from Nvidia, or find any other tweaking freeware and clock down your clockrate slowly step by step until your game stops crashing.

Atleast this way it worked for me, read somewhere on the BF3 forums that the game dislikes clockrates which are not within certain standards or something. Don't worry, you won't note any FPS decrease.

Brainlaag is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 04:26 PM   #7
havoc1482

I just don't get it. Ive never modified my computer, OCed my card or anything. I've had Battlefield 3 since day 1 and I've never had an issue.

Old 06-23-2012, 04:43 PM   #8
karambaitos

Send a message via MSN to karambaitos Send a message via Skype™ to karambaitos

i had 5FPS on any setting, until i did the origin repair and reinstalled the GPU drivers, might be connected to the same thing, worth a try, i have nvidia as well.

There is only one unforgivable lie That is the lie that says, This is the end, you are the conqueror, you have achieved it and now all that remains is to build walls higher and shelter behind them. Now, the lie says, the world is safe.? The Great Khan.

40k is deep like that.
karambaitos is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 04:48 PM   #9
Sgt. Mahi

Well do a benchmark/stress test on the graphic card just to rule it out. Could be it's gone bad. Had a graphic card my self that did the same thing in other games and the temp. didn't exceed any critical limits but it turned out the card itself went faulty after a benchmark.

Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading
Sgt. Mahi is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 05:07 PM   #10
Brainlaag

Quote:
Originally Posted by havoc1482 View Post
I just don't get it. Ive never modified my computer, OCed my card or anything. I've had Battlefield 3 since day 1 and I've never had an issue.
I had to lower the clockrate to under factory settings. Sometimes the weirdest things are the issue.

Brainlaag is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
battlefield, computer, freezes