project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Off-Topic Forums > Off-Topic Discussion
22 Aug 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Off-Topic Discussion For all discussions not related to PR. No Spam.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-24-2012, 04:06 PM   #21
Doc.Pock

Default Re: Battlefield 3 whole computer freezes

its all cuz of origin and the browser thingy

/conspiracy

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

[R-MOD]Spec: Actually, I did teamkill him last I remember... -on Rhino being a teamkiller.
=Romagnolo=: Becareful, it is addictive. -on me sig quoting.
Doc.Pock is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 08:06 PM   #22
havoc1482

Send a message via AIM to havoc1482 Send a message via MSN to havoc1482 Send a message via Skype™ to havoc1482

So it is DEFINITELY a sound issue. I disabled my HD Audio in the BIOS and played (with no sound) for 2 hours strait, with no problems. As soon as I turned the HD Audio back on, the computer froze 10-20min into the game. This is really pissing me off. I'm curious, but would having a dedicated soundcard with the motherboard audio off fix it?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

havoc1482 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 01:00 AM   #23
Brainlaag

Quote:
Originally Posted by havoc1482 View Post
So it is DEFINITELY a sound issue. I disabled my HD Audio in the BIOS and played (with no sound) for 2 hours strait, with no problems. As soon as I turned the HD Audio back on, the computer froze 10-20min into the game. This is really pissing me off. I'm curious, but would having a dedicated soundcard with the motherboard audio off fix it?
Probably, heard that Realtek has a crap-load of issues, thats why I got a dedicated soundcard from Creative Soundblaster and haven't experienced any issues yet, except for some compatibly issues related to the very soundcard model I have.

Brainlaag is online now Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 01:25 AM   #24
havoc1482

Send a message via AIM to havoc1482 Send a message via MSN to havoc1482 Send a message via Skype™ to havoc1482

Any recommendations for a soundcard? Preferably anything $100 (79 Euro) or less

Last edited by havoc1482; 06-25-2012 at 01:34 AM..

Tags
battlefield, computer, freezes