project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Off-Topic Forums > Off-Topic Discussion
25 Jul 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Off-Topic Discussion For all discussions not related to PR. No Spam.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-08-2012, 05:12 PM   #1
ComradeHX

Default Resident Evil 6

Resident Evil 6 - E3 Official Trailer (US) - YouTube

Has anyone else been playing the entire series and found the 6th game to be somewhat decent?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
ComradeHX is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 05:38 PM   #2
Qaiex

Default Re: Resident Evil 6

I heard only the Leon campaign is worth playing.
To be fair I've not played RE2 or Code Veronica. I did watch someone play Code Veronica though.
But I have played the rest, including the RE1 remake for GameCube as well as RE0. Actually, none of the on-rails games either.
Qaiex is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 03:28 AM   #3
Pantera

If RE6 has co-cop just like RE5 then im buying.

The best one was RE2. Dont care what anyone says, that was the shit back in the day....the only RE games i didnt play was those pathetic little spin off ones (i.e. Racoon City)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Pantera is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 07:43 AM   #4
mitchverr

^agreed, number 2 was the best really.

Not sure if buying yet, this series has been a real letdown in the last several releases.

'Ear all, see all, say nowt;
Eyt all, sup all, pay nowt;
And if ivver tha does owt fer nowt - Do it fer thissen
mitchverr is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 06:45 PM   #5
Murphy

If it's anything like the last RE entry I will avoid it like the plague. I'm sure there are plenty of other people who imagined Racoon City to be awesome fun only to be sorrily disappointed by the shallow, horrific end product.

I'll be much more cautious when dealing with any RE titles thanks to that last faux pas, which is a shame because I've enjoyed just about every title since the first release on PS1.

Murphy is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 10:59 PM   #6
ComradeHX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy View Post
If it's anything like the last RE entry I will avoid it like the plague. I'm sure there are plenty of other people who imagined Racoon City to be awesome fun only to be sorrily disappointed by the shallow, horrific end product.
Well, Raccoon City was made "in collaboration" with some no-name studio and was non-canon anyway.

RE6 is definitely going to be vastly superior.

-------------------------
I find it more funny that a lot of people were complaining about how much action you can used in RE6 when biggest complaint about RE series(even 4 and 5) were "clunky" controls...

I would have preferred to keep the semi-auto pistol firing rate of earlier games, though.

ComradeHX is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 01:19 AM   #7
Murphy

I wouldn't say the controls were so bad so much as the camera angles, those zombies you couldn't see as they were JUST off screen. Add the disorienting nature of turning/moving in relation to your character and not the screen and ya I could see how the controls could be very confusing and frustrating when you just want to GTFO of the way of impending demise.

Murphy is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 06:22 AM   #8
CroCop
Project Reality Beta Tester

I actually installed that game yesterday.

All I can say is: FOV

I think people who played the game get the picture

CroCop is online now Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 12:40 AM   #9
Trooper909

Played every resi game ever (I think) Even bought a gamecube for the resi1 remake and better graphics for R4 lol.

Havnt bothered with op RC yet as I don't understand what its trying to be.Feels like the name is just being milked now so will be careful when buying anything RE.
Last edited by Trooper909; 06-11-2012 at 01:19 AM..
Old 06-11-2012, 03:49 AM   #10
Pantera

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trooper909 View Post
Played every resi game ever (I think) Even bought a gamecube for the resi1 remake and better graphics for R4 lol.

Havnt bothered with op RC yet as I don't understand what its trying to be.Feels like the name is just being milked now so will be careful when buying anything RE.
Well the OP. RC has a GREAT potential to be an AMAZING game, what with being from the point of view of Umbrellas elite security forces just after the outbreak at racoon city (RE2).

But no, they fucked it up. Instead of slaying the masses of zombie hordes to keep the infection contained and covered, instead you hunt down and kill survivors /facepalm.

and did i mention it was just shit? im so glad i didnt buy it, but my friend who did is pretty pissed, especially when he beat the game in a matter of hours.

Pantera is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
evil, resident