project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Off-Topic Forums > Off-Topic Discussion
28 Nov 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Off-Topic Discussion For all discussions not related to PR. No Spam.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

View Poll Results: MMOs I usually play are :
Monthly Subscription ONLY (no added cost after that) 6 13.04%
100% Free to Play ONLY (can't buy anything ingame even if I wanted) 12 26.09%
F2P with Item Mall - But I never purchase 20 43.48%
F2P with Item Mall - purchase for less then 5$/month 7 15.22%
F2P with Item Mall - purchase for less then 10$/month 1 2.17%
F2P with Item Mall - purchase for more then 15$/month 0 0%
Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-05-2012, 07:35 AM   #11
Arnoldio
Banned
Default Re: Poll for MMO players

Depends on what will the quality of the game be and how much money and thought will be put into advertisement. Many paths to take here.

If its a good revolutionary MMO, P2W has a higher chance to work, if aits a copy, P4P is probably a better solution.

GW2 is quite something new, and they went for one time payment and then P4P, wich is good IMO ,and then probably future DLCs. Thing is, they have big money involved so they can afford that.

But im no ordinary customer and i dont play MMOs, just my speculations.
Arnoldio is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 10:25 AM   #12
Qaiex

I have no problem paying a subscription to allow regular patches and server maintenance, GM support and stuff like that.
I would never play a game where you have to pay to be able to compete. Item Shop for customization items, skins, extra xp rings etc. sure. That stuff doesn't really matter. Being able to play the game and get to max level faster doesn't unbalance the game. It's even okay for games like shooters to offer weapons that are different, as long as they're not better than anything you can get for free.
Paying for a certain playstyle is okay.

But never anything that unbalances gameplay. Never stronger weapons, or stronger armour, or anything like that.
I kind of link to Extra Credits a lot, but they are some clever people, and most of what they say is spot on accurate.

Qaiex is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 10:30 AM   #13
Stealthgato

Used to be member in RuneScape some years ago, stopped playing 'cause I think they did some bad decisions with the game. Now I play DC Universe Online and World of Tanks - don't plan on ever spending money on them, though. Hate Pay2Win on PvP, it's just incredibly lame that people that spend money on the game get unfair advantages over regular players on PvP battles. WoT has this but it's manageable since it's not that big an advantage and people that have premium tanks most of the times suck massive balls anyways.

Do however consider spending some money on PlanetSide 2 just because of how awesome it's looking so far.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Last edited by Stealthgato; 06-05-2012 at 10:37 AM..
Old 06-05-2012, 01:42 PM   #14
Web_cole
PR Server License Moderator

Send a message via MSN to Web_cole Send a message via Skype™ to Web_cole

I think its a bit unfortunate that you've lumped F2P in with "Pay to Win" here.

Microtransactions do not need to imply P2W, and honestly I am 100% fine with a game that has a store or some kind of microtransaction based model, as long as it is not P2W.

Planetside 2 is an upcoming F2P MMO which I intend to play, as long as they stick to a cosmetic only microtransaction model.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
For Aiur
Web_cole is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 04:30 PM   #15
Zerostar11

I prefer Subscriptions.

However paying for vanity items is also fine.

Any game which forces you to buy items to compete against other players are retarded and should be destroyed.
Zerostar11 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 02:14 AM   #16
cyberzomby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebsif View Post
im playin Heroes of Newerth (legacy account) and WOT.

Will never touch a Pay to Win game, both coz I dont wanna get raped by wallet warriors - or if I become one, it will feel that im winning coz I paid and not because I achieved something or have sum skillz.

P4Premium like WOT or P4 just cosmetic stuff are the best imo.
Same for me I'd rather pay a set amount per month ilke everyone else. Would hate to get beaten in the game by a 12 year old with a credit card who just spend a 100 in the store.
cyberzomby is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 07:07 AM   #17
The Iron Dreamer

Send a message via Skype™ to The Iron Dreamer

Free to Play + pay to have it easy a.k.a premium acc in WoT - 3 man platoons, more xp, more credits...

And also:

A PR DEV is asked to do "R&D for a possible future MMO" ? Hmmm..... me smells some spicy stuff

The Iron Dreamer is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 08:25 AM   #18
[R-DEV]Ninja2dan
PR:BF2 Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Iron Dreamer View Post
A PR DEV is asked to do "R&D for a possible future MMO" ? Hmmm..... me smells some spicy stuff
I have been working in the gaming industry since the mid-90's, and I still get asked to do various work for others in the industry. But this project has nothing to do with Project Reality, the Battlefield franchise, or anything associated with them.

And remember that my role within the PR development team is as a Military Advisor, generally answering questions and providing feedback to topics related to that field or other areas in which I have professional knowledge/experience. I do not do coding, artwork, animation, marketing, etc. If the PR team did have some plans of some sort to create an MMO, it would more likely be one of the lead staff posting such topics or making teaser announcements on a blog somewhere.

Due to an aggresive NDA, I won't be answering any questions about the project I am working on other than to discuss the current topic of payment integration. Sorry, but you'll just have to wait for those details.

[R-DEV]Ninja2dan is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 05:20 PM   #19
[R-MOD]Saobh
Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Ninja2dan View Post
Due to an aggresive NDA, I won't be answering any questions about the project I am working on other than to discuss the current topic of payment integration. Sorry, but you'll just have to wait for those details.
OH come on just admit it, you're working with Adriaan on :

The only acceptable 'Lone Wolf' you'll be allowed to play :

[R-MOD]Saobh is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 06:34 PM   #20
[R-DEV]Adriaan
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

Where do you find this stuff, Saobh..?

[R-DEV]Adriaan is online now Reply With Quote

Tags
closedpoll, mmo, players, poll, reopened, test, thread