project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Off-Topic Forums > Off-Topic Discussion
23 Dec 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Off-Topic Discussion For all discussions not related to PR. No Spam.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-07-2012, 01:24 PM   #41
Zulnex
Supporting Member

Default Re: [Football] Euro 2012 in Poland & Ukraine

Looking forward to it very much.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Zulnex is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 04:11 PM   #42
[R-CON]Spyker2041
PR:BF2 Contributor
Project Reality Beta Tester

Send a message via Skype™ to [R-CON]Spyker2041

Sweep stake at work, I drew Croatia and Portugal, hope my ?2 was well invested.

Take a look at my gameplay vids -->

[R-CON]Spyker2041 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 05:21 PM   #43
WelshManDan

Well croatia may be a good shout for an outsider, but I cant see Portugal winning against any of their group.

No defence, and had a dreadful pre-season.
WelshManDan is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 07:12 PM   #44
[R-DEV]Alkali
PR:BF2 Developer

Should be a good one! Looking forward to see the boys in green playing! Come on!

"PR:BF2 v1.0 Soundtrack out soon..
[R-DEV]Alkali is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 07:13 PM   #45
ledo1222

Quote:
Originally Posted by WelshManDan View Post
Well croatia may be a good shout for an outsider, but I cant see Portugal winning against any of their group.

Lol, only team Portugal has to be afraid of is Germany.

Ireland and Denmark are just, just

You see we always come to the semi finals.

What i want to see is Italy Vs. Portugal, i would pay for that.

-The Mods cant Silence me!
-Its all a Conspiracy all OF IT!
-Boys get the duck tape ready..... Umm.....

Been palying PR:ARMA2 since 0.1v beta

ledo1222 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 07:14 PM   #46
CroCop
Project Reality Beta Tester

Quote:

From what I've seen, we havent been this shit since 2002 when even bloody Ecuador has beaten the crap out of us.

Our only hope is that the opposition is by some miracle worse...or if a even bigger miracle happens and the players actually start playing better than a Segunda Division team

CroCop is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 07:24 PM   #47
[R-COM]Arc_Shielder
PR Community Faction Lead

Quote:

Actually our defense is better than in 2008: Rui Patr?cio is better than any goalkeeper we had in a long time; Jo?o Pereira is on the same level of Bosingwa; Pepe is a World Class CB; Bruno Alves supposedly on the peak of his career is always better than a decaying Carvalho, although his last games have been a bit suspicious (there's always Rolando from the bench though); Coentr?o nulified every opponent on his flank in the WC pretty damn well.

I would say that other than Germany, Portugal has the best backline in that group. The problem is not that, but confidence. They seem to lack it tremendously.
Another slight issue is a proper DM. M. Veloso is very creative but slow and not very brave. I would go with Cust?dio instead. He might be average, but he fights like a bull.

Anyway, I'm not confident we will get out of the group phase. We can only count on Germany not handling the pressure very well and Holland exposing their defensive flaws more than usual.

[R-COM]Arc_Shielder is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 08:05 PM   #48
WelshManDan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ledo1222 View Post
Lol, only team Portugal has to be afraid of is Germany.

Ireland and Denmark are just, just

You see we always come to the semi finals.
Whats Ireland got to do with it? Portugals group is Denmark, Holland and Germany...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CroCop View Post
From what I've seen, we havent been this shit since 2002 when even bloody Ecuador has beaten the crap out of us.

Our only hope is that the opposition is by some miracle worse...or if a even bigger miracle happens and the players actually start playing better than a Segunda Division team
Fairpoint, but the groups have been quite easy on Croatia. Well, easy isnt the word, but Italy dont look up to scratch and Ireland arent the greatest (although they will provide excellent competition through sheer will to win and some great players too!). That should be a cracker of a match! Croatia v ROI!.

Its possible Croatia will get to the semis and from there anything can happen. Look at Chelsea!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcturus_Shielder View Post
Actually our defense is better than in 2008: Rui Patr?cio is better than any goalkeeper we had in a long time; Jo?o Pereira is on the same level of Bosingwa; Pepe is a World Class CB; Bruno Alves supposedly on the peak of his career is always better than a decaying Carvalho, although his last games have been a bit suspicious (there's always Rolando from the bench though); Coentr?o nulified every opponent on his flank in the WC pretty damn well.

I would say that other than Germany, Portugal has the best backline in that group. The problem is not that, but confidence. They seem to lack it tremendously.
Another slight issue is a proper DM. M. Veloso is very creative but slow and not very brave. I would go with Cust?dio instead. He might be average, but he fights like a bull.

Anyway, I'm not confident we will get out of the group phase. We can only count on Germany not handling the pressure very well and Holland exposing their defensive flaws more than usual.
Good point actually, I didnt take into account the changes made since 2010.

I feel the Holland v Portugal game will be the decider for second place for group B. And possibly one of the best games of the tournament!

2 Attack-minded teams with some defensive flaws who usually get some extremely high goal-stats. I reckon Holland to win 4-3, or on penalties (sorry lol)

Still expecting the final to go to Penalties, it seems to be the way in European Tournaments!

Germany/France v Spain or an underdog (possibly Denmark) for the final. Personal opinion!

Shall we do a sweepstake on here? It could work like this:

We get 16 people interested
One of you decides what number goes to what team (send it by PM to another person so we have liability)
I will delegate numbers to everyone.
Then we all have our teams?

I will even get someone to make a nice little thing to put in our signatures if we win! Like a Sweepstake Euro 2012 Winner/Runner Up bar.

After typing that it sounds a lot of work so would require dedication, and dont know if its too much hassle for such a little thing lol.
Old 06-07-2012, 08:09 PM   #49
Scot
Supporting Member

Send a message via Skype™ to Scot

Greece to beat Poland 2 - 1, start an epic campaign a la Euro 2004, but to stop becoming a country halfway through the Euros, become New Germania and Germany to end up winning after all.

Odds?

Scot is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 08:24 PM   #50
WelshManDan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scot View Post
Greece to beat Poland 2 - 1, start an epic campaign a la Euro 2004, but to stop becoming a country halfway through the Euros, become New Germania and Germany to end up winning after all.

Odds?
Probably like 5/1

Tags
2012, euro, football, poland, ukraine