project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Off-Topic Forums > Off-Topic Discussion
20 Dec 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Off-Topic Discussion For all discussions not related to PR. No Spam.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-22-2012, 07:31 PM   #31
Daniel

Default Re: Nations at War mod

What about it, "Gnome"? He took ALL vehicles from the mods he integrated to that one Mod... amazing work.
He just better find a new name for his mix-of-mods.

Sent from my Sony Xperia Z
using Firefox on Android 4.4.4 "KitKat"
Daniel is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 07:53 PM   #32
masterceo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel View Post
What about it, "Gnome"? He took ALL vehicles from the mods he integrated to that one Mod... amazing work.
He just better find a new name for his mix-of-mods.
You call that WORK? Yeah, the mod creator surely did a lot to steal all the intellectual property of other people.

It's theft. Get your morals straight son.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Priby:Why cant i be norwegian?
H.sta:becouse we are a specially selected bunch of people created by god to show how awsome mankind can be
masterceo is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 08:08 PM   #33
Stealthgato

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeno View Post
also: dat model and texture
That AK is stolen straight from Modern Warfare 3. People can bash Call of Duty all they want but it has excellent weapon models/textures/animations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeno View Post
did he take the M249 model from pr and placed a redicolous scope on it?
Looks like the vBF2 M249 edited with a MePro 21 sight or similar on top of it. It's -I would think rather obviously- a red dot sight, not a scope.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Last edited by Stealthgato; 05-23-2012 at 11:27 AM..
Old 05-22-2012, 08:37 PM   #34
Trooper909

They are not trying to earn money out of it and credited everybody so what is the problem?

Damn the BF2 modding community is tight as a ducks arse.
Last edited by Trooper909; 05-22-2012 at 08:44 PM..
Old 05-22-2012, 08:44 PM   #35
=Romagnolo=

Send a message via MSN to =Romagnolo=

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trooper909 View Post
They are not trying to earn money out of it and credited everybody so what is the problem?

Intelectual stuff dude! DEV's spent a lot of time from their lifes working on stuff to their project, not for somebody else.

[R-DEV]OkitaMakoto:"Cheers, you're the man, Okita"
[R-DEV]Rhino:"I in fact got kicked from a server for tking."
Hitperson:"well done, treasure it forever."
[R-DEV]Adriaan:"Damned classy Roma, if I may say so."
[R-DEV]Chuc:"Pro man, pro."
(yes, it was about me)
[R-MOD]BloodBane611:"Romagnolo, you definitely deserve a LOL award for that."
=Romagnolo= is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 08:51 PM   #36
Trooper909

Quote:
Originally Posted by =Romagnolo= View Post
Intelectual stuff dude! DEV's spent a lot of time from their lifes working on stuff to their project, not for somebody else.
Still don't see a problem.

DoW40k: Firestorm over Kaurava mod for Dawn of War - Mod DB

That mod team put years of effort into the mod and everyone who contributes to it has to agree that the community can take what they pleas.
Its has been the building block for many great mods for that game and most DOW mods have the same policy.

Think if PR and FH2 etc shared assets,we would have PR ww2 by now...Sharing is caring.

Than again if you do what army rage did you deserve you balls placed on a pike.
Trooper909 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 09:02 PM   #37
Tim270
Retired PR Developer

Quote:
That AK is stolen straight from Modern Warfare 3. People can bash Call of Duty all they want but it has excellent weapon models/textures/animations.
Shame the guy does not understand what a specular map is as he killed the weapon visually by not using one.

To be honest I am getting so tired of seeing this in nearly every modding community. Just people who cannot contribute more than compiling a load of other peoples work and passing it on as their own.

Quote:

Damn the BF2 modding community is tight as a ducks arse.
This is not just the bf2 community. I was one of the lead developers for a company of heroes mod called Eastern front. We have people trying to steal our content constantly and trying to blackmail us into exchanging our content for theirs. It just takes the piss really, I used to have a more open view that it was just modding so at the end of the day who cares really? but having people trying to take a lot of my own work and put it in other mods did it for me. It not only takes the artwork and code completely out of context but is a massive slap in the face to the people who spent hours/days/months/years producing this for their community, with a specific purpose. Just to have someone download it, zip it up and pass it off as some other mod without even asking you or putting in any hard work to the cause. It is lazy modding to the max. It annoys me a lot.
Tim270 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 09:08 PM   #38
FuzzySquirrel

Send a message via Skype™ to FuzzySquirrel

Anyone that thinks theft of content is okay needs to take a long walk off a short bridge. Until you actually spend time developing something to have it taken by someone who clearly gives no fucks about the time and effort you put into then you can't talk.

I find it ridiculous that some people here consider this the least bit acceptable.

FuzzySquirrel is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 09:24 PM   #39
Trooper909

I fully appreciate the time and effort put into these things but I still think its a waist to jealously guard your precious model,map,texture,mod,music.fewer people actually see your hard work that way.

Ok you worked on EF I have played that mod it was cool to add that faction and the models were great but the game play wasn't to my taist so I don't play it as I like BK mods game play better.Now if your mod was freely available and BK added the Russian faction to there mod using your assets I would still be appreciating your hard work now no?

Thats my logic anyway.

*edit* and its not "just modding" yiu guys are artists and many of you have more talent then paid professionals.
Last edited by Trooper909; 05-22-2012 at 09:30 PM..
Old 05-22-2012, 09:36 PM   #40
Tim270
Retired PR Developer

If someone came and discussed a fair deal where we got something back for giving away out content we were more than happy to do so, Europe in Ruins was allowed to use our Soviet faction in return for their persistent tracking system. I have no problem with trades like that, but when someone just downloads and re-uploads your work under their name it just annoys me.

I do see your logic and I can sympathize to a extent, for example PR uses other mods content who have shared that with Pr and in instances got something as a trade in the process. There are proper channels where you have talks with other teams if there is something you want and you work out a deal, just stealing it outright is really not the way to do it.

Also, there is nothing stopping anyone making a singleplayer mod of all the BF2 mods together(which this 'NAW' pack ultimately is), you are well within your rights to do so, but once you upload it all and pass it on as your own mod, we have a problem.
Tim270 is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
mod, nations, war