project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Off-Topic Forums > Off-Topic Discussion
22 Nov 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Off-Topic Discussion For all discussions not related to PR. No Spam.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-12-2012, 10:51 AM   #1
Tarantula

Default Ground Branch (PC Game)

Taken from the front page:

As players, gameplay will be deliberate, calculated, gritty and heavy. Without the consequence of death and loss there is no depth to the game. Loss will be personal and unavoidable. We are not taking the moral high ground but players will sense the impact of their actions. Your gear choices, route choices, team plan and actions against the enemy will all play into your success or failure. Multiplayer games will be methodical with pockets of quick but intense firefights all the way to long drawn out engagements against an equally matched team. There is no artificial balancing, but the individual’s skill and decision making will be what allows them to succeed.
GroundBranch.com – Official website | BlackFoot Studios squad based tactical shooter

YouTube Video

Looks pretty great to be honest, go through the introduction, features, NORG ethos and generally what the designer is going for and i think that its a pretty great game coming together. Kickstarter isnt up yet but with a bit more info i think i might be a donator

Ingame name: OfficerJamesPrice

"Heavy is good, heavy is reliable, if it doesn't work you can always hit him with it"
Last edited by Tarantula; 05-12-2012 at 10:55 AM.. Reason: embed
Old 05-12-2012, 11:30 AM   #2
Zemciugas

Default Re: Ground Branch

Looks nice so far.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Zemciugas is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 12:59 PM   #3
Aquiller
Supporting Member

Send a message via Skype™ to Aquiller

So far: meh.
Aquiller is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 01:50 PM   #4
foxtwofive
Supporting Member

Will keep an eye-out see where this goes.

Playing BF2 PR Since 0.4
*CONIURATIONE FACTA*
"This is the calm before the storm, Armageddon dawn."

foxtwofive is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 02:23 PM   #5
MaxBooZe
Project Reality Beta Tester
PR Server License Moderator

Send a message via Skype™ to MaxBooZe

Looks like America's Army with more features.

MaxBooZe is online now Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 04:04 PM   #6
Arnoldio
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxtwofive View Post
Will keep an eye-out see where this goes.
Ill keep mine in, can see better that way.
Arnoldio is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 04:26 PM   #7
Pvt.LHeureux
Project Normandy Contributor

Rainbow Six and Ghost Recon are back!

Chuva_RD : You want to remove bugged thing but dont tell how to fill formed void.
Pvt.LHeureux is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 05:50 PM   #8
[R-DEV]Spec
Lead Forum Moderator

Been following this for a while, looks pretty good indeed. Glad to see that some devs out there are starting to care about the Tactical Shooter genre again, and I am quite fond of what I've seen about the interface/weapon handling here. Looks quite PR-esque, if you ask me (the way weapons are designed, I mean).

Thanks to [R-MOD]IINoddyII for the signature! || If you need help or have a question, feel free to contact me via
Old 05-12-2012, 07:21 PM   #9
Murphy

The NORG approach looks promising, this is one to keep an eye on.

Murphy is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 07:56 PM   #10
[R-DEV]Adriaan
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

Dat featurelist... The only thing I'm still wondering about is the size of the maps. I'm guessing they won't be very large and that the focus will be more on infantry combat. Still very interested in it! I'd throw some money at it if I could get an amazon payment account.

[R-DEV]Adriaan is online now Reply With Quote

Tags
branch, game, ground