project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Off-Topic Forums > Off-Topic Discussion
25 Oct 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Off-Topic Discussion For all discussions not related to PR. No Spam.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-08-2012, 07:57 PM   #961
Murphy

Default Re: DayZ - Zombie Survival (ArmA 2 Mod)

Scarface you need to re-read his posts, he doesn't say it's "ok to spawn items so go ahead". He says as long as it is items that are readily available it shouldn't directly impact a non-cheaters game-play experience. The logic being you could never know if he got it by cheating or looted it, and at that point it is irrelevant.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Murphy is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 08:11 PM   #962
badmojo420
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownBadger View Post
If you reread my post, you'll clearly see what point I agree with and no more. It doesn't necessarily change my playing experience if my opponent has spawned an item which is available within the mod. I wouldn't know if he/she had. This is not the same thing as being pro-cheats. Doesn't the last sentence in my previous post indicate the opposite of what you claim?
Or the first sentence in my post that he replied to?

Quote:
I'm not pro-cheating
Nah, he'll just pick and chose what parts of the discussion he wants to acknowledge.
badmojo420 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 10:55 AM   #963
Atkinson

Just wondering if those from this forum who bought Arma2:CO for DayZ have yet tried out PR:Arma2?
If not, why not?

Atkinson is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 11:29 AM   #964
Limeni[BiH]

Quote:
Originally Posted by badmojo420 View Post
I'm not pro-cheating or anything, but how does someone else spawning in an item ruin your immersion? Obviously I know if they spawn in some Javalins or a mk19 humvee it'll ruin it, but people who spawn in weapons that are already in the game, how do they ruin your game? Shouldn't you be playing it for your own experience, rather that worrying about other peoples? If they are lazy and want to cheat themselves out of the fun in this mod, why do you care?

There's always going to be people with good equipment in the game, weather or not they found it legit matters little to me. Hell, I would even go as far as to say people who spawn items improve my game because there will be better loot laying around and I will face better equipped opponents.

Not to mention, if you freak out about people spawning in items all the time, you'll end up turning people onto cheating who wouldn't have considered it before. They see how upset you get over it and want to help anger you.

Now, something that is really starting to directly affect my experience is people who (i'm guessing) alt-f4 when you kill them. I've only killed about 6 people, but at least half of those I've had the bodies die standing up and disappear before I could loot them. I've even had huge setbacks from this happening, I killed some guy at NE airport and as I was moving his alice pack to my inventory he disappeared taking my patrol pack with him, leaving me with no pack at all. I just hope when they connect to another server they bleed out and die a slow painful death. The best is when you kill one in a group and the whole group disconnects, so cowardly.
That kind of attitude is why i dont play dayz anymore. Cheaters are everywhere, on every damn server, they spawn shit, they change the game, they kill people and what troubles me more are the people who support or defend them.
There is no god and bad cheating, there is only cheating and its always bad.
It doesnt really need to affect you directly but it affects the whole community, dont be so selfish and don't think only about yourself and your own experience, think about the community. How does it affect the community.
Today I saw some posts about how cheating can help the game ( like spawning NPC convoys and stuff)
There shouldnt be any tolerance for cheating and people should be more vocal about it.

Smrt fasizmu! Sloboda narodu!
Limeni[BiH] is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 12:00 PM   #965
=Romagnolo=

Send a message via MSN to =Romagnolo=

"Where did I spawn?"

"Go near a city or village and look at the road signs!"

[R-DEV]OkitaMakoto:"Cheers, you're the man, Okita"
[R-DEV]Rhino:"I in fact got kicked from a server for tking."
Hitperson:"well done, treasure it forever."
[R-DEV]Adriaan:"Damned classy Roma, if I may say so."
[R-DEV]Chuc:"Pro man, pro."
(yes, it was about me)
[R-MOD]BloodBane611:"Romagnolo, you definitely deserve a LOL award for that."
=Romagnolo= is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 12:23 PM   #966
burghUK

To anyone interested.

On NY25 the NWO group have a camp setup at devils castle.
over 10 tents and 3 vehicles.
2+ guards with ghillie suits , heavily armed.

If I don't make it , tell my wife i said "hello".
burghUK is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 01:44 PM   #967
Twonkle

Send a message via MSN to Twonkle

Quote:
Originally Posted by burghUK View Post
To anyone interested.

On NY25 the NWO group have a camp setup at devils castle.
over 10 tents and 3 vehicles.
2+ guards with ghillie suits , heavily armed.
What happens when the server dies? That's always what I've wondered... Will they loose all they've collected?

Twonkle is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 01:57 PM   #968
burghUK

no it stays.

If I don't make it , tell my wife i said "hello".
burghUK is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 04:31 PM   #969
badmojo420
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atkinson View Post
Just wondering if those from this forum who bought Arma2:CO for DayZ have yet tried out PR:Arma2?
If not, why not?
I haven't tried PR:Arma2 yet, but I plan to. I've only had the game for over a week so I've been too wrapped up playing DayZ. Once the novelty wears off and I'm bored then I'll move onto PR.

I've heard a lot of people in-game mention PR(bf2 and arma2) and have even seen a few people I recognized from this community. I play on the "expert" servers(no 3rdp, crosshairs, names) so it makes sense that PR players would flock to the same servers I'm in.
badmojo420 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 05:34 AM   #970
Outlawz7
Retired PR Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by =Romagnolo= View Post
"Where did I spawn?"

"Go near a city or village and look at the road signs!"
I'm nearing 1k hours of ArmA2 playtime, so I know Chernarus in the back of my head.

Except when it dark. Like the time I was going to meet up at Nadezhdino and apparently went in circles all over the south-east part until I arrived at the dam north of Elektro thinking I'm north of Cherno.

Originally Posted by whatshisname55:
"Ah yes, that link to your hard drive is working perfectly."
Outlawz7 is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
1872, arma, dayz, join, mod, open, pcgn, persistent, private, server, survival, today, world, zombie