project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Off-Topic Forums > Off-Topic Discussion
21 Oct 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Off-Topic Discussion For all discussions not related to PR. No Spam.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-18-2012, 03:51 PM   #11
MaxBooZe
Project Reality Beta Tester
PR Server License Moderator

Send a message via Skype™ to MaxBooZe
Default Re: DayZ (Zombie Survival, Persistent Open World)

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Rhino View Post
Sounds cool

So there are loads of different people on a server all doing there own thing, trying to survive?

Would seem that way from the video above.
Depends, some people are nice chat with you over local they join you, or if not sometimes people trade. Food/Ammo for medical supplies or whatever interests you. Or sometimes people shoot other people or rob them, kneecap them etc. There's some really wanted items around the land and when you have them it's not advised to take them into town. The same goes for waving around that you have Bloodbags and painkillers when you're up north where it's hard to find medical supplies.

Yesterday I was scavenging around Elektrozavodsk with my CZ550 when I hear M4 and shotgun shots go off, too fast to be shooting at just a couple of zombies. I set up on a small tower in the firestation and witnessed that 3 people were 'sieging' 2 other people that had set up in the bank. I tried to get a tally on the people but the 3 on the outside had been stacked up on a humvee. I remembered the guys from the Bank to be ok they had sorta set up there so I tried to help them and shot one of the siegers with the sniper rifle. They got so scared that they hid and it gave the 2 guys from the bank an opportunity to flee to the docks.

Unfortunately for me the sound of my rifle going off attracted a small horde of zombies, which again notified the siegers of my location. I got somewhat overrun by zombies. I held them off but the sieging group (now down to 2 people) came in and found me. THey were asking questions so I ran away and I received a bullet in the knee, I was unconscious they took my stuff and left me there.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

MaxBooZe is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 04:39 PM   #12
Aquiller
Supporting Member

Send a message via Skype™ to Aquiller

Awesome!
Aquiller is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 05:06 PM   #13
Pvt.LHeureux
Project Normandy Contributor

Pretty fucking awesome story MaxBoz

It really does feel like STALKER online but with zombies only

Chuva_RD : You want to remove bugged thing but dont tell how to fill formed void.
Pvt.LHeureux is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 05:21 PM   #14
Web_cole
PR Server License Moderator

Send a message via MSN to Web_cole Send a message via Skype™ to Web_cole

I just died and respawned on a random beach somewhere. Noticed a red glowing in the distance, and moved through the darkness towards it. I see a survivor crossing a road and follow him at a distance. More red glowing, more flares and he seems to be searching a small airfield. I decide if he has anything good I'll kill him and rob him. Then I see a second survivor come out of the hanger, so I lie in darkness by some trees and watch them leave.

For Aiur
Web_cole is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 06:35 PM   #15
Silly_Savage

Damn, that sounds pretty cool. I might just have to reinstall ArmA II for this. Might.

"Jafar, show me a sniper rifle." - Silly_Savage 2013
Silly_Savage is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 07:59 PM   #16
Ecko
Supporting Member

This mod looks excellent!
Shame I don't ArmaII. The amount of servers doesn't seem that high so just doesn't seem like a worthwhile investment.

Shame though as this mod looks great!

AKA Ecko1987
Beep-Beep-Beep.
Ecko is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 08:28 PM   #17
Delfer

This sounds like everything I could ask for in a game, DL'ing now, really hope I dont get disappointed!
Also, that story was epic

EDIT:
I've got a problem, when I get to the server and try to join i get the message
"You can not edit/play this map it is dependent on content that has been deleted.chernarus"

What is .chernarus supposed to mean?
I'm running it with the A2CO command with just DayZ in the mod line

EDIT AGAIN:
Now it shows me the files I've apparently deleted
dayz_code, weapons, equip and vehicles, but I have unzipped those in the addons folder for @dayz so I am confused

EDIT THIRD TIME:
I did some fiddling, and am now back to square one. I can't get into dayz server because I get this
"You can not edit/play this map it is dependent on content that has been deleted.chernarus"
Last edited by Delfer; 04-18-2012 at 10:14 PM..
Old 04-19-2012, 01:51 AM   #18
Steeps
Supporting Member

Have you launched the DayZ mod using the shortcut -mod=@dayz ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Steeps is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 02:29 AM   #19
Zeno

Send a message via MSN to Zeno Send a message via Skype™ to Zeno

Is the Random rubberbanding a bug in the mod or just general Arma bug?

looks like its impossible to hit the zombies going 200km/h while rubberbanding all over the place

[R-DEV]Ninja2dan:
Not having a spotter is like masturbating with a cheese grater...mildly amusing at first, but generally painful and bloody in the end.
Zeno is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 02:36 AM   #20
[R-COM]Hulabi
FDF Faction Lead
Project Reality Beta Tester
Supporting Member

Played this a little last night, it's awesome! And don't worry about the ArmA jerkiness, you'll get used to it fairly quick. It doesn't even bother me anymore.

Looking for Modellers, Mappers, Texture artists and Exporters!
#fdfpr @
or PM
[R-COM]Hulabi is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
1872, arma, dayz, join, mod, open, pcgn, persistent, private, server, survival, today, world, zombie