project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Off-Topic Forums > Off-Topic Discussion
02 Sep 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Off-Topic Discussion For all discussions not related to PR. No Spam.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-17-2012, 07:21 AM   #1251
mitchverr

Default Re: DayZ - Zombie Survival (ArmA 2 Mod)

I would asume because litterally thousands of newbies would pick them up instantly not knowing they are not allowed?

Afterall the game has huge trolling problems as it is, chances are that would be exploited.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'Ear all, see all, say nowt;
Eyt all, sup all, pay nowt;
And if ivver tha does owt fer nowt - Do it fer thissen
mitchverr is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 12:04 PM   #1252
Rissien
Supporting Member

Send a message via MSN to Rissien Send a message via Skype™ to Rissien

Lol this guy stole a frag from their pack and tried to kamikaze them, failed so they fed him to a zombie XD

YouTube Video

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

MA3-USN Former

クラナド ァフターストーリー
Rissien is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 01:23 PM   #1253
crot
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rissien View Post
Lol this guy stole a frag from their pack and tried to kamikaze them, failed so they fed him to a zombie XD

YouTube Video
haha, that was so evil, feeding the poor guy to the zombie.

CrazyHotMilf: can you release PR 1.0 today cause its my birthday and i want to play it ? because its gonna be very nice and every thing
crot is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 01:39 PM   #1254
[R-DEV]Adriaan
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by crot View Post
haha, that was so evil, feeding the poor guy to the zombie.
It was also really funny.

[R-DEV]Adriaan is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 01:28 AM   #1255
badmojo420
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by badmojo420 View Post
I've been trying something different for the last week, I started to role play as a female scientist/investigator type. She isn't out to kill anyone, refuses to shoot at the uninfected all together.
Welp, I tried not killing people, but as I was hunting for animals close to the colony, I spotted a player standing still on a grassy hill. Wearing NVGs, holding an m4a1 with flashlight off, but strangely no backpack. I approached him from behind, drawing my revolver. When I was right behind him I said in a loud voice over direct "WHO THE FUCK ARE YOU?".... nothing. He didn't even flinch. I said again over voice chat "Hello!?!?!?! Don't turn around, but answer me" still nothing, I can't remember if I typed something in text, but I usually do when people don't respond to me in voice. Anyway, the colony has security so I thought maybe someone went afk there, so I switched over to another teamspeak channel and asked if we had anyone in the area... Nope. They said waste the fucker, I said I don't like to kill people. So one of the security guys said he would come deal with it. While I was waiting for him, standing there my gun trained on the suspect, I heard our helicopter coming, I looked over for a second and saw it in the early morning sky, then looked back and the suspect was now prone and magically had an m107 out and pointing it at the helicopter. So I put one in the back of his head.

Looted his corpse, no m107, but like 10 mags for it, I found the m4 with 1 magazine, no pack, all the tools. Then I study his body, same name as the helicopter pilot, who happens to be the admin of the server. I bet I killed a hacker.

http://i.imgur.com/Tu0CD.jpg

No idea why my debug meter disappeared. Earlier the whole server was teleported over the ocean and most of us died, I think that's when it disappeared. Or maybe it was after that when we were all teleported to the forest with no weapons, multiple times. I got some funny video from that. There was one guy with an as50 trying to kill people, so I just ran straight at him and followed him, no way you can hit anything up close with that gun, especially with no cross-hair. Then I found a dead body with a machine gun of some kind, just as I pick it up, we're all teleported back to the same place, I ran around watching some dude drag a body with a weapon on it, like 10 people crowding around it trying to loot, so I decided to shake things up and point my MG into the air and let loose. People scatter in panic. Then somebody appears with an m4 and starts dropping people, I tried to fire back, but too many innocents got in the way and he killed me too.

Firing into the air and watching people run scared is an experience I'll never forget. That's not something I can say about many video games.
badmojo420 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 02:25 AM   #1256
ledo1222

If you guys need a server to play on, i currently am hosting one with the Group im with.

DayZ - 102multigaming (v1.7.2.5/Beta 94876) [Veteran 3DP:1 CH:0 ][UTC] dayzmod.com - hosted by 102 Multigaming Clan - Clan website - Home

IP: 216.244.85.178:2312

And if you want you guys can join our TeamSpeak and join the fun we have.

nl14.ts3.instantvchat.com:10780

If you need any assistant just Poke or PM anyone with [ARMA] tags

-The Mods cant Silence me!
-Its all a Conspiracy all OF IT!
-Boys get the duck tape ready..... Umm.....

Been palying PR:ARMA2 since 0.1v beta

ledo1222 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 10:25 AM   #1257
illmatic

hi guys im new to this forum/ dayz, ive played a few times now and i'm starting to get the hang of it and having a lot of fun.
ive been going solo as none of my mates do PC gaming, and wanna join up with some people so it's more fun. what is the best way of going about doing this?? im a UK player age 22, sorry if this post is in the wrong place
illmatic is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 08:25 PM   #1258
badmojo420
Supporting Member

I'd suggest finding a server that suits your taste (difficulty settings) and in your area, and then get on their teamspeak(or whatever they use) if they offer one. Or you could try approaching people you see in-game and hope they don't kill you on sight.(Best to do this after you respawn, when you've got no gear to lose)
badmojo420 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 10:40 PM   #1259
Delfer

Mojo what's this about a colony? Is there an actual settlement holding up?
Delfer is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 03:16 AM   #1260
ShockUnitBlack

Shock's One-Minute Review Of DayZ

I have a bit of a love-hate relationship with DayZ at this point. Spending hours collecting good equipment only to glitch through a floor and die, losing it all, is frustrating at the highest level, but the whole idea of scavenging through stupidly dangerous/beautiful Chernarus keeps dragging me back.

I do think the mod's a tad over-hyped on the whole, however. In my mind Fallout 3 (one of my all time favourites) is by a huge margin the superior post-apocalyptic open-world game and to an extent DayZ's zombies feel like a sideshow rather than the game itself - I feel pretty strongly the game core is derived more from its setting and PvP than from the zombies themselves.
ShockUnitBlack is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
1872, arma, dayz, join, mod, open, pcgn, persistent, private, server, survival, today, world, zombie