project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Off-Topic Forums > Off-Topic Discussion
29 Aug 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Off-Topic Discussion For all discussions not related to PR. No Spam.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-13-2012, 11:14 AM   #11
Murphy

Default Re: The Halo 4 thread

COD 1/2 + Expansion were excellent, and COD 3 was also fairly good considering Treyarch picked up the franchise and decided to give it to console players leaving their loyal PC gamers dreading the next installment (Which wasn't even that horrible WaW was the last enjoyable COD game to me, even though it was dumbed down you could still feel COD somewhere in there).

The same kind of scenario has played out with Halo, only I find the series has been gutted and raped more extensively by other forms of media (I mean an ipod app, really? And anyone saying the RTS game isn't complete shit needs to play an actual strategy game). The lust for more money is not a good motivator for fun games, they just come out with a formula for what they consider quality and pump out title after title. Where did the inspiration and creativity go? Halo ODST and Reach just felt like more of the same with a few neat features (forge mode was part of Halo 3 but Forge World really impressed me and showed the ingenuity most experienced companys leave on the cutting floor)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Murphy; 04-13-2012 at 11:21 AM..
Old 04-13-2012, 01:01 PM   #12
Pantera

Reach was so good i would turn it into a live action movie.

Pantera is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 02:43 PM   #13
[R-MOD]Dunehunter
Forum Moderator
Supporting Member

Send a message via MSN to [R-MOD]Dunehunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerostar11 View Post
Everything after Halo 3, has been to earn more money. ODST, Reach, Wars are all shit.
Everything including the original Halo has been to make money, at least partially. You don't fund the development of a triple A title because you like to throw money away.

[R-MOD]Jigsaw] I am drunk. I decided to come home early because I can''t realy seea nyithng. I hthknk i madea bad choicce.
[R-MOD]Dunehunter is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 07:21 PM   #14
Maverick

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Dunehunter View Post
Everything including the original Halo has been to make money, at least partially. You don't fund the development of a triple A title because you like to throw money away.
Which is sad in todays world. Developers only do things to make money, they don't care about their fanbase, nothing is quality anymore it is about quantity(COD) and dumbind down for the casual bigger audience(Console gamers)

Maverick is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 12:11 AM   #15
sharpie
Supporting Member

Personally I'm just excited, played all of the Halos, including Halo: Wars. That was an interesting game, to say the least. Also, it was made by Ensemble right before they shut down I believe, not 343.

As it was stated earlier, 343 has very big shoes to fill...but what I have seen through updates and a recent magazine article, it looks like things will be coming together and that this trilogy might just be pulled off.

"Tom I think you have influenced the combat effectiveness of this team! Everyone has gone full potato."~Foxxyfrost
[DM]P*Funk: its like a funk guitar seminar up in that bitch
[R-DEV] K_Rivers-"...everything is broken in your country,"
sharpie is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 02:32 AM   #16
[R-COM]rushn
Support Technician
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick View Post
Which is sad in todays world. Developers only do things to make money, they don't care about their fanbase, nothing is quality anymore it is about quantity(COD) and dumbind down for the casual bigger audience(Console gamers)
Bungie is actually a pretty good company that listens to its community for the most part unlike EA for example

this is one of the reasons why they separated from microsoft and are now developing another title
Last edited by [R-COM]rushn; 07-08-2012 at 06:47 PM..
Old 04-16-2012, 04:31 AM   #17
Pantera

Infection playlists are always awesome

I think Bungie is a good studio they do really try their best in regards to community service.

Pantera is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 04:46 AM   #18
sweedensniiperr
Supporting Member

Send a message via MSN to sweedensniiperr Send a message via Yahoo to sweedensniiperr Send a message via Skype™ to sweedensniiperr

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Dunehunter View Post
yes. but Bungie did make the 3 first games for themselves and the community in first-hand, money second. they made the game THEY wanted to do.

sweedensniiperr is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 06:19 AM   #19
KingLorre

Guess we can only hope that 343 doesn't fuck up. :S
KingLorre is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 04:16 PM   #20
sweedensniiperr
Supporting Member

Send a message via MSN to sweedensniiperr Send a message via Yahoo to sweedensniiperr Send a message via Skype™ to sweedensniiperr

maybe this will interest you.

YouTube Video

sweedensniiperr is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
halo, thread