project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Off-Topic Forums > Off-Topic Discussion
21 Apr 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Off-Topic Discussion For all discussions not related to PR. No Spam.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-03-2012, 02:26 AM   #1
Meza82

Default On FUNKER530 and PR

(searched: Project Reality Forums - Search Results, not found)

PR being a realistic modern war fighting game, I found this and thought instantly of PR and the PR community. FUNKER530 on youtube for PR fans offers much in terms of a realistic reference for things like weapons and effects, infantry and mechanized tactics, and the visuals of 21st century war fighting. all of this central to PR.
Im not trying to promote FUNKER530s politics or am being paid by him. But trust, check some of his/their videos out as part of US and world history. This one was recently uploaded. It is a good example of the quality and authenticity from this youtube channel

EDITED
the other video was taken down by youtube due to its epic realness and terms of service policies. for this thread, lets use this video for further discussion. its straight out of a good PR game. especially at 1:33 lol
YouTube Video

YouTube Video

Violence is power
In .308 we trust
Last edited by Meza82; 04-05-2012 at 02:14 AM.. Reason: video link removed, update video link
Old 04-03-2012, 06:27 AM   #2
killonsight95
Supporting Member

Default Re: On FUNKER530 and PR

Wrong section, it should be in the off-topic section of the forum.

I am subscribed to funker and his videos are very good (not his videos but just videos sent to him). However I seriously dislike how he presents the videos, the all caps titles (EVERYTIME) and often glorifying war and killing.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
killonsight95 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 08:06 AM   #3
Arnoldio
Banned

Well its 'merica! Must be allcaps.

The quality of his vids is top notch indeed.
Arnoldio is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 08:34 AM   #4
CroCop
Project Reality Beta Tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arnoldio View Post
Well its 'merica! Must be allcaps.

The quality of his vids is top notch indeed.
But all he does is just slap that intro of his on vids that are uploaded by other people...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
CroCop is online now Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 09:46 AM   #5
Spyker2041

Send a message via Skype™ to Spyker2041

Quote:
Originally Posted by CroCop View Post
But all he does is just slap that intro of his on vids that are uploaded by other people...
He reposts other people's videos (apart from at first when he posted videos which were from his deployment to afghanistan with Canadian Army)

Take a look at my gameplay vids -->

Last edited by Spyker2041; 04-03-2012 at 12:45 PM..
Old 04-03-2012, 09:51 AM   #6
FUNKER530

Quote:
Originally Posted by CroCop View Post
Actually I started my channel with about 100 videos from my own tour as a light machine gunner. Most of the clips I upload now are sent to me by other Veterans looking to get their footage and experiences exposure. If they don't send me the footage I will ask permission to re-upload on my channel and, 99% of the time they are more then happy to know what they did overseas is not being forgotten.

I don't view it as glorification, I view it as presenting educational and eye opening material in the only way a YouTube audience will watch. If I can present these real experiences in a way that gets on the forums of gamers like you then maybe their won't be so many kids running around thinking they know what war is like.
FUNKER530 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 10:04 AM   #7
Narco

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUNKER530 View Post
Actually I started my channel with about 100 videos from my own tour as a light machine gunner. Most of the clips I upload now are sent to me by other Veterans looking to get their footage and experiences exposure. If they don't send me the footage I will ask permission to re-upload on my channel and, 99% of the time they are more then happy to know what they did overseas is not being forgotten.

I don't view it as glorification, I view it as presenting educational and eye opening material in the only way a YouTube audience will watch. If I can present these real experiences in a way that gets on the forums of gamers like you then maybe their won't be so many kids running around thinking they know what war is like.
How the balls did you find us...

Narco is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 10:04 AM   #8
CroCop

Oy I aint hating. Since I havent viewed all of your vids. Most of the ones I did view were other peoples vids so hence the impression it gave.

Besides I was actually commenting about the vid quality. Since the edits on those vids from what I've seen is basically your intro added at the begining

CroCop is online now Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 11:41 AM   #9
Outlawz7
Retired PR Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narco View Post
How the balls did you find us...
I'm pretty sure there's an option on YT to display what sites your videos get linked to.

Originally Posted by whatshisname55:
"Ah yes, that link to your hard drive is working perfectly."
Outlawz7 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 12:04 PM   #10
Scot
Supporting Member

Send a message via Skype™ to Scot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meza82 View Post
Jesus christ. That's some first class explosions. +1 dat

Also, if Mr Funkers here re-posts other people's stuff, and it's on one easy to find Youtube channel, I see no issues.

Scot is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
combat, funker530, real, video