project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Off-Topic Forums > Off-Topic Discussion
28 Nov 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Off-Topic Discussion For all discussions not related to PR. No Spam.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-01-2012, 09:16 AM   #1
Qaiex

Default Assassin's Creed 3 (PC/Console Game)

So, an employee at Best Buy apparently leaked this image to Kotaku.

What do you guys think of this?
Playing as a Native American during the American revolutionary war? Is this interesting? Assassin's Creed puts a lot of focus on the climbing and jumping around aspect, and what were the tallest buildings in the US during this time, like two stories? And there weren't really any cities to speak of, just villages and small towns.

If this turns out to be accurate it sounds like another Revelations fiasco to me.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Qaiex is online now Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 09:30 AM   #2
azreal64
Send a message via Yahoo to azreal64
Default Re: Assassin's Creed 3

why would a guy at an electronics store have access to an image like this before the game was even confirmed by the developers?

Retired Forgotten Hope 2 Developer
azreal64 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 09:38 AM   #3
MaxBooZe
Project Reality Beta Tester
PR Server License Moderator

Send a message via Skype™ to MaxBooZe

Civil war would be more interesting but I could work with this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

MaxBooZe is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 09:38 AM   #4
Qaiex

Who knows, maybe they're getting ready to advertise it so people will pre-order, so they need a huge-ass poster to let people know: "This is what you want, come in and pre-order it right now." when they walk past a Best Buy.

Old 03-01-2012, 10:29 AM   #5
Spearhead
Retired PR Developer

Send a message via ICQ to Spearhead Send a message via MSN to Spearhead

Well it fits in with this: Ctrl+Alt+Del - Libertine (2010-03-29)

But if they really should go this way the game would need some serious alterations to it's mechanics. America during the revolution seems to offer few opportunities for free-running. If they set it in a European city things would be able to be more traditional compared to this. If I'd have to choose a historical setting to try out I'd probably go for late 18th century (Age of Enlightenment, French revolution, Napoleonic Wars) or mid 19th century (Industrial Revolution).

Other people think Asia could be an interesting place to take the series but I am not that interested in taking the game into this area.

Spearhead is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 10:47 AM   #6
Zemciugas

Mel Gibson runing around with a tomahawk and a pistol in The patriot anyone?

Zemciugas is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 10:58 AM   #7
Limeni[BiH]

lol this will be interesting if true ofc

maybe it want be about climbing and stuff, maybe more about riding horses and fighting .

Smrt fasizmu! Sloboda narodu!
Limeni[BiH] is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 11:13 AM   #8
WelshManDan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zemciugas View Post

Mel Gibson runing around with a tomahawk and a pistol in The patriot anyone?

Oh yeah, the film that's almost as made up as braveheart. At least braveheart was a good film though.

The setting would be interesting, but would be totally wtf in terms of normal AC gameplay.

Maybe they are going to set it in "Gangs of new York" era, the buildings would fit into normal AC style, but I don't know if the flag on the poster was the same during that period. Isn't that the Thirteen colonies flag?
WelshManDan is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 12:37 PM   #9
Qaiex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Limeni[BiH] View Post
lol this will be interesting if true ofc

maybe it want be about climbing and stuff, maybe more about riding horses and fighting .
Climbing and stuff, or as it's otherwise called: the core game play mechanic of Assassin's Creed.
Honestly they've been moving this series away from actual assassination and turning it into a straight action game. I'm not fond of it.

The only way I see this as being interesting is if you play on the side opposing the revolution. That would be something new, that would be something interesting. Say, the founding fathers are templars or something.
But America saves the day action hero #33504? No thanks. That's been done to death.

Old 03-01-2012, 12:44 PM   #10
rangedReCon

The idea of America at this time being just towns and villages is not wholly accurate. There were several large cities including New York, Philadelphia, and Boston. So the whole vertical aspect might not be be an issue. Although I would like the setting of Russia circa the communist revolution, I feel like that would make a very interesting location.

rangedReCon is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
assassin, creed, game, pc or console