project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Off-Topic Forums > Off-Topic Discussion
01 Sep 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Off-Topic Discussion For all discussions not related to PR. No Spam.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-06-2012, 05:30 AM   #181
Brainlaag

Default Re: Assassin's Creed 3 (PC/Console Game)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qaiex View Post
No place for assassinations in a Michael Bay movie, you know that.
It's sad how the industry is turning more and more away from good games, and more and more towards placating the ADHD generation.

I don't see games as a public service. They're works of art.
And if you're not going to have an idea and carry that through, but compromise your vision for the sake of bringing in a larger more mainstream audience, then you might as well just stop making games all together.
That's like calling yourself a musician, but only playing cover songs.
Or calling yourself a painter, but only doing caricatures on demand.

If you're not going to do something original, why even bother doing anything at all? Copying other people's originality is pointless. Doing that, they're not only wasting their own time, but ours as well.
Because them MONEYZ! As soon as something new establishes itself within society, the fussy hustlers start to appear. This is basically what happened in the last years to the video-games development. Before that, the medium was rather "unknown" and not all too popular among the people to be a good basis to gain money from. Now it is and those bloody companies are making more money than ever.

Not saying all games have become the symbol for capitalism but too many. Personally my last hope are indie developers.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Brainlaag is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 11:48 AM   #182
[R-DEV]Rudd
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweedensniiperr View Post
You're right eddie. Hopefully there's more to it than what it seems right now.('MERICA!)

Halo did that, and also the first AC.
I think the game itself is gonna be epic, one of the other teasers showed an American soldier telling the assassin where the bad dude is and kinda asked for help in taking down some brits. But the assassin was like 'I have my own priorities biatch' so I'm sure the game will continue the great ambiance of the previous games where the conflict of order vs liberty will supercede all others

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

[R-DEV]Rudd is online now Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 11:16 AM   #183
Sizum85

YouTube Video

Le gameplay.
Sizum85 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 11:44 AM   #184
[R-DEV]Rudd
Supporting Member

that really psyched me up, looks like amazing gameplay!

Old 07-13-2012, 12:41 PM   #185
Navo

That clothing is beyond stupid.
Navo is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 12:58 PM   #186
Qaiex

I've always thought, if I were in that universe I'd be able to pick out an assassin a mile away. I mean they're not subtle, what with WEARING THEIR FUCKING SYMBOL ON THEIR BELTS.
It seriously damages immersion when you're expected to just accept that someone so obviously out of place in a anywhere-and-everywhere-in-every-single-historical-setting-there-ever-was could ever blend into a crowd.

Guard: GUYS! THE ASSASSIN IS OVER HERE!
Assassin: You idiot! Can't you tell I'm standing between two people! You can't see me when I'm standing between two other people, I'm using my blending ability right now.

Guard: Oh shit! I'm soooo sorry, I'm new to this whole thing I didn't know. Shit dude, I'm sorry.
Assassin: It's fine... Just, go back to looking around for me for a few seconds, and then pretend like nothing ever happened.

Guard: Allright. I just have one more question.
Assassin: Shoot.

Guard: When we fight you, later on... Am I supposed to like, use some techniques or some special type of tactics or whatever?
Assassin: *Sigh* Christ... No! You wait for me to kill your buddy, then you just rush at me and attack me head on, one at a time, in a nice and orderly fashion.

Guard: Really? Doesn't that seem kind of lame?
Assassin: Listen carefully, dumbass... The game is NOT about giving the player a challenge. It's about making ME look cool.
Last edited by Qaiex; 07-13-2012 at 01:08 PM..
Old 07-13-2012, 01:21 PM   #187
WelshManDan

Wait, I think I saw some Black redcoats? In fact, most of the Boston Garrison seem to be black?

Correct me if im wrong, but werent Black people still primarily slaves, and if not, then definitely not looked upon as Soldier Material?

Like no racist obviously, just pointing out historicalness?
WelshManDan is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 01:22 PM   #188
Pantera

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qaiex View Post
Guard: GUYS! THE ASSASSIN IS OVER HERE!
Assassin: You idiot! Can't you tell I'm standing between two people! You can't see me when I'm standing between two other people, I'm using my blending ability right now.

Guard: Oh shit! I'm soooo sorry, I'm new to this whole thing I didn't know. Shit dude, I'm sorry.
Assassin: It's fine... Just, go back to looking around for me for a few seconds, and then pretend like nothing ever happened.

Guard: Allright. I just have one more question.
Assassin: Shoot.

Guard: When we fight you, later on... Am I supposed to like, use some techniques or some special type of tactics or whatever?
Assassin: *Sigh* Christ... No! You wait for me to kill your buddy, then you just rush at me and attack me head on, one at a time, in a nice and orderly fashion.

Guard: Really? Doesn't that seem kind of lame?
Assassin: Listen carefully, dumbass... The game is NOT about giving the player a challenge. It's about making ME look cool.

That was actually pretty awesome.

Pantera is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 01:39 PM   #189
[R-DEV]AfterDune
PR:BF2 Lead Developer
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

That vid looked pretty good. I like AC a lot. Sure, it has its flaws or weirdnessess, but it's very entertaining.

[R-DEV]AfterDune is online now Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 02:37 PM   #190
[R-DEV]Rudd
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WelshManDan View Post
Wait, I think I saw some Black redcoats? In fact, most of the Boston Garrison seem to be black?

Correct me if im wrong, but werent Black people still primarily slaves, and if not, then definitely not looked upon as Soldier Material?

Like no racist obviously, just pointing out historicalness?
I think they were men with scarves

Tags
assassin, creed, game, pc or console