project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Off-Topic Forums > Off-Topic Discussion
21 Dec 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Off-Topic Discussion For all discussions not related to PR. No Spam.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-04-2012, 07:18 PM   #581
cyberzomby

Default Re: Wargame European Escalation (PC Game)

Hmmhmm, on the blitz map it was a bit hard (they tugged the tunguskas just far enough) but I dont have troubles takin them out. They pose a challenge sometimes but most times I can take care of them. But like me and mitch said before its getting stale and predictable. Almost like the the cheap unit rush. And with the victory conditions favoring the defender its getting really tempting to just sit back with some heavys and atgms.

Think im going to give in to the fad and put some heavys in my deck and deploy them at the start.
cyberzomby is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 07:52 PM   #582
Kirra

Heavy tanks dominate the battlefield exactly as much as they should. They are HEAVY TANKS for God's sake.
Kirra is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 05:39 AM   #583
cyberzomby

I agree. Thats not what im saying. Im saying im disapointed everyone and there mother uses them now. Makes the games stale. Encounter other player, see he has heavys and initiate same gameplan.
Before the patch you had a bit more variety it seems. Some used heavys, some used mediums and lights, etc.
Old 05-05-2012, 07:16 AM   #584
Soviet Wizard

Light tanks still have a (smaller) place on the battlefield, imo. You use them for their fuel economy in order to send them way around for quick stings and flank attacks. Although I do agree, it's become less of a priority, now that everyone would rather have 4 Leopard 2A4s than two of them with 4 - 6 light tanks.

Call me crazy, but I still love to field BMP3s and M551A1 Sheridans, even after the patch.
Soviet Wizard is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 07:59 AM   #585
cyberzomby

Agreed. I might add heavys to my deck today but haven't played with them yet. I still love to use my light and medium tanks
Old 05-05-2012, 08:41 AM   #586
BrownBadger

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberzomby View Post
I agree. Thats not what im saying. Im saying im disapointed everyone and there mother uses them now. Makes the games stale. Encounter other player, see he has heavys and initiate same gameplan.
Before the patch you had a bit more variety it seems. Some used heavys, some used mediums and lights, etc.
The more of them you field, the better. The meta-game is boring. When you win a battle with heavies you most likely just need to repair them, but when you win a battle using mediums you will lose a portion of the army and give the enemy points. Heavy tanks should play a role in the game, but right now it's just a matter of who plays their heavies better. Counters don't work well as there is an ATGM hit bug, and they are also vulnerable to the artillery war that begins as soon as two teams are evenly matched. Air only works if the enemy doesn't know what they're doing with their AA -- or for defensive play.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
BrownBadger is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 03:16 PM   #587
Kirra

See anything strange?

Old 05-05-2012, 03:23 PM   #588
Kirra

And to whoever said that heavy tanks are OP: Wargame: European Escalation replays
Old 05-05-2012, 03:48 PM   #589
Nickbond592
Retired PR Developer

hmmm, i've got 72 command stars free but nothing left to unlock... strange

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Smeg: Fuzz commands a lot and promotes good teamwork, db flips vehicles, Bosco is an all-round nub, Outlawz is an SP whore, Nickbond is a friggin ninja and Rhino gets kicked for being a n00b.
Nickbond592 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 04:36 PM   #590
Soviet Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirra View Post
See anything strange?

Your BUK killed 2 Chaparrals.
Soviet Wizard is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
airland, alb, battle, dragon, escalation, european, game, nato whine, red, ronaldreagansatan, t80u op, wargame