project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Off-Topic Forums > Off-Topic Discussion
26 Nov 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Off-Topic Discussion For all discussions not related to PR. No Spam.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-22-2012, 03:14 AM   #511
Soviet Wizard

Default Re: Wargame European Escalation (PC Game)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirra View Post
Question, T72's or T62's? Also, any advice on Russian arty?
I find that T72's are very inaccurate, and for the price, they don't improve much in the advanced variants. Whereas the most advanced T62 has just about the most effective tank-borne ATGM in the game. The only problem is the T62 is slow.

As far as artillery, Don't use more than 6, or you become everything I hate about the game. I've developed tactics for winning without using any artillery/mortars ever at all.
Soviet Wizard is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 04:38 AM   #512
Kirra

I strictly use arty to break stalemates nowadays. Unarmoured command vehicles are so fun lol.
Kirra is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 04:53 AM   #513
Soviet Wizard

Quote:
I strictly use arty to break stalemates nowadays. Unarmoured command vehicles are so fun lol.
Yeah, I use 4 to 6 pieces of artillery or mortars in serious games, but I only use them with a visual from a scout/friendly unit. I also never fire on the enemy's first command point unless it's the only one they have left. It's good to balance the game and stop people from hiding in forests, but it's just too spammable as it is right now.
Old 04-22-2012, 05:08 AM   #514
Kirra

Wtf.... Played against a dude who went all arty. I sent a single Havoc in his main and killed his command vehicle. Odd.
Old 04-22-2012, 05:14 AM   #515
Soviet Wizard

That's what idiots do. They spend all the command points on artillery pieces (Because lol epic explosions right?) and forget to employ effective AA to protect it. By the way, are you playing right now? Because I'm ridiculously bored.
Old 04-22-2012, 05:27 AM   #516
Nickbond592
Retired PR Developer

Quote:
Question, T72's or T62's?
the T-72 upside is the fact its got good armour for its price, which means it can soak up a bit of damage allowing the bigger tanks with it to engage the enemy, and also its main gun deals relativly good AP

obviously its - is the crappy accuracy so your not going to hit a lot very often, but its good against infantry as the 'spread' will be more effective with the good spash the cannon has

the T-62 is a more rounded tank, but has more variants which is a good thing if your short for space in your deck.

I like the T-62M, for 50quid you get a good return but as a rule of thumb this seris of tanks are.

Cheap, weak armour, poor range

so you'll need to babysit them alot and keep them in constant supply

I cant really tell you which is the best as they both do a job and its a case of whatever you prefer with your stratagy, but to confuse you even more, i use both.... at the same time !!! lol

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Smeg: Fuzz commands a lot and promotes good teamwork, db flips vehicles, Bosco is an all-round nub, Outlawz is an SP whore, Nickbond is a friggin ninja and Rhino gets kicked for being a n00b.
Nickbond592 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 05:30 AM   #517
Conman51

I never really like to say one unit is better to have in your deck than another.

If a unit sucks, it usually is cheap and has a high unit pop limit.

If its good its usually expensive and has a low limit.

SO its all really about how much money you want to spend.

"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog."
-Mark Twain

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Conman51 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 05:35 AM   #518
Kirra

Quote:
Originally Posted by B33NJO View Post
That's what idiots do. They spend all the command points on artillery pieces (Because lol epic explosions right?) and forget to employ effective AA to protect it. By the way, are you playing right now? Because I'm ridiculously bored.
Yeah, I'm playing. Add me, nick is Kirra, same as here.
Old 04-22-2012, 05:53 AM   #519
cyberzomby

I tried the T72 yesterday and really dislike it because of its low accuracy. Personally I use the T64's a lot. But I'm looking for a cheap tank so I can show up with a bigger army. Probably will add the T62's instead of the T55.

I also experimented with 2 or 3 arty units close to the front (just behind my main army). That way they have a spread similar to the NATO mortar carriers ^_^
cyberzomby is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 06:01 AM   #520
Kirra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conman51 View Post
I never really like to say one unit is better to have in your deck than another.
I do. The SU-122 is a huge piece of shit. It looks like a tank destroyer, except that it's shit. I was quite dissapointed.

Tags
airland, alb, battle, dragon, escalation, european, game, nato whine, red, ronaldreagansatan, t80u op, wargame