project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Off-Topic Forums > Off-Topic Discussion
03 Sep 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Off-Topic Discussion For all discussions not related to PR. No Spam.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-01-2012, 11:13 PM   #1
Dr_Death

Lightbulb Suggestion: PR on low class games

Hello everybody, i have found PR: BF2 and PR: A2 pretty much hard to run good with a standar computer (or at least my computer) so i though on what game could be modified to have PR on it?, you know, as a low quality PR game for low class computers? i though on those games:

GTA SA
Half life
Half life 2
Joint operations

Half life: after i used Sven coop mod i could see how far the engine could go, it was awesome!.

Half life 2: this engine is even better than the HL one, however, it may need a better computer.

JO: i knew'd it when i played it the first time it could fix any PR problem on either BF2 or ArmA 2, but i mean mainly on transport vehicles.

problem with BF2: player can from nowhere select their position, even though in real life you cant do that, and your seats or vehicle positions are limited to 8.

problem with A2: you may have a lot of space, but you cant select where you want to sit, and the way you entry or get out from a vehicle is pretty unrealistic.

on JO we could make...for example:
a chinook and have independient seats on their cargo, so you cant skip them one per one and you should use the use key to sit on them (the most realistic way to use a vehicle i saw) but you can also stick the seat to the vehicle...or that's what i was thinking, the problem with the game is that the foot movement and playability is way unrealistic, but i though it could be easly modified.

GTA SA: this is the first candidate, why?

i was playing on a server of MTA when i saw you could use a FPS mode (command, "/fps") and i just used it....GTA SA showed me that it could be easy to modify and you can make a total transformation, i saw a realistic bobbing, the way you just get into a vehicle, how you just cant skip between them, and with HD guns and a new way to use the camera when using the iron sight GTA SA showed to me it could be ready as the infantry part.

then i though, the vehicles:
my first idea when i though on that was the helicopters, they are easy to modify on the propietyes of the vehicles (the .txt doccument) and they model and textures are also easy to modify (i am talking about the brain of someone who already make reskins and remodel for weapons and vehicles) so helicopters, we are fine.

Then...the cars...well, is hard to think what we can get better than that, i think they are perfect, but just like the choppers, a remake of the model and handling and it should be done, the same with the bikes, except that on bikes and cars is better if the HUD of it is incluided in the model and texture...so that's pretty hard.

Planes: changing the horrible plane physics the plane is just perfect, this time is almost as easy as the choppers to make a harrier (not like in BF2, that barely just someone posted his first alpha harrier mod for it) and with the special buttom up, down, left and right more planes with more things can be added into it.

But, not everything that shine is gold, you know?....

I must have the next problems, or anybody else should usually have it if they dont know this exact part:

1- change the camera view on the sight, and the position of the weapon when using the iron sight, so you can see it clearly
2- make new and remove maps, i really dont ever saw if this was ever possible, but if it is, the SA terrain can be remade everytime a new map is changed (thinkin this should be on MTA first)
3- make the....(gosh this should be hard) lie down movement...i think it's self explanatory
4- the choppers...like the chinook, how it is gonna be a C class heli? i was thinkin on that speccial buttom up and down you can change the way the ramp stand for, but how is someone get in the heli? you have to be close to maybe some chair on the cargo space and then get as a passager?
5- make new weapon, this means new slots, names, models, textures, like if we are making a new gun for the game from 0
6- how squads and team should work in-game, that mean's how squad creation and etc. should be made
7-secondary fire, or like in BF2 and A2, a way to change the gun fire rate/selected gun (like change between the gun and the GL if it is equiped with)
8- (THE MOST BIGGER TOPIC-PROBLEM)
the server:
or we can make it into a small MTA mod...or we can do it an installer mod to GTA SA with their own server tools and etc., so if we select this option, is likely to make a new online game for GTA SA (pretty much like SAMP or MTA, but only for this mod).

That's all the problems i have found when thinking about GTA SA PR mod, i may think about Joint Operations also? it's a candidate, but GTA SA is more famous and it doesn't use the old novalogic technique on the maps of "REPEAT THE SAME SCENERY OVER AND OVER" wich it can get annoying.

NOTE: i want to help on this proyect i want to start, however, i dont know NOTHING about game mods, so if someone can give me basic tools for maping and remodeling or tutorials, i'd be happy, also, i must say that the point is that me and maybe someone who have more experience and can help me on this mod (wich i dont really put a lot of effort into it) could make it big enough to be an offitial PR mod

PD: GTA SA is candidate because of the mapping and how a part is already finished, but HL and HL2 don't seem to get it right because of the problem to drive a vehicle could be, and JO have better chance because it have it own server and client option so you can get into an online game with it (and with a mod) and because how you can change vehicles there.

Thanks to everyone who readed this suggestion, it came into my mind because PR2 BF2 increase the graphics slightly on the normal BF2 and my computer can handle just a small part of it, and because ArmA 2 is....well....let's say that if you can use GTA IV with all maxed out, you can barely play ArmA 2 with distance on 2000 meters and with graphic options on medium
Dr_Death is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 11:17 PM   #2
LieutenantNessie
Banned
Default Re: suggestion: PR on low class games

Wrong section imo
LieutenantNessie is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 11:19 PM   #3
Dr_Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by LieutenantNessie View Post
Wrong section imo
Really? sorry about that then, in wich section should i post this?
Old 01-01-2012, 11:50 PM   #4
dtacs
Supporting Member

The suggestions area.
dtacs is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 12:03 AM   #5
Dr_Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtacs View Post
The suggestions area.
..... so... suggestions for BF2 PR or A2 PR or PR V?

there is no "new PR mod" suggestions, someone from the dev team told me to post it on off-topic section
Old 01-02-2012, 12:08 AM   #6
Shovel

Well, you would need to find people willing to help, because the dev team is pretty busy.

Shovel009
Shovel is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 12:10 AM   #7
[R-COM]rushn
Support Technician
Supporting Member

I dont think they will make another mod

the team has their hands full as it it seems

PRV, PRBF2, PRarma2, and PR2...

also making PR out of GTA SA?? it seems like a lot of work..

I havent heard many good things about HL either

also BF2 runs fairly well on older comps BF2 is a pretty old game Arma on the other hand is another story

what are your computer specs??

also its very cheap now days to upgrade computers
[R-COM]rushn is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 12:13 AM   #8
Dr_Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by rushn View Post
I dont think they will make another mod

the team has their hands full as it it seems

PRV, PRBF2, PRarma2, and PR2...

also making PR out of GTA SA?? it seems like a lot of work..
shovel and you are right, that's why i also requested, if some person who can tell me, some tutorial video to start moding gta sa? also, rushn, on the bottom is the list of the things that are gonna be very hard on the idea of the mod, the rest shouldn't be very hard... it "shouldn't"
Old 01-02-2012, 12:16 AM   #9
[R-COM]rushn
Support Technician
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr_Death View Post
shovel and you are right, that's why i also requested, if some person who can tell me, some tutorial video to start moding gta sa? also, rushn, on the bottom is the list of the things that are gonna be very hard on the idea of the mod, the rest shouldn't be very hard... it "shouldn't"

modding is very hard especially if you try alone

you will have to start basicly from scratch and I ahve seen many mods for GTA try to accomplish more then they can bite and then fail miserably after a while

and if you have no prior modding experience modding GTA SA is going to be very hard to make a quality mod like PR with their standards

but why do you think PR should be modded on GTA SA not many people play GTA SA anymore I feel like the lack of players will be an issue
[R-COM]rushn is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 12:20 AM   #10
[R-CON]Psyrus
PR:BF2 Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by rushn View Post
but why do you think PR should be modded on GTA SA not many people play GTA SA anymore I feel like the lack of players will be an issue
I've heard that about BF2 as well
[R-CON]Psyrus is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
class, games, low, suggestion