project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Off-Topic Forums > Off-Topic Discussion
18 Apr 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Off-Topic Discussion For all discussions not related to PR. No Spam.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-27-2011, 12:08 PM   #21
Apo
Default Re: Star Wars The Old Republic (PC Game MMO)

Yes servers are still down. Awesome game, i had the bad luck of finding some really annoying bugs and the chat notes say nothing about fixing them.. Guess its still playing the 3rd character and hoping he doesnt bug too.
Apo is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 08:10 AM   #22
DXfan01

I'm on the Twin Spears server.. and at level 33

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

!!ACE, PR, and Women all day!!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Check out my ArmA 2 vids

DXfan01 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 08:42 AM   #23
[R-COM]Darkpowder
Support Technician

For those that are interested here is my take on it.

It's an MMO for sure, and designed to appeal to WOW players. Personally i don't like MMO's much but I like Star Wars the Old Republic.

Character classes:

Star Wars: The Old Republic | HOLONET

There are the usual "quests" with various starwars loot and such with every questline voice-acted, in the same way you might have seen in Dragonage, or Mass Effect. Yes read that again, every quest up to Lvl50 is voiceacted, no exception.
Yes the "Empire" have british accents, like the bad guys always did in Starwars.

the game manual is up for those that are interested to read:
Entering the Old Republic | Star Wars: The Old Republic

It's all the good stuff from starwars basically set 3000 years before the Main Films and 300 years after "Knights of the Old Republic" if you played that. The tech is very "modern" though, and the troopers still look like troopers and the droids look like droids.

Tactically, and PVP Gameplay wise - which players here may enjoy, its very simple to get into, there are Flashpoints - which are cinematic long Adventures for a few players, or you have Warzones which are "Capture the point, or Team-Events, Set-Defuse the bomb type events which last 15 mins or so" so you can have a quick round and back to whatever you are doing.

There is the start of planatary PVP too, with plans for "area-capture" / "objective" PVP too, with loot dropping and exclusive to PVP also.

There is also space-combat - a bit like X-wing or tie-Fighter, as it's a "twitch" shooter, 3rd Person shooter, available part way through the main game, with various ship upgrades you can buy or make yourself. Effort in that game advances your character also, so is a refreshing change.

Ships are also different depending what class and faction you play.

Star Wars: The Old Republic | Starships

so it's as serious as you want it to be, sure it's subscription and you can either roleplay to your hearts content or just create a character called Pwnieowner and just crush the rebel scum your own way.

I play on:

Jung MA (USA) - (Main server for me)

it's good in my opinion, and immersive in the same way as the best single player games of this type, so if you liked Dragon Age I or II, or Mass Effect I or II be prepared that you will like it a lot.

Take regular breaks people, and don't neglect your kids, pets, or PR Dev work!

Bugfixes:

Good Troubleshooting Guide:-
http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=890

Error Code 6
Installation drive requires 3GB of space to avoid this error

Error Code 7
You should make sure that you have the latest version of DirectX installed on your system.
Check that your Graphics card has the most recent drivers installed
You should check that you have the latest Service Pack and Windows Updates installed for your operating system, including optional updates such as .NET Framework and Visual C++ features
If you have QuickTime installed, please make sure it is up to date
You should try using the 'Repair' utility on the launcher. To do this please click on the button located in the bottom left hand corner of the launcher window. This will open a settings menu where you will be able to find and click on the 'Repair' button
If you are experiencing this issue after having installed the game from a physical copy, can you please try downloading the installer from www.swtor.com/download and running this over your existing installation. When this is done please try running the Fixlauncher.exe located in your installation directory. This is located by default at:
32bit: C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\BioWare\Star Wars - The Old Republic
64bit: C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\BioWare\Star Wars - The Old Republic

Often this is machine spec or out of date drivers - try using the absolute latest drivers across the board.
One possibility is that your .NET Framework is out-of-date; you can fire up Windows Update just to make sure. Another is that you have a copy of DirectX installed that has a version number slightly too low; again, checking Windows Update (or downloading the DirectX redistributable again) is one possibility. Another possibility is that the PlatformInfo.dll file in your SWTOR installation has become corrupted or is missing.

minimum game requirements:-
http://www.swtor.com/support/helpcenter/2029
Processor
AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual-Core 4000+ or better or Intel Core 2 Duo Processor 2.0GHz or better

Operating System
Windows XP (Service Pack 3)/Vista/7

RAM
Windows XP: 1.5GB
Windows Vista and Windows 7: 2GB
PCs using a built-in graphical chipset are recommended to have 2GB RAM

Graphics Card
ATI X1800 or better*
nVidia 7800 or better*
Intel 4100 Integrated Graphics or better*

DVD-ROM
8x or better

Last edited by [R-COM]Darkpowder; 06-20-2013 at 12:54 PM..
Old 01-06-2012, 12:29 PM   #24
Ecko
Supporting Member

My assesment, as an RPG its brilliant, just love it. Great storyline, visuals and game play.

As an MMORPG, lacking...

SWG had far more to offer IMO, it's a shame it went under.

Alas, I'll play untill I complete the story lines of each class but than unless significant improvements are made to the PvP and end game content I'll be quiting.

AKA Ecko1987
Beep-Beep-Beep.
Ecko is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 02:24 PM   #25
[R-COM]Darkpowder
Support Technician

Latest Patch - 1.1 - with bugfixes released today:

Rise of the Rakghouls | Star Wars: The Old Republic

[R-COM]Darkpowder is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 02:34 PM   #26
Rissien
Supporting Member

Send a message via MSN to Rissien Send a message via Skype™ to Rissien

Force Leap: This ability no longer functions on Portable Holo Dancers.

lmao

MA3-USN Former

クラナド ァフターストーリー
Rissien is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 01:07 PM   #27
[R-COM]Darkpowder
Support Technician

Just as a quick reminder.

(edited original post made here to update on my status)

Alpha Company - SWTOR's Top Trooper Guild - (REPUBLIC FACTION) Jung Ma (USA Server) - Military enthusiasts, ex, and serving military extensively, though anyone is welcome.
  • Uniformed & Tactical trooper / scoundrel guild once again building up numbers and recruiting heavily, so ping me if you are interested and I'll hook you up.
  • Good training, friendly folk, and high degree of tactical knowledge in a zero-drama group, without any elitism.
  • Rank and Rhino and a few others know I've been well-into this for a while.

So I'll leave you with some propaganda.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=glwFvtm0uDk

See you on Tatooine troops.

Last edited by [R-COM]Darkpowder; 06-20-2013 at 12:47 PM..
Old 06-20-2013, 12:54 PM   #28
[R-COM]Darkpowder
Support Technician

No update for a while, but thought you should know this is now free-to-play.
and double-xp weekends coming up.
Star Wars: The Old Republic

[R-COM]Darkpowder is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 01:39 PM   #29
youm0nt

People still play this game? pay2sprint

(o,o)
|)__)

-"-"-
O RLY?
youm0nt is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 03:01 PM   #30
Von_Gnome

You get sprint at level 15 as f2p

Von_Gnome is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
game, mmo, republic, star, wars