project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Off-Topic Forums > Off-Topic Discussion
31 Jul 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Off-Topic Discussion For all discussions not related to PR. No Spam.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-16-2012, 10:04 AM   #41
Yrkidding

Default Re: The Last of US (PS3 Game)

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-CON]Pantera View Post
I dont care, that is Ellen Page <3 Good choice of music in the trailer too Needs moar Johnny Cash for the next ones

Finally, a good reason to bring my PS3 back to use!!!! I know this isnt a "zombie" game, but god i hope they get the survival part right, i dont want to shoot masses of infected for the entire story, i want to survive in an open world.

So far no game with infected beings has been able to do that. (not for me at least)
Day Z mod for Arma II my friend, that sounds like exactly what you're looking for.

"It was about the man to your left and right. We Don't do this for freedom, apple pie, but for the man to your left and right. The privates, lance corporals, and sergeants stand shoulder-to-shoulder in the face of the enemy, Honor Among Men." - Sergeant Todd Rosalez
Yrkidding is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 10:32 AM   #42
Pantera

Default Re: The Last of US (PS3 Game)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yrkidding View Post
Day Z mod for Arma II my friend, that sounds like exactly what you're looking for.
Argh i want to try it so bad! But my computer can barely run Arma2 i only have it to mod PR: A2.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Pantera is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 05:39 PM   #43
Ductape
Default [Game] The Last of Us

Thought I'd put this out there since there doesn't seem to be a thread yet.

YouTube Video

YouTube Video

YouTube Video

The Last of Us appears to be a survival game based in a post apocalyptic america. So far it looks amazing. A very grim and gritty atmosphere, achieved through environmental storytelling and good scripting, with an attention to detail which really fleshes out the ambiance. I also think that it uses the intensity of the violence as another tool to try and convey atmosphere in the game, rather than slapped in there for the hell of it.

I was stunned seeing the gameplay demo, thought it looked spectacular. The first thing that struck me was how desperate it felt. I love how scarce ammo was so that shooting seemed like it will be a decision to make, rather than the only path. Do I attack with my 4 bullets, and hope for the best, or do I sneak around and hope I don't get caught? So many games seem to use cheap tricks to try to make you feel, like extra blood, or extra tough enemies, which usually fails to elicit the desired response it seems.

The commentary in the demo had a very personal atmosphere, from both the main characters and the enemies. I thought it was incredible how the familiar chat from all characters contrasted so heavily with the intense violence that followed. The sound in general was brilliant and the exclamation after the molotov was an amazing touch in my opinion. It achieved a gritty, grim, and desperate atmosphere through the contrast between a reasonable period of safety and a sudden transition into danger that they were ill equipped for. And kept an appropriate degree of gravity for the situation. They did what they had to do but it wasn't comfortable. "thanks for help with the... uh... killing." and other touches like the ducking animation when a shot was fired were so amazing.

That said, this could still go horribly south. If you are fighting every second of the game and that early part is just the transition from one fight zone to another, its going to get real stale, real fast. Especially with how quick-timey the combat looked to be up close.

This is the type of game that would benefit enormously from physics puzzles, and exploration puzzles, with combat being used a little more sparingly to keep up the tension up. And vary the length of the combat scenarios. Some are one or 2 enemies which can be snuck past or at least not be not be a huge threat. And some are long and multi-staged like the one seen where it gets really dicey. And for gods sake make the healthpacks a rare commodity.

And give the girl decent ai please. Please.

Really impressed so far. Looking forward to this, really hope they don't **** this one up.

Thoughts?
Ductape is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 05:45 PM   #44
Pvt.LHeureux
Project Normandy Contributor

Default Re: [COLOR="Red"][Game][/COLOR] The Last of Us

Looks like a mix of zombies with Uncharted, love both so

Also your thread name isn't really working with the color

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Chuva_RD : You want to remove bugged thing but dont tell how to fill formed void.
Pvt.LHeureux is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 05:53 PM   #45
ZaZZo

Is it coming to PC?
ZaZZo is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 05:59 PM   #46
Pvt.LHeureux

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZaZZo View Post
Is it coming to PC?
No, PS3 exclusive.

Chuva_RD : You want to remove bugged thing but dont tell how to fill formed void.
Old 06-06-2012, 06:19 PM   #47
[R-COM]Hulabi
FDF Faction Lead
Project Reality Beta Tester
Supporting Member

Damn, that gameplay looked amazing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pvt.LHeureux View Post
No, PS3 exclusive.
What...?

Looking for Modellers, Mappers, Texture artists and Exporters!
#fdfpr @
or PM
[R-COM]Hulabi is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 07:23 PM   #48
Qaiex

Default Re: [Game] The Last of Us

It's from Naughty Dog, the people who made Uncharted. What did you expect?
Qaiex is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 07:27 PM   #49
Pvt.LHeureux

Oooh, yeah..

Old 06-06-2012, 07:43 PM   #50
[R-DEV]Ninja2dan
PR:BF2 Developer

The game looks good, but opinions will sway one way or the other once more details are released about the final concept and focus of the gameplay. I haven't been a huge console fan, in fact I stopped playing consoles before the PS3 even went retail. But if they aren't going to release a PC version, maybe it's about time I finally got around to buying a PS3 and a few of those games I've wanted to try out (GTA4 for example).

[R-DEV]Ninja2dan is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
ellen page, fancy graphics, game, girl and father, last of us, playstation game, ps3, ps3:(, survival, thelastofus, trailers, truck ambush, zombie apocalypse, zombies