project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Off-Topic Forums > Off-Topic Discussion
01 Oct 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Off-Topic Discussion For all discussions not related to PR. No Spam.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-15-2011, 07:52 PM   #31
TheOldBreed

Default Re: buy a gun? I need help/advise

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK47 WARRIOR View Post
Hmm that also good but do you think that shotguns just blow you away to the back because of the recoil ?
You mean like those comical videos of your fellow Arab brethren shooting at that indoor range?

For me, the decision on my .243 A-bolt also came down to price. I got a pretty good deal for mine. Do you not want to go for something more 'modern'? or another calibre perhaps? (in terms of a rifle I mean).

Them darn gun lawz over here constrict my first-hand knowledge of anything other than a bolt-action, shotgun, black powder, or low-calibre semi-automatic rifle. But from what I've heard over the years, the Glock is definitely the way to go!
TheOldBreed is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 08:24 PM   #32
sell

I have to say, the k 31 carbine, is nice, but I am more looking for a pistol, then for a rifle.

the k 31 came up because, I like the rifle, and it would be nice to go and shoot with it, and I could walk in a gun store on Monday, and be on the range with my k 31 on the same day.
it would be something, so I can go and shoot, instead of waiting a half year till a did make my decision^^
sell is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 05:17 PM   #33
Epim3theus

Can't give advise or real help but that K 31 is sooo nice looking, classic beauty.

If you can read this the bitch fell off.
Epim3theus is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 06:10 PM   #34
puppetmaster532

275px-enfield_musket..jpg
screw all of the other suggestions get a gentleman's rifle a Snider Enfield p1853/66 .577 cal rifle. no licence needed because of antiquated caliber and only $600 US for a reproduction. rounds can be bought for $3 each or made from cut down brass 24 gauge shot gun shells with a 60 cal ball. mmmmm such a nice rifle or you could buy a real deal mark 2 p1853/66 for $1250
puppetmaster532 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 04:01 PM   #35
Arnoldio
Banned

Beretta M9 maybe?

If id buy a shotgun, id go for some stuff from Benelli.
Arnoldio is offline Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 09:26 PM   #36
sell

Today I did visit, one of the local, gun stores, actually to buy a new peperspray, as my old one was out of date.

Anyway, I did ask the store owner, about my intention to buy a gun.
And he showed me some nice stuff, one of them was a sig p 220, a former police gun, she did look relay nice, the only minor thing, she did have some scraper, on the slide, ( from the holster) but except of this she is a beauty
The Swiss police don't use there weapons very much, the guy in the store said, this gun was only shoot 2 or 3 times a year, for target practice.
And another plus point is, the police, take good care of there guns.
and the best thing is, she would only cost 700 sfr, a new one would be something about 2000 sfr

The other gun, I did have my hands on, was one out of the sig pro series, cant remember which on exactly.
A nice gun as well, I can understand why the french, police national, and the DEA, are using them
And also a good price 780 sfr.
Old 11-10-2011, 10:55 PM   #37
sell

I have to admit, I did fall a bit in love, specially with the sig pro^^
And I have to say, I am probably gonna buy, something like this.
although the k 31 is not out of the race, but I think if I will buy one, I will do this later, but for a bit more then 100 swiss francs, it is hard to say no, at least for me
Since I am probably, gonna buy a pistol now. I did start thinking about IPSC Shooting, looks like a nice alternative, to the normal 50 meters target shooting we do here.

Any one of you guys, have experience with IPSC?
Old 11-15-2011, 03:30 PM   #38
Wasteland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lacrosse4Life17 View Post
If you keep, say a pump shotgun, you can just scare a burglar or someone just by pumping it. (I would be outta that house in no time if I heard someone pump something) Hope I helped.

You hear this a lot in the home defense literature, but I think it's pretty poor advice. If you wield your gun in defense, you'd better be ready to kill someone with it. Relying on the "I'll just rack the action and he'll get scared off" seems to me like a good way to be forced into a situation you may not have wanted to be in. I realize you didn't suggest he just rely on pumping the action. But people repeat this advice a lot, and I'm sure there are people out there who end up brandishing their shotgun and pumping the action in scenarios where they don't actually want to kill anybody, like ejecting a drunk and unruly party guest.

On topic: OP, don't you have a SG 550 as a Swiss male?

Also, if you're concerned with SHTF scenarios at all (like a breakdown in societal order), a pistol is a nice option since you can conceal it. If you're armed with a long gun in a SHTF scenario, others may want to take it for themselves. But they may let the person seemingly without anything worth taking pass unobstructed.

Originally Posted by: ArmedDrunk&Angry
we don't live in your fantastical world where you are the super hero sent to release us all from the bondage of ignorance
Originally Posted by: [R-MOD]dunehunter
don't mess with wasteland, a scary guy will drag you into an alleyway and rape you with a baseballbat
Wasteland is offline Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 11:33 PM   #39
sell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wasteland View Post
On topic: OP, don't you have a SG 550 as a Swiss male?

Also, if you're concerned with SHTF scenarios at all (like a breakdown in societal order), a pistol is a nice option since you can conceal it. If you're armed with a long gun in a SHTF scenario, others may want to take it for themselves. But they may let the person seemingly without anything worth taking pass unobstructed.
No because, I did not fulfill my military service yet.

Today I was in the city, to get all the documents I need.
So I visited the bureau for weapons, explosives, and fireworks, at the police station, and the post office.
The police for, the application, to get the license to buy a gun, and the post office, for a check of my criminal records.
Kind of strange, to get a application, for a criminal records check, at the post office
But the good thing is, they send your data, on a secure line strait to the federal police, and they send it home to you.

And then, I did go to the gun store, to reserve my weapon of choice

A 9mm, sig sp 2022

all I can do now is waiting, and then I can wait some more
Old 11-16-2011, 07:42 AM   #40
Cassius

That a pump gun is uneffective beyond 30 Meters is a videogame myth. After all combat shotguns are derived from hunting rifles.

|TG|cap_Kilgore

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Cassius is online now Reply With Quote

Tags
buy, gun, help or advise