project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Off-Topic Forums > Off-Topic Discussion
11 Dec 2017, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Off-Topic Discussion For all discussions not related to PR. No Spam.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-03-2011, 08:55 AM   #1
Dunehunter
Forum Moderator
Supporting Member

Send a message via MSN to Dunehunter
Default Battlefield 3 Mk.3 (PC/Console Game)

Battlefield 3 thread Mk.1
Battlefield 3 thread Mk. 2

Second one was getting laggy, so here's Mk. 3

[R-MOD]Jigsaw] I am drunk. I decided to come home early because I can''t realy seea nyithng. I hthknk i madea bad choicce.
Dunehunter is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 09:02 AM   #2
Spush
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Default Re: Battlefield 3? (PC/Console Game)

Pfft, so what it was getting a tad bit laggy.
Spush is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 09:03 AM   #3
Skodz

I tested the open beta, I played bf2, all the booster pack, bf2142, pr of course, bfbc1, bfbc2 and honestly, I get absolutely no bf2 feeling at all while playing bf3. It totally feels like bfbc3.

Same graphics as BFBC2, same interface, same game modes, same classes, I really don't see how they could call this a sequel to bf2... To be a sequel, they would need bigger maps, no fucking rush game mode, mods support, better team organisation, a new unique interface, no single player, more classes, etc.

If there are rules about how to make a sequel, I'm pretty sure DICE didn't follow any.

Oh, sure, there are some improvement vs bfbc2, crouch, we can see our legs, nice animations but nothing really making it a brand new game... Merely an upgraded version of BFBC2.

I gotta say that map/game mode choice are really bad also for the open beta, maybe if it was a 64 player full vehicle conquest map it would feel a little bit more like bf2...

And there is almost no destruction in bf3. If there was 1 thing to keep from bfbc2, it was the total destruction...

And what's up with these glowing grenades, triangles on ennemies position, kill cam, displaying ennemies healthbar...

Huge disapointment.

I mean, it sure is an entertaining FPS but it's in no way a sequel to BF2. They should have called it something else, like call of bad company 3 or something like that.

No leaning still in 2011? Do they know like almost everyother FPS have it?

I was impressed with the deploy mode and mobile spawnpoint though, it's almost like they did learned something from PR afterall.

I'm curious to see if Armored Personel carrier can still only carry 2 people like bfbc2 lol.
Last edited by Skodz; 10-03-2011 at 09:10 AM..
Old 10-03-2011, 09:16 AM   #4
Nebsif
Supporting Member

Default Re: Battlefield 3 Mk.3 (PC/Console Game)

@Dune: One of the DICE baws dudes said in a video that open beta build is idd old, sth like 2weeks-month old.
Me thinks its more of battlelog and gameplay beta than anything else.

Nebsif is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 09:17 AM   #5
Spush
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

I beg to differ, since I did mange to be able to play on the Caspian Border map quite a few times, and I am an avid Battlefield player been playing since 1942 (Desert Combat of course too), and the game sure did have a Battlefield feel, although rush feels a lot like BC2, the mechanics that transfers over to Conquest 64 works great, feels great looks great plays great. Don't judge this game on one map that they decided to show case and I do agree it was a terrible move for DICE to do so. I also understand your opinion and I do respect to fully, I just would like some people to be able to give this game a chance even though there are flaws that I do acknowledge, and hate terribly.
Spush is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 09:21 AM   #6
Brainlaag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skodz View Post
.....and mobile spawnpoint though, it's almost like they did learned something from PR afterall.

I'm curious to see if Armored Personel carrier can still only carry 2 people like bfbc2 lol.
BF2142, not PR my friend, best thing IMO is if they did a copy of BF2142 (best BF, not only gameplay wise but AT SOME POINT also technically seen).
Brainlaag is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 09:21 AM   #7
Nebsif
Supporting Member

Every BF3 = BC2/3 argument is invalid if u didnt play Caspian Border, I dare say it even felt more PR'ish than any vanilla BF game.

Nebsif is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 09:37 AM   #8
gazzthompson

Ive yet to play Caspian Border so my point may be void, but for it to feel like a 'battlefield 2 sequel', in my opinion, it would of needed a much better squad system than whats currently in BF3, thats what made BF2 for me.

But ill wait and see, hope i am proven wrong.

I am enjoying metro, now that i dissregard the game as a "battlefield" game and treat it as something different.

gazzthompson is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 09:45 AM   #9
Ts4EVER
FH2 Developer

Metro is not all that different from FH2 push maps imo. I always wondered why they designed them for 32 players only though.

Ts4EVER is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 09:50 AM   #10
LieutenantNessie
Banned

Just give us some another map than OP Shitty Deadtrap.

The map just encourages spawnkilling and camping, getting frustrated on it. Wouldn't buy the game if it was for the beta but I know there will be some good maps as well. Well, atleast what I looked caspian
LieutenantNessie is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
6-apb, battlefield, bf3, close, console, experience, game, mk3, opinion, pc or console, quarters, skill