project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Off-Topic Forums > Off-Topic Discussion
19 Apr 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Off-Topic Discussion For all discussions not related to PR. No Spam.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-16-2011, 08:34 PM   #811
Fishw0rk

Default Re: Battlefield 3 Mk.3 (PC/Console Game)

you know I really hope DICE gives flares by default to air vehicles. It recently occurred to me that flying a transport chopper is going to fucking suck without flares, especially since it's so hard to earn points as a pilot (going by vBF2). Will you need to rely on your door gunner to grind out points?!?!? That'll just make the pilot go look for kills instead of transporting people. :-/

EA Origin account: Mishfal
Fishw0rk is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 08:51 PM   #812
Conman51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishw0rk View Post
instead of transporting people. :-/
You mean transporting people in Bf2? Where 1 or 2 people would get the chopper and fly off and ditch it once they get close to a flag?

"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog."
-Mark Twain

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Conman51 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 08:56 PM   #813
Qaiex

Yeah there's not going to be any transportation, whether by humvee, apc, or helicopter, in any game ever.
At least not any game with mainstream appeal.

People in general are idiots, and those who aren't idiots are assholes. Any ideas you have of teamwork and relying on your teammates is pretty much dead in the water. At least when you're not playing something like PR or ArmA, or with friends.
Working together with random people is just one of those things that'll never happen.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Qaiex is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 09:13 PM   #814
mockingbird0901
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qaiex View Post
Yeah there's not going to be any transportation, whether by humvee, apc, or helicopter, in any game ever.

People in general are idiots, and those who aren't idiots are assholes. Any ideas you have of teamwork and relying on your teammates is pretty much dead in the water. At least when you're not playing something like PR or ArmA, or with friends.
Working together with random people is just one of those things that'll never happen.
Not really, I can remember at least 2 times in vBF2 where there was actuall transport going on.

....then again I was the one doing the transporting...
But yea, in vBF2, if you don't make it to the chopper till its ready to take of, you're grabbing the next one..

I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.
-Albert Einstein
Volens et potens
Tema567 just might be my new hero

mockingbird0901 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 06:33 AM   #815
[R-DEV]Spec
Lead Forum Moderator

Though I recently had a round of BF2 on the 126 player server, and there actually was a decent amount of teamwork. Had a 'squad' (weren't actually a squad) take a chopper from flag to flag, always waiting for it to be full before taking off, capping lots of flags with the same group of people. There can be teamwork in a mainstream game, just gotta be lucky.

If I was a developer of a mainstream game I'd not give up trying to encourage it.

Thanks to [R-MOD]IINoddyII for the signature! || If you need help or have a question, feel free to contact me via

[R-DEV]Spec is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 07:03 AM   #816
Qaiex

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-MOD]Spec View Post
Though I recently had a round of BF2 on the 126 player server, and there actually was a decent amount of teamwork. Had a 'squad' (weren't actually a squad) take a chopper from flag to flag, always waiting for it to be full before taking off, capping lots of flags with the same group of people. There can be teamwork in a mainstream game, just gotta be lucky.

If I was a developer of a mainstream game I'd not give up trying to encourage it.
That's one decent round in what? A hundred? A thousand?

Old 10-17-2011, 07:17 AM   #817
Mr Smiles

i was always transporting people in bfvietnam and bf2 + pr + FH2. I just doesnt happen as much as you would like to, like your personal taxi wich always stands by when you call for it.

Mr Smiles is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 08:49 AM   #818
LieutenantNessie
Banned

YouTube Video

You guys seen these crazy finnish guy's mastering the chopper?
LieutenantNessie is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 08:52 AM   #819
Cassius

Quote:

I think we should stop hating on games like BF3. You just can not compare it to PR or ARMA2. Its like a porsche fan test driving a long haul truck and then raging about how bad the acceleration is, how badly it corners etc. .

I had awesome rounds of PR since the nubs left for BF3. Peopl?e embracing 4km maps, Squadleaders thinking ahead and using transport trucks instead of hoping the one chopper will take care of 60 people, APCs falling back to transport troops.

Quote:
That's one decent round in what? A hundred? A thousand?
It used to be that way, but now that only serious PR players are on, every round was awesome for me. Of course this means empty servers during the week, but 3-10 hours of PR a week which you can clock friday through sunday are plenty.

Without games like BF3 the people who take and ditch assets would be on the PR servers. Give people the game they demand. If the masses want BF3 let them have it, those who want something else can then play PR or PR arma relatively unmolested.

Hopefully people will from now on recognize that BF COD and PR ARMA2 are 2 distinct games and play the game they want to actually play.

|TG|cap_Kilgore

Cassius is online now Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 09:04 AM   #820
Qaiex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassius View Post
I think we should stop hating on games like BF3. You just can not compare it to PR or ARMA2. Its like a porsche fan test driving a long haul truck and then raging about how bad the acceleration is, how badly it corners etc.
I'm not hating, nor am I comparing BF3 to anything. All I'm saying is depending on your teammates is only going to make you rage, and that if you want to enjoy BF3 you need to get into the mindset of doing everything by yourself.

Why can't I criticize the playerbase without it automatically being a negative reflection on the game itself?
Just because the BF3 players, on average, are going to be pointless cannon-fodder who's sole purpose for existing is getting in my way and fucking things up for me, doesn't mean BF3 isn't a great game.

Tags
6-apb, battlefield, bf3, close, console, experience, game, mk3, opinion, pc or console, quarters, skill